30.| It Will All Be Painfully Clear Soon Enough

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
    𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 THIRTY.
   [30] . It Will All Be Painfully Clear Soon Enough.
  【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 ONE
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ, ɪ'ᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ, ɪ'ᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT, Heartbreak, Misery, Pain, whatever you want. The feeling Lucas's heart had been exposed to was unreal. It was a pain he never thought he would experience. It was the kind of love that hurt but felt amazing. Hope Mikaelson was all he thought about. The memories kept hitting him second by second. All he saw was her smile in his dreams, and he would hear her laugh when he woke up.

He remembered sharing memories with her in the library, to her kissing him on the cheek, then to their first real kiss the night at the motel, and lastly the day she helped him overcome the fear of returning back to Los Angeles.

There was no answer to the question everyone had been wondering. Who was Lucas going to pick? Who did the Nephilim love the most? All eyes were on him to do the right thing. But not even he was sure what that was.

But the only thing he could think of was to hide in the library as he researched random subjects. But mostly about Nephilim's and dark magic, especially the prophecy which he remembered once he got his memories back.

"You both know, you two don't have to sit with me, right?" Lucas tells the two boys who were in front of him.

Rafael and Landon insisted on keeping Lucas company as he worked.

"If you're here, I'm here," Landon says

Rafael nodded in agreement.

Lucas huffed. "That's cool, but I'm pretty sure you haven't left me side for 22 hours straight."

"And if a monster were to slip past the girls, who would have been right here to protect you?" Rafael says narrowing his eyes.

"You guys keep forgetting, these monsters can't kill me. You guys are my friends, not my bodyguards." Lucas argued

"I'm whatever I need to be to keep you safe, Cas." Rafael shrugs. "I owe it to you."

Lucas furrowed his brows. "Because of Hope? Raf, you don't owe me anything."

"Just let me owe you this."

Lucas's body stiffened when Josie made her appearance.

"Hi," Josie says softly

Lucas smiled. "Hey, Jo."

"Any chance we can talk?" The Gemini witch questioned.

Lucas glanced at the two best friends in front of him, who quickly left the ex-couple alone.