Part 60- doc

A bright sun rose in the in the sky and a bright light shine through the window. The light shine right into Addison's eyes waking her up. She yawned and rolled over to see the light shining over Meredith's face in the most beautiful way. She smiled as she looked at the face of the women who she loved most in this world.

As the sun continued to rise it moved and now the main beam was directly in Meredith's eyes waking her up as well. She yawned and as she opened her eyes she saw the beautiful face of Addison looking over her. "Mmmmm hey baby." She slurred in a half asleep manner. "Hey." Addison replied.

Downstairs the women ate breakfast. Slowly all of the others started to emerge from their rooms. It was a weekend so Ellis and Bailey didn't have school. Zola was working nights this week so she had just come home. The smell of the breakfast Addison was making made her stay downstairs instead of going upstairs for her much needed sleep.

After all of the others had left Addie and Mer where the only ones left in the kitchen. There was a knock at the door. When Meredith opened it she saw a middle aged women with a small dog in her hands. "Hey. Is this your dog. He was in your lawn I thought he might have escaped." The women said. "No it's not. But me and my girlfriend are free today so we could take him to the vets. I heard all dogs are microchipped so they could scan him and find his owner." Meredith replied.
"Oh that would be great I am having a really busy day actually I just didn't want to see this little guy get lost." The women said. She handed the dog over to Meredith and then she left. "Babe. I think we need to get dressed and go to the vets. I've got a dog." Meredith shouted. Addison hadn't heard any of the conversation so was very confused but she knew not to argue with Mer so she went upstairs to get ready to go to the vets.

"Hi um I called earlier about a missing dog." Addie said to lady behind the desk at the vets. "Oh yes we can take him through now to get him scanned. Wait right here please." The lady said. She took the small dog through into another room. "Addie." Meredith said in her 'I want something' voice. "So you think we can get a dog." She asked. Addison was prepared for this question because she knew it would come up sooner or later. "We both work to much." She replied.
"But. Dog sitters and dog walkers and one of the kids is always home." She said. Addie just smiled. She loved her wife but she did have a tendency to only see one side of things (it was often only the bad side but very rarely she would see the good in things.) "I'm so sorry lady's but this dog seems to be a stray. No microchip." The women said. "I can take him to the pound or if I get you a form you can adopt him." The women said. She seemed hopeful that they would choose to adopt. "Oooo yes please Addie." Meredith said.
"Uggg fine." Addie said. She knew she would never win this fight. If there was one thing Meredith was better at than surgery it was being stubborn. "Wow we don't get many people who say yes to that. I'm glad this little mans gonna get a good home." The vet said.

"Can we call him max. Oooo no Toby. Ooo or we could call him benny." Meredith said in the car on the way home. "Well why don't we just see what he responds to. Maybe he already has a name." Addison said.

The women came into the house walking with the dog behind them. The vet had given them a spare lead and collar. "Hey do you remember that dog we had before." Addison said. "Doc." She continued. As soon as Addison said doc the dog jumped up and down in excitement. "Doc?" Addison said again. "Maybe that's his name." She said. "Well we can't give him the same name that's just weird." Meredith said.
"My mother had four dogs all called Lucy." Addison said. "It's not weird." She said.
"Your mother was weird you have said so yourself. Many times." Meredith said. "Plus it would feel like we where trying to replace doc. I don't want to do that." Meredith said. "Maybe we should keep thinking."

"Charlie. Mac. Toby. Fluffy. Henry. Bobby. Benny. Buddy." Meredith said. She kept reading dog name s until he reacted. "Buster. Rocky. Sam. Jax. Oh you like that one hey. Jax." The dog barked and wagged his tail. "Jax it is then." Meredith said.

"So I got jax a water bowl and a food bowl and I gave him some chicken as well because we think he likes that." Meredith said. "Jax?" Addie asked.
"Oh yeah o forgot to tell you that's is put dogs name." She said. And she rolled over. Addison was confused this morning she was living in pet free house and now she has a dog named jax. And her girlfriend was acting like it was just a normal day. She rolled over and went to sleep as well.