Part 51- criminal

It was a Thursday and Zola, Meredith and Addison where home. Bailey was with Henry and Ellis was out with friends. A loud banging came from outside. The banging continued so Zola got up. Her mum and Addie where both heavy sleepers but she was already awake so she went downstairs. She realised it was the police at the door. She ran upstairs to get her mum. "Mum. Mum. The police are at the door." She whispered. She barely remembered when her mum was in jail. She didn't know that was happening at the time but she has been told since. A small part of her was scared they where coming for her mum again. "Mum. Did you do anything." She asked as they walked downstairs. "No sweetie. It can't be for me." She replied. Meredith opened the door.
"I'm sorry ma'am for disturbing you and your husband but we need to check your garden. There is a criminal on the loose and he is known to hide in residential gardens. Do you mind if we come in." He asked. He had a southern accent like he was from Alabama or Georgia. Meredith nodded at let him in. There where a few officers and they went into the back garden with torches. "Hey are you ok." Zola asked. Meredith looked confused. "He asked about your husband." Zola continued.
"Oh yeah well ya know, he's not to know I'm like super gay and shit." Meredith replied. She was playing it cool but inside she was pissed.

The man walked back in. "We didn't find Andy thing ma'am. Do you mind if I could speak to your husband. Some of the technical parts of the police investigation can get a bit confusing for the women. Ya know." He said. He patted Meredith on her shoulder but she shrugged away his hand and just glared at him. At this precise moment in true Addison fashion Addie came downstairs. She was wearing her silk red robe and very small Pyjamas. She came downstairs and kissed Meredith in the lips then looked to the officer. "Hey what can I help you with." Addie said. She had no idea what was going on because she had just woken up. "What's going on." She asked because the officer hadn't spoken since she entered. "Is he ok." She whispered into Mer's ear. "I don't think he's ever seen a lesbian couple in the wild." She whispered back and the two women giggled. "Right we'll that will be everything ma'am and er... other ma'am. May god bless you." He said and he walked out.

The three women looked at each other and Zola burst out laughing. "Do you think he thinks god will 'cure' you gayness. What a dick." She said and she went upstairs and back to bed.

"Well I'm glad god can't cure my gayness cos then I wouldn't be able to love you." Addie said and smiled. What did they even want I was asleep when they arrived." Addie asked.
"Oh I dunno some criminal on the loose. Apparently he was known to hide in other peoples gardens. They just wanted to check." Meredith replied. The two women walked back upstairs and they kissed once again before going back to sleep.