45.| We're Not Worthy

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 FORTY-FIVE.
[45] . We're Not Worthy.
【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 TWO
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴀᴄᴋ, ᴍɪᴋᴀᴇʟꜱᴏɴ ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴀᴄᴋ, ᴍɪᴋᴀᴇʟꜱᴏɴ ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

LANDON WAS NOT FOND of the idea of his best friend willing to give up his body to make sure he came back. But Lucas on the other hand just needed Landon to come back so that the magic would finally be free.

"You can't do this," Landon tells his best friend

"It's my sacrifice, Lan. It's the same hero move that you were willing to make." Rafael argues

"That's different."

"How?"

Landon stammers.

"Do it," Rafael tells the monster as he walks towards him.

"Gladly."

"Don't do it," Lucas shouts randomly.

The Necromancer eyes widened in shock

Lucas himself seemed confused and out of it. "W-What is happening?" he whispers to himself.

The group eyed him down, Lucas's eyes went gold for a split second.

"Lucas? Are you okay?"

The Nephilim nodded. "Y-yeah. Just get the spell over with."

The Necromancer hummed before raising his hands, just as he was about to cast the spell, the doorbell rings.

"Saved by the actual bell." Landon sighs in relief

Lucas huffed as he walked towards the door and took ahold of Chad. "What is it, Chase?"

"Chad. My name is Chad." The boy sighs as he walks towards The Necromancer. "Uh, I was, uh, at the crypt, but-but only because I forgot my headphones. I didn't touch any of your stuff or mess with the pit at all."

Lucas narrowed his eyes.

"Well, a-a lady monster came out of it, and she asked for a worthy champion, which means she was looking for Hope."

The boys narrowed their eyes once again.

"I watch you guys in the basin all the time. Hope's so smart and pretty and, you know, always saves the day." Chad says in awe.

"The Tribrid's unavailable at the moment," Lucas informs the boy. "What else did this monster say?"

"Uh, she was in search of a sword? Ah. She sensed it was in a field?"