Part 53- the ex

"Hey bitches." Amelia said as she arrived late to the ladies lunch. Around the table sat Bailey, Meredith, Addison, Maggie, jo and now Amelia. The women rarely had days off seeing as they worked in a very busy hospital but around once a year they go to lunch and catch up outside of work.

They met in an cute Italian cafe in the Seattle city centre. Meredith had recommended it. None of the women where particularly fussed about where they should meet. They where all just happy to have a day off.

"So my patient who had a tumour in her liver lived." Bailey said. Although the women weren't at work they still spoke about it. At heart all of them where beards and they mostly thought about science even if they denied it. "My patient yesterday had a kid born without fingers." Addison said. "It had hands and stuff but no fingers." Addie continued. All of the women shared stories about patients. If any of the people on the other tables had been listening to their conversation they would probably be scarred for life and have a new phobia of hospitals and doctors.

Somehow the conversation turned to relatives. "Well I don't have any. You guys are like my family. I have you guys and Levi is like a younger brother and link is like and older brother to me." Jo said.
"My mum never even told me until I was eighteen but I had an older sister who died before I was born." Bailey said. The women continued to talk about brothers and sisters, family beef, dead relatives and any other family related topics. "Do you know what I just remembered." Amelia said. "I'm technically both of your ex's." Amelia continued as she looked at Addie and Mer. "Yeah. Cos I'm your ex sister in law. And I'm also yours." She pointed to the women as she spoke. "We are ex relatives." Amelia said. Addison and Meredith where confused and it took them a while to figure out what Amelia was saying. The other women around the table also had a hard time trying to figure out what Amelia meant. Eventually all of the women understood. "Wait so if you both used to be relented to Amelia doesn't they make you kinda deleted as well." Maggie said. Mer and Addie both had disgusted looks in their faces as they thought about all the things they had done together. "Ha. You can talk you practically fucked your brother." Bailey said (she had started drinking a few hours ago and had nearly forgotten her own name.). Maggie seemed offended for a few seconds then nodded her head and shrugged as if to say fair enough.

The women where the last people still in the restaurant until they where asked to leave at 11pm because the restaurant was closing. All of the women walked out. Other than Bailey who kind of skipped and jumped and wobbled around at the same time. The hours of lunch turned into dinner had gone so fast and all the ladies didn't want to leave but they all had work the next day. They all got taxis. Amelia and Maggie shared with Bailey to make sure she got home ok.

It was Monday morning and most of the women had recovered from last nights meet up. They all sat in the attending a lounge other than Bailey. "Does anyone know where Bailey is." Maggie asked.
"She probably has chiefly stuff to do." Amelia replied. "No she wasn't in her office this morning when I dropped of some charts." Jo added. At this moment a very slow Bailey walked into the lounge. She wore dark sunglasses and walked slower than normal like she was trying not to throw up all the time. Her hair hadn't been styled this morning and she held three cups of coffee. It was safe to say she was very hung over. Most of the women knew Bailey as a strict women but now they saw her in a hole new light. "Are you alright Bailey." Meredith asked.
"Ssshhh." Bailey replied. "Too loud." She whispered. Then she left the room to go to the chiefs office leaving the other women in fits of laughter.