Part 17- getting a job

"Addison!" Miranda said as she went to hug Dr.Montgomery. "Miranda!" Addison replied. She had always respected doctor Bailey for being herself and not caring about what others thought. "Addison, why did you want to speak with me. Is everything ok with your health." Bailey had worried Addison wanted to meet because there was something wrong with her. "Oh no I actually wanted to talk to you about a job. I heard that your fetal medicine doctor just retired." Addison had spoken to some people she knew and she was told about a job opening. Dr.Bailey was surprised she did not expect that. "Well of course id love to include you in the running and I will recommend you to the board, but unfortunately I don't control the hiring process." Bailey really did want to help Addison but since the Cathrine fox foundation took over the board had to oversea all the hiring. "But your the chief surely you can pull a few strings. Miranda I have to get this job. I have to stay in Seattle. I'm in love. Please." Addison begged but unfortunately Bailey had no stings to pull.

Addison sat in the hospital cafeteria. "Hey." Amelia said. She could see that Addison was sad and she hoped it wasn't because Bailey had refused her a job. "Are you ok?" She asked.
"Bailey's a bitch" Addison said.
"Woah, I know her and I know that if there is one thing she is not it's a bitch. What's going on?" Amelia said. "Bailey said she would 'put me in the running' and 'recommend me to the board'. I have to go up against other people to get a job I clearly deserve." Addison was mad. "Well you are one of the most qualified people in the world and the Cathrine fox foundation would be lucky to have you working for them." Amelia replied. "You will easily get the job. No one is more qualified than you."

Bailey had called Addison back into her office. "Ok so remember when I told you I had no strings to pull, well I found some and you have a new job. Congrats." Bailey was smiling and she was so relieved that Addison was going to be part of the grey Sloan family. Addison was so happy as well. "Wow, thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Oh and I'm sorry I called you a bitch." Addison said as she left. "You didn't." Bailey called to her.
"I did." Addison said as she walked out the door. Bailey laughed to her self. Addison always did make her laugh.