Part 46- bed rest

"Hey. Hey. Addie you need to be in bed." Meredith said. She had just come he from her shift at the hospital to find Addison in the kitchen making herself some food. "But it's sooooooooo boringgggg." Addison whined. "There's nothing to do." She added. Meredith was concerned, it had only been three days since Addie was let out of hospital. "You had literal brain surgery eight days ago. You need to rest." Meredith said and she started to pack up all of the things Addie had got out to cook. Then she wrapped her arm around addies back and walked with her upstairs. Although Addison could walk on her own and could probably have quite easily got out of the hold Meredith had her in she didn't dare to disagree with Meredith. Meredith could be quite feisty when she wanted to be.

Addison lay in bed. She was binge watching NCIS for the third time. "You know if you keep watching that your brain will turn to mush and you won't be able to be a surgeon anymore. They will have to fire you because you will forget how to cut." Meredith said. She was joking but part of her was being serious. She remembered when she had to stay at home after her kidney donation and how bored she had been. The only thing that got her through the weeks was Dereks spinal chord tumour, it kept her thinking about surgery. "Well what do you want me to watch." She said. "It's not like they broadcast surgery's."Little did Addison know that Meredith's dark and twisted life had led her to own many surgery tapes of her mother. "Actually I have at least 50 tapes of my mother performing surgery. You should watch those." Meredith said.
"Nah. I think I'll stick to NCIS." Addison replied.

The next day as usual Meredith came home from work. She expected to see Addison on the kitchen or the front room as she had done in the previous days. Instead she walked upstairs to find her engrossed in a surgery tape of her mother. "So you changed your mind then." Meredith said.
"Yeah. Mer, I mean I knew your mom was a genius but Jesus she's amazing." Addison said. "Yeah she was an amazing surgeon. Ya know I think dead mommy would be proud. I've shown her talent to a new person." Meredith said. After a few seconds she burst out laughing. "No she wouldn't." She said and she sat down on the bed to watch the rest of the surgery tape with Addie.