John Dillinger 2

It been about a year since John and I met through my sister, about 5 months ago we got married and still stayed in Chicago, but I wanted to leave. John had been saving up for us to leave the country, we want to go to Brazil or somewhere anywhere but here. He also had been wanting to give it up, robbing banks and all, so we can have a family. I guess things just happened sooner then he had thought............

One day while I was at our apartment, waiting for John to come home, I suddenly felt ill. I ran to the bathroom where I hurled my guts. This had been happening for awhile now, I knew I wasn't sick. I knew what it was. I was happy but I wasn't sure how John would take it.

"There's my doll" John asked as he came inside and tossed his money on the table. He came over to me and picked me up bridal style and brought me over to the couch where he gave me sweet kiss.

"Hi baby, did you have a productive day?" 

"I sure did, we'll be out of here in no time. Something wrong?" 

"No no.......uhhh.....I have some news.....Johnny....I'm pregnant...your gonna be a daddy." 

"So soon? Me a daddy? Oh (y/n) my sweet darling, are you sure?" He asked as he rubbed circles on my tummy. 

"Yes, were gonna have our own little bundle of joy." John picked me up and took me to out bed and gently laid me down. 

"You are going to be a wonderful mother, I just know it."

"And you will be a wonderful father." I said as we snuggled up together under the warm blankets. 

   The months seem to fly by, every day was one day closer to my due date and John was on pins and needles waiting for the baby. He had everything ready, John had gotten books on how to care and deliver a baby in case he had to. One night when I was about 7 months along John and I were sitting on the couch in fount of a crackling fire. 

"Your gonna be cute aren't you, bet you'll look just like your mommy. So nice and snug in there, your getting so strong." John said to the little one as he felt the little kicks the little one made back in response to hearing daddy's voice. It was perfect. John leaned in and gave a passionate kiss which I kissed back. We made out for awhile, till we heard a knock at the door. John calmly got up to answer it, making sure he had a loaded hand gun if needed.  

"Can I help you sir?" John asked the mystery man. 

 The man came in and sat down in a chair opiste of me as John sat down next to me pulling me in close. 

"Why are you here?" John asked him sternly.

"I'm going to be perfectly honest with you folks, I have been watching you for the past few moths, steaking you out really. And I have been sent here to kill you.  I've watched as you come home every to your wife evening with money you stole, but your not like the other men I've also been watching, no. You don't squander the money on drink and women. You buy food and clothes for your wife, you invest some, save some, buy things for your baby on the way. For being a crook your one of the better ones. Seeing your wife makes me think of my own family back in Dayton, my wife in there she's pregnant with our first she's about 6 months along. I can't tell you how long I've waited to become a father, how much it excites me just to know that soon I'll be holding our little one in my arms. Now that made me think, who am I to take away such a joy form another man. I'm not saying what you did was right, but if I where you are I'd probably be doing the same, just wanting to provide for my family. So, with that being said, I've decided no to kill you. But I have to make it look like you are dead. Do you have any red wine?" 

"Yeah, we do why?" I asked nervously. 

"Come with me." The man said. He lead us outside to an ally where no one was. He had John lay down on the gowned, he then poured the red wine on and around John's face and torso. He then shot his gun in the air and took pictures of John. After he was done we went back in side and tried to forget about it, as it did shack me up a bit. 

The next day I got the paper and read the headline 

"JOHN DILLINGER SHOT DEAD ON OAK ALLY CHICAGO 1933" With the picture the man took and everything. We were finally free. 

A month after John was supposedly shot dead, we were sitting at home on the sofa cuddling when I started to feel something wet trickle down my leg fallow by sharp pains. 

"Johnny...." 

"What is doll?" 

"I think its time." I said through the pain. John emedently went to our room and laid towels on the bed and made a mountain of pillows for me to lay on. He the picked me up and cared me to our room and gently laid me down. 

"Sit tight darling, I'll get the doctor." 

"No no time! The baby is coming now!" I shouted in pain. "Please help me!!!" 

"Alight, lay down, here, keep your legs apart now." He said as he guided me thought it. John got down between my legs ready to catch the baby. 

"It hurts Johnny!!!! It hurrrrrts!!!! UGHHHH!!!!!! I cried in immense pain. 

"I know baby girl I know, your doing great just keep pushing." 

I cried and cried as the intense pain surged through me like nothing I had ever felt before. It was long and took hours of painful pushing. John was an angel and did amazing, maybe better than a doctor. After hours I pushed my last, exhausted, I fell back on the pillows as the sound of a baby crying filled the room.  

"Johnny?" I asked weakly. 

"Its a girl, doll, a little girl." John said with tears in his eyes. He brought out little girl over to the wash basin filled with warm water and washed her off and wrapped her a blanket. John came and laid down next me with our baby in his arms and handed her over to me. 

"Oh John, look at her, our baby girl!" I cried with joy. 

"So cute, so small. I told you she'd look just like you." He said as we gazed down at our little bundle of joy. 

"This is the happiest moment of my life, I love you John." 

"And I love you darling, and our little one. What should we name her?" 

"How dose Victoria sound?" 

"Victoria, I like it, Victoria (y/m/n) Dillinger. Perfect, just like you." He said as he gave me kiss on the head. I bent down and kissed our little one on her pink head, could life get any better than this?