10.| We're Gonna Need a Spotlight

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
    𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TEN.
   [10] . We're Gonna Need a Spotlight.
  【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 TWO
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ɴᴏᴡ ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ɴᴏᴡ ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

THE SEARCH FOR DOCTOR Saltzman was very stressful. Just as the search for Lucas's parents. So the last option was Dorian who they found instantly.

And Dorian was standing right behind the Unicorn.

"Mr. Williams, we need your help." Hope started off as she and Lucas came to a stop behind Dorian. "Doctor Saltzman's been MIA, and this creepy slug came out of my ear."

Lucas grew a little worried when silence filled the air as Dorian turned towards the two. But Lucas's nerves calmed themselves once Dorian brought up a glass jar with an identical slug as the one they found before.

"Did it look like this?"

The couple nodded

"Exactly like that. And my guess is if you found one as well, these things are most likely scattered around campus." Lucas stated.

Dorian nodded in agreement. "This one tried getting into me. I was hoping it was the only one. I think our harmless friend the unicorn brought it onto school grounds to infect all of us."

Lucas sighed. "Well, let's kill this unicorn before it creates more slugs."

And as if on cue, the unicorn snorted and brought in the group's attention before it began to neigh wildly, followed by groaning. After that, the animal fell onto its knees, instantly dead.

"Guess it beat me to it." Lucas huffed

"See?" Hope said nervously. "Harmless."

Lucas rolled his eyes before leading the group to the library where they'd do their research on the creature.

"Okay," Dorian started as he placed a duffel bag on the wooden table. "We have no idea how long the unicorn was infected before it keeled over, so we should figure this out now."

"Okay, so it's obvious that the unicorn was the host of the slug invasion," Lucas explained. "So we're obviously dealing with something else. And possibly worse if there are more students infected."

Dorian nodded. "It hitched a ride in that Trojan horse. And then it moved onto us. So, from what Hope describes, it sounds like it latched onto the prefrontal cortex."

"So I was slug-drunk?" Hope asked in disgust.

Dorian nodded. "Since we have multiple slugs, it must replicate inside the host, and then lie in wait for the opportunity to infect someone else."