Part 34- first day back

It was Amelia's first day back at greys Sloan memorial and she was looking forward to it. Koracik had been in charge of her service for the time she was off but he was becoming unbearable and she needed to take back her own service.

"Shepard, nice of you to grace us with your presence this fine morning." Koracik said as he bowed down mocking the fact Amelia had been off for longer than medically necessary. "I had literal brain surgery Tom, don't flatter yourself trust me I didn't want you ruining my service while I was away." Amelia replied. Amelia and Tom had a strange friendship. To any one who didn't know them it would seem like they hated each other but in reality they had become very close friends over the years of working together.

Amelia Maggie and Meredith sat down in Amelia's office for lunch when Jackson walked in. "Hey. I have a kid with a nuero problem do you think you could check it out." He said. Jackson and Amelia walked out leaving Mer and Maggie alone in Amelia's office. Meredith took Amelias half eaten wrap and bit in to it. "So I don't really know Addison." Maggie said. Meredith looked confused. Of course Maggie knew Addison. Addie and Maggie practically lived together because Maggie was round at Mer's so often. "What do you mean." Mer said.
"I mean ya know. Amelia knew Addie from before when she was a kid and you knew her because she used to work here when you where an intern and she was dereks ex wife. But I only know her from the last few months." Maggie seemed genuinely sad about this so Meredith decided to make arrangements so Maggie and Addison could have a chat.

It was 10am on a Wednesday and Maggie and Addison sat in the cafeteria in an awkward silence. "So what do you wanna know." Addie asked.
"Um... I dunno I guess, was your childhood as traumatic as Mer's and Amelia's." Maggie asked. She had always felt left out because edge never had a dead dad or a neglectful mum. "Not really, I grew up comfortably with my mum and dad and brother. My mother was a secret lesbian though. And my parents practically hated each other. Oh and when I was an adult I found my mother after she had committed. So I mean it's not as bad as some peoples but it's not the best." Addison said. Maggie was surprised she thought she had finally found someone with a normal life at grey Sloan. "Oh right well I guess you had a traumatic childhood just like Amelia and Mer then." Maggie replied. The two women laughed then fell into another awkward silence. After a while Maggie started to talk about Meredith and Addison joined in. The conversation was flowing when they where talking about Mer because they both had so much to say. They spent around an hour talking about Mer until Addie was paged.

"So how was your chat with Maggie. What did you talk about." Meredith asked as she lay next to Addison in bed. " it was cool we mostly talked about you. And traumatic childhoods." Addison rolled over to go to sleep as Meredith was left with a very confused look on her face.