Part 48- party

It had been 18 years since Seattle grace mercy west hospital became grey Sloan memorial hospital. To mark the day Bailey had decided to hold a party.

"Hey are you ready for the party." Addison said. She was wearing a beautiful black dress much like the one she had seen Meredith wear when they had the hospital prom ages ago. Addison had always thought Meredith had looked to gorgeous that night. Addie walked into the room to find Meredith in sweats eating ice cream on their bed. "Mer! We have to leave in 15 minuets have you even showered." Addison said. Meredith didn't respond so Addison had to go over and pull the ice cream out of her hands so she would look at her. "I'm not going." She said.
"You have to go. You own the hospital." Addie replied. Meredith looked sad and she lay on the bed staring at the ceiling. "It feels wrong. To celebrate mark and Lexie's deaths. The only reason this even is an anniversary is because they died. And they aren't here. And neither is Derek or Christina or Arizona or Callie. I just can't go. Tell Bailey I'm sorry. You should still go though. You've been looking forward to this for weeks." Meredith said. A small tear trickled down her face as she thought about all the people she had lost.

Addison called Amelia and Maggie to tell them to come round. She told them it was an emergency. The party was black tie and both women wore amazing dresses. Amelia wore a navy dress that stopped just below her knees while Maggie wore a red dress that had stopped just above her knees. The two women looked beautiful. With Amelia was link who wore a black tuxedo with an open collar. It was tight and showed off his muscles.

"What's the emergency. Is Mer ok." Amelia asked. She walked strait upstairs with Maggie not far behind her. They both walked into Meredith's room. "Hey what's up." Maggie said as she sat down on the bed next to Meredith. She started to stroke her arm. "Hey can I have some of that." Amelia said and she took the ice cream out of Meredith's hand and started eating it. "You know you don't have to go." Maggie said. "Bailey will understand. Addie told us why you didn't want to go. It's ok." Maggie said. "But you have to think that you do own the hospital. And I didn't know Lexie or mark. But I knew Derek and I know he would want you to go. Just be sure that if you don't go you won't regret it." Maggie continued.
"Also my friend from AA works in the cafeteria and she said there was gonna be a chocolate fountain and I know for sure Derek wouldn't want you to miss that." Amelia said. 

Thirty minuets later. The three women came downstairs. Although they where forty five minutes late they still made it to the party. Meredith wore a maroon dress. They all looked stunning. They saw Levi and nico who both wore suits. Levi had a colourful suit while Nico had one similar to link. They saw Bailey who wore the same purple dress she had worn to Callie and Arizona's wedding because she looked so good in it. And Ben who wore a black suit with a tie.

After meeting everybody Meredith was glad she had come to honer Lexie and mark. She pulled off the cover for a new hospital sign along with Bailey and everybody clapped. As she looked in to the audience of doctors and nurses at the back she thought for a second she saw her sister, her husband and one of her best friends but after she blinked they had vanished. She didn't know how but she knew they where clapping somewhere.    

OUTFITS:
In order Amelia, Maggie, Addison, link/nico,
Meredith, Levi, Bailey and Ben.