Part 10- acceptance

'Ring ring' the doorbell rang. It was 10pm on a Wednesday and it was raining so Meredith wasn't expecting anyone. Addison had just left so she thought it could be her if she forgot something.

"Hello" Meredith said as she opens the door. In the doorway stood a crying Amelia. "Mer, I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry. You have to know I accept you." 
"Amelia, your wet come in" Meredith said. Amelia walked in and took off her coat. "I'm just so sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. Your life is your life and you should love whoever you want." Amelia said. "Ok well I guess I'm sorry too. I should have understood your questions." Meredith said.
"I'm so sorry. I've missed you so much over the last week." Amelia said.
"Amelia what's wrong." Meredith asked. She was glad Amelia accepted her but this was a bit dramatic even for her. "I read this story and it was a mother who came out and none of her friends or family accepted her and then after a while her family took away her kids and she ended up killing herself." Amelia cried "I couldn't imagine my life without you and if your in love with Addison then I'm ok with that."
"Amelia, you know I would never kill myself. And I knew you would accept me eventually. It's ok. I still love you."

Meredith told Addison about Amelia coming to her door and accepting them. "Well that's great. I'm glad she finally accepted us." Addison said.
"Me too" Meredith replied.

"Well now everyone knows, I can do this in public." Addison kissed Meredith's lips three times and then she hugged her. "I'm so glad everything finally worked out." Addison said into Meredith's ear. "I love you." Meredith said back.

Although they both knew they loved each other hearing it said out loud made Addie realise just how real this was. "I love you too." She said and she kissed her one last time.