39.| You Can't Save Them All

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 THIRTY-NINE.
[39] . You Can't Save Them All.
【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 TWO
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ɪ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ɪ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

DORIAN AND LUCAS BOTH made their way through the school to go into the woods where they'd try and find the plant. All that had been going through Lucas's mind was Hope, and if she would be okay in the school. He wasn't fond of the idea of leaving her alone with Kai. But Lucas knew Hope could take the man down any day.

"So, this Joshua dude, we trust him?" Lucas says making conversation.

Dorian nodded. "He seems legit."

"Yeah. Sure, uh this won't take long right? I need to get back to H—" Lucas wasn't able to finish his sentence. Because by then he was knocked out cold.

But within a second Lucas woke up and threw Dorian onto the ground. "What the hell was that for?" the Nephilim hissed.

"I've got a job to do," Dorian responds before kicking the teen off him.

Lucas scoffed. "What are you talking about? What Job?"

"You'll find out," Dorian says

The Nephilim let out a low growl before picking Dorian up by the collar of his shirt and then throwing him to the wall.

"Dorian, I don't have time for these games. What is going on." Lucas hissed

"I'm sorry," Dorian says softly before sticking a syringe into the Nephilim's neck and watching him drop.

With that, the man grabbed Lucas and dragged him out of the school. The walk through the woods was quiet, but after about an hour Lucas woke up. The Nephilim's hands were chained up, and weirdly he wasn't strong enough to break out of them.

"Dorian, stop. You don't have to do this." Lucas said trying to break out his grasp. "Come on! Let go of me. What are you doing? this isn't you."

"I know, but I can't stop," Dorian says as he continued to drag the Nephilim.

Lucas huffed. "Well, then Kai must've compelled you. Wh-what did he say to you? What does he want from you?" he groans.

"I have to take you to the boulder and hold you while they throw the Flaming Sword," Dorian says, as calm as ever. As if it was a normal daily thing.