Part 18- Hospital

Meredith and Addison where in the car on their way to work. Zola sat in the back and they where about to pick up Amelia and link. She was afraid that if Amelia was late (which she always is) she would have to watch the two sickly lovebirds for longer than she needed to.

They arrived at the Shepard-Lincoln household and beeped the horn. After three minuets the kissing became unbearable for Zola so she when to go and knock on their door. A half dressed Amelia opened the door. "We are nearly ready." She said although she clearly wasn't. Zola didn't mind so long as she wasn't stuck in the car with Mer and Addie.

A few seconds later Maggie called Meredith. "Hey can you pick me up on your way to the hospital." Maggie asked and of course Meredith agreed. Meredith had a seven seater car so Zola was going to have to sit in the trunk seat.

Nearly fifteen minutes after they first arrived Amelia link and Zola got in the car. "Zola, we are collecting auntie Maggie so you are gonna have to sit in the trunk seat." Zola groaned in disappointment. She might as well have got the bus at least sitting next to an old alcoholic was better than being with her crazy family.

They finally got to the hospital and they all got out the car. It was like a Russian doll and after all six of them had got out the car they walked into the hospital. It was Addison's first day.

Zola and link walked to the orthopaedic ward (Zola was on his service today.). Amelia went to the neurology sweet and Meredith went to the attendings lounge leaving Addison on her own in the lobby. She breathed in and she was so glad to be back at her old hospital. She walked to the NICU and got to work.

After a full twelve hour day all six doctors piled into the car. Link had two boxes of cold pizza left over from lunch so they all had a slice. None of them talked on the way home because they where all so tired.

Once everyone was dropped off Meredith and Addison when strait to bed. It's unusual for a couple who have just moved in to go to bed without at least a kiss but the pair where so tired they completely forgot. They both slept until the next day when they had to do the same thing again. The life of a doctor was never easy.