Charlie Mortdecai #1

Its been about three years since I came to work at the Mortdecai mansion with my cousin Jacque, who was like a brother to me as we had gown up together and I had no siblings of my own. After he told the Mortdecai's that I was an excellent cook they hired me right away and I went to live with them. After awhile of getting settled in I started to become fond of the man of the house Charlie and developed a crush on him, and he became fond of me as well, his wife however not so much. I had no intentions of having an affair with Charlie and neither did he, he was very loyal to his wife and I admired that. 

  His wife Johanna, had much contempt for me and I do not know why. I always tried to stay on her good side and give her space but she always seemed angry with me. 

   Every now and again a man named Alister would come by and she would always show much affection towards him, much more affection than she would show towards her husband. Johanna even switch rooms and no longer wanted to sleep in the same bed with Charlie, this made me curious. 

  One day Charlie left the mansion to go visit some friends in Berkshire for a week. 

"I'm going to miss you Charlie, promise you won't be gone long." I said as I gave him a hug, he reciprocated and hugged me back. 

 "I won't (y/n), I'll miss you to. Keep your chin up love, I'm sure Johanna will warm up to you in time." He said as I hug my head low, when ever he would leave she became so harsh towards me. 

"I hope so, you have a nice trip. Bye!" 

"Bye (y/n)!" He said as he hopped in his car and drove off. I looked back to the house and saw Johanna staring down at me from her bedroom window with scowl on her face. 

 "Jacque! Stop eating all that, our Mistress will have no supper if don't stop!" I scolded my cousin as he ate bits of the meat pie filling I was making for Johanna. 

"Sorry (y/n), its just real good." He said bashfully. 

"And where are you off to tonight? With a girl I suppose eh?" He looked down at the floor. 

"Maybe, well you know me cuz, I always am-" Jacque was cut of by the phone ringing, it stopped suddenly. I was leery and picked it up anyways, Jacque and I listened. 

"Oh my dear Alister! When are you coming over?"  

"Soon my love, soon. And he's going to gone for a week right?

"Yes, a whole week to ourselves! It will be heaven!

"That it will be darling, do you have the condoms?"  Jacque and I looked at each other in shock. 

"Yes I do my love drop, ten whole packs." She giggled. I gently set the phone down on the receiver.  

"My god, so she is cheating on him. Oh poor Charlie, he doesn't even know." I cried. 

"What a shame, he doesn't deserve this." Jacque said in agreement. "Maybe you should call him." I nodded and pulled out my phone and gave Charlie a call. 

  He was in tears, it was so very hard to listen to, he wasn't shocked though he knew how the two felt about each other. It was heartbreaking to hear my poor Charlie ball. He said that he was coming home right away. 

   Ture to his word he showed up the next morning to catch Alister and Johanna in bed, naked. I had never heard Charlie shout so much in my life. After much debating, Johanna packed up her things and left with Alister. The next day she filed for divorce.  Poor Charlie was miserable.  

   "Charlie? I have you breakfast her for you!" I called to him as I tapped on his bedroom door. 

"Come in (y/n)."  

"Hello, Charlie how are you feeling today hmm?" I said as I placed the tray down and rubbed his arm up and down. 

"Terrible, I never knew I could hart so badly." He said on the verge of tears as he sat up.

"Shhh its going to be alright, here here, oh my poor Charlie." I cooed as I pulled him into my chest as he cried making my shirt all wet with his tears. "I can't believe she did this to you, I am appalled, she must be insane. Shh Shh its going to be ok dear, I love you so much."  

"Y-you l-love me?" He stammered. 

"Yes, I've loved you since the day I met you, but said nothing because you were married." 

"W-well (y/n), I am not married anymore, so I suppose I can say now that I love you to." 

"You love me? Oh Charlie!" I said as I cupped his face and kissed him. He kissed back, it felt so good to finally have his soft lips on mine, I didn't mind the moustache one bit.