Part 66- homework

It was a Thursday night and Meredith had gotten home from a 12 hour shift. Addison was on nights so she had just gone into the hospital. Meredith was home alone with Ellis. Ellis was up in her room doing homework. Meredith made her and Ellis some food and then she went upstairs to give Ellis a grilled cheese. She opened the door and Ellis immediately slammed her laptop closed. "Hey". Meredith said. "I thought you might be hungry."
"Yeah. Um thanks. And that isn't what you think it is." Ellis said.
"Well I ya know. I didn't think it was anything bad. I mean your a teenager. Your gonna feel Um. Ya know. Um urges. Nothing to be embarrassed by or anything." Meredith quickly left the room. Ellis was very embarrassed because her mum knew what she was watching. She was just doing research. she knew she wasn't straight but she didn't exactly know what she was, so she was researching.

Meredith was scared she sat downstairs eating her food. She wasn't stupid of course she knew her oldest two did stuff like this.  It not her baby Ellis. She didn't want to loose her.

After about 2 hours Meredith was going to go up to bed because she had to work in the morning again. "Hey." She said as she knocked on Ellis's door. She went in and sat on Ellis's bed. "So ya know before." She said. "I wasn't you know." Ellis replied. "I was just doing homework." She said.
"Homework? Then why did you hide it." Meredith asked.
"Well it was personal homework. Look ya know I've been thinking about this for a while and I don't think I'm straight. Like I'm not full on gay but I'm definitely not straight. I was just doing homework to ya know be sure." Ellis said. Meredith felt proud of Ellis for saying that. "That's really good. But maybe do your 'homework' when the house is empty." She said and she walked out. She had always wished she had had the courage to come out at 16. But at least she was out now.