25.| Since When Do You Speak Japanese?

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
    𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TWENTY-FIVE.
   [25] . Since When Do You Speak Japanese?
  【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 ONE
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

 Since When Do You Speak Japanese?  【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 ONE】    ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ᴡʜᴏ's ᴋᴀᴛᴀɴᴀ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ʜᴇʀᴇ ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

IT WAS AN EARLY Friday morning, The Nephilim and Josie had slept with each other the previous night, like always. Since they didn't see each other much throughout the day, they thought it was good for them to at least start the day with each other and end it with one another.

Lucas spent the first half of his morning at the hospital with Ethan who was still in pain. As much as the Nephilim wanted to heal his brother, there was a limit to what Ethan knows about his brother.

Once the boy was done spending his time with his brother he made his way back to Mystic Falls High where he was instantly attacked by Alaric with questions.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes."

"Where were you last night?"

"With Josie."

"Do you have your Grace still?"

Lucas furrowed his brows before reaching into his pocket and taking out his knife. He then sliced into the palm, and the wound healed extremely quick.

"Yep." Lucas replied popping the 'P.'

"Why are you carrying a knife?" The man questioned

Lucas shrugged. "I've gotta be prepared. What if I magically wake up human."

Alaric sighed. "Sure, anyway, If the monsters are back and still want you, I need you to stay in either my presence or Josie's."

"Ric, come on. I'll be fine."

The man hesitated. "We've worked too hard over summer to let these demons take you back to Hell. I just want to look out for you. Who knows what they can do to trigger you to let out the dark magic you once did." he says taking a seat.

Lucas took a seat across from him. "Trust me, these monsters will not overpower me. I've got everything under control. I haven't had an episode or any random urges."

"It's still good to have lookouts over you," Alaric replied. "Now, I'm going to go to the pep rally. You coming?"

"Yeah, I'll catch up with you later," Lucas replied

The man nodded before making his way out of the room. About thirty minutes later, Lucas walked outside to the parking lot where he found an unconscious Rafael, with Hope, Alaric, and Landon standing above him.

"Do you guys not trust me enough to invite me to meetups?" Lucas says making his presence known

"I thought I told you not to tell him." Hope scolded looking at Landon.

"I didn't." Landon huffed

Lucas rolled his eyes. "Bird boy didn't tell me anything, I came out here to take a walk."

"Dad?"

The four heads quickly turned towards the owner of the voice, realizing Josie was now walking up to them, with a man.

"Who's Katana over here?" Lucas questioned eyeing the man down.

The man began to speak in what Lucas assumed was Japanese as he gave Lucas a look. Lucas understood what the man had been saying.

Lucas scoffed. "Nani kara Watashi mamotte?" (Protect me from what?")

"Since when did you speak Japanese?" Alaric questioned

"Perks of being alivie for like forever," Lucas replied

Alaric hummed. "What did he say?"

"We came to protect the bonsai-headed boy. I uh, I think." Josie answered holding back a laugh.

Josie then glanced at Hope before turning back towards the man. "Kanojo wa koko de nani o shite iru nodesu ka" (What the hell is she doing here?")

Everyone but Lucas gave her a confused look.

Lucas sighed. "That's Japanese for what the hell is she doing here."

Hope slightly rolled her eyes.

"Just because she's supernatural doesn't mean we can trust her." Josie continued, eyeing her father.

Alaric sighed. "Look, I will take all the help I can get. Even from him." the man says pointing at the Japanese man. "So you two, ask him to tell us everything we should know."

"Kurutta-san." Josie motioned to the man

The Man began to speak, and Josie translated the entire time.

"Dropped on his head as a baby. Samurai school to learn discipline. He learned to slay Oni—demons, which is what we're chasing." The witch explained to them.

"Any from Hell that Lucas would know?" Alaric asked

Lucas shook his head. "Father is watching over them all. Whatever this is, isn't known to me."

Kurutta then began to continue explaining his story to the group.

"He was a hero. All the women begged to—" Josie started off. "Kurutta-san, I don't even know that word, but it cannot be relevant." Josie scolded.

"Josie, the point." Alaric reminded

Lucas snorted

Kurutta began to speak once again

"Kurutta spent months tracking down an Oni that possessed people, moving from person to person by touch." Josie translated. "He was just about to kill it when it found its way into the body of a child and escape him yet again. He gave chase and caught the demon. But he could not bring himself to harm an innocent child. So, instead, he made an impossible choice and he took the Oni into himself. But it was then that he realized, unlike everyone else who had been possessed and remember nothing, he was still partly in control of his faculties. He thinks the Oni found it harder to possess his broken mind. In his words, not mine."

Lucas let out a loud yawn, getting a glare from the man.

"Sorry." Lucas sighs

Josie chuckled before continuing her story. "He tried to stab himself with his sword, and the Oni wouldn't let him. So he decided to never touch a person again so that it could never possess angina else. And then, Malivore, an eternity of nothingness—deep psychological torment. He came through an—ana?"

"He's talking about a portal." Lucas sighed before running his hand through his hair. "How do we kill this damn demon?"

"Uh, with his sword," Josie replied. "It's spelled with a special kind of magic, so if we can just find the uh Oni—"

That's when loud banging was heard and in a matter of a second, the door for the trunk of the car was kicked off, by none other than Rafael. Who was now possessed.

Kurutta quickly took out his sword before charging towards Rafael.

"Wait, no!" Lucas huffed before using his telekinesis to throw the sword across the parking lot.

That didn't seem to stop the man, he continued to fight with his hands. But moments later, possessed Rafael threw the man into the school bus. And then Rafael ran back into the school.

The group could only hope he didn't go too far.