Part 28- crash 2

'Beep beep beep beep." The monitor started up again. "Oh thank god. Grey would have killed me if you died. And my reputation would have been ruined if I killed Amelia Shepard." Koracick said as he went back to Amelia's open brain. The rest of the surgery was relatively calm and after eight long hours Tom when tour to tell Addison and link that Amelia was ok. He was still unsure if Amelia would make it through the night but if she did she should have a full recovery.

Because of all the emotions everyone had completely forgotten to tell Meredith. She was just coming out of surgery and she was very happy. Addison walked up to her and told her to sit down. "Who died. I know that face who died." Meredith asked as she sat down next to a Addison. "No one, look Amelia and link for in a car crash and Amelia had to have surgery but she is ok and she is in the icu." Meredith had gone by the time Addison finished and she was running to the icu. She got there to see a sad link and Maggie. She ran over to hold Amelia's free hand and leant in to whisper in her ear "if you die I will kill you." She said as her voice broke. "Well how would that work." A croaky voice spoke up. Amelia opened her eyes and looked over at everyone. Addison paged koracick and he did an exam. "Well you shouldn't be awake yet considering the damage and I'm surprised you have no neurological issues." He said once he was done.

Addison Maggie and Meredith where pulled into Amelia's room. None of them wanted to leave. Link had taken the kids home to sleep at Mer's while Ellis and Zola looked after them. He had gone home to have a sleep as well so he could be awake in the morning when he came to visit. "Why didn't you tell me sooner." Meredith asked Addison as they sat leaning in Amelia's bed. Maggie was asleep. "You where in surgery. You know the protocol." Addison replied. "Protocol? She's my sister and she was having surgery in the room next door I should have at least known she was there." Meredith said. She didn't know why she was mad at Addison it wasn't completely her fault, anyone could have told her, but she though Addison would at least try to break protocol for her. "I'm sorry. I truly am I just wasn't thinking strait. I should have told you." Addison said. She lent in to kiss Meredith and then they both when back to sleep.