Part 12- meeting the family

"Mom this is so weird" said Henry. They where on their way to dinner with the Grey-Shepards, Lincoln-shepherds and the Ndugu-pierce family's. "We are going for a family meal. And there will be lots of surgeons there maybe you can ask questions." Addison said. "Ok fine." Henry replied.

When they arrived the younger children where playing in Baileys room with Bailey. Henry walked over to the drinks and poured himself a non alcoholic beverage. Meredith walked over to Addison. "You ok. You look nervous." Meredith said "yeah I'm fine. I just hope he gets on with everyone." Addison replied.

Maggie had cooked the dinner and Amelia and Meredith had tried to help. Everyone sat at the table and the kids sat on the floor. Dinner went smoothly and conversation flowed.

After dinner Henry walked over to his boss (Zola). "Hi Dr G-shepherd" Henry said. It was weird seeing his boss outside of work especially since their moms where together. "Hi Dr Montgomery." Zola replied. "Oh I hate it when people call me that. That's my mother's name." Henry said.
"I used to feel that way, that's why I go by G-shepherd at the hospital." Zola said "You should think of something else people can call you. How about Dr. Monty. Or Dr. M"
"Dr. M makes me sound like a bad scientist from an eighties comic and Dr. Monty makes me seem like I'm super posh." Henry said "Dr. Monty it is then. I'd rather sound posh that like a bad scientist." Zola laughed.

Bailey was up in his room with all six kids. He really liked kids and he hoped to have his own one day. 'Knock knock'. Henry opens the door to Baileys room. "Hi I'm Henry. I'm Addison's son." Henry said. "Oh hi Henry in Bailey. And this is Scout, Mayella, Maudie, Jem, Diane, and Bill." Bailey said as he pointed to each of the children. "Cool. Hi guys." Henry stayed and talked to Bailey for a while until he was hungry again and so he left.

The final person Henry had to meet was Ellis. So he looked downstairs and found her in the corner on her phone.

"Hi I'm Henry, you must be Ellis." He said to Ellis. She looked up fro her phone and then looked at Henry up and down. Once she had looked at him she looked back at her phone. "Hi Henry. What do you want I'm kinda busy." Ellis replied. Ellis could be quite snappy when she wanted to be just like her mother and her grandmother. " Oh well I just came to say hi but it doesn't matter. You've clearly got better things to do." Henry said with a sarcastic tone. "Look I know all I need to know. I have a photographic memory. Your wearing a blue shirt and grey pants, you have a black belt and black shoes. Oh and you fly is undone." Ellis said "look as I said before I'm kinda busy." Henry walked away and did up his fly.

Henry rather liked this family. Ellis seemed quite snappy but nothing Henry couldn't get used to. And the others all seemed very nice. He spent the rest of the night talking to other people at the party.