23.| You Remind Me Of Someone I Use To Know

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TWENTY-THREE.
[23] . You Remind Me Of Someone I Use To Know.
【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 ONE
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ꜱᴛᴀʟʟɪᴏɴ ʙʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ꜱᴛᴀʟʟɪᴏɴ ʙʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

THE ANUAL SALVATORE FOOTBALL game against Mystic Falls High. The one day none of the students looked forward to. Lucas never understood why it was a thing, especially since The Salvatore School was a private school for supernaturals.

Lucas and Hope were both in Alaric's office, hiding as both Alaric and the Sheriff, who seems to have the hots for him, talk. The two adults were talking about some missing student, who Alaric had no clue about.

"Yeah, sorry, I haven't seen him," Alaric says handing the sheriff the picture back. "Like I said, I'm pretty new here."

The Sheriff hummed. "Well, his teammates last saw him at the Old Mill, by the Salvatore School. We found his truck abandoned, and his hunting rifle nearby."

"Okay. Well, I will check with his classmates and his teachers." Alaric responds. "I wish I could be more helpful, but like I said, I'm still getting to know the students. And the sheriff."

The Sheriff furrowed her brows.

"I was friends with the old one," Alaric explained to the woman.

"Please, no more stories about how great Sheriff Donovan was." The Sheriff says with a chuckle. "His shoes are already big enough. And this is my first real case since I moved from the city."

Alaric hummed

"Truthfully, I didn't mind that my biggest concern up to this point was a rash of missing dogs." The Sheriff continued. "Maybe they're connected."

"Maybe." Alaric chuckled out

The Sheriff stood from her seat with a smile on her face. "I'll leave you my phone number. Call me anytime."

With that, the Sheriff was out of the room and closed the door behind her.

"Did you two get all that?" Alaric questions out loud

Both Lucas and Hope come out from their invisibility ability.

Lucas snorted. "Oh yeah, we got the fact that she was definitely trying to get into your pants."

Hope nodded in agreement. "Yeah. She's definitely into you."

"What?" Alaric says with a laugh of disagreement at the two. "No. No, she's just new to town, trying to make friends. Which is exactly what you need to be doing, Hope."

"Yeah, well, tried that last year. Didn't really work out." Hope replies sarcastically.

Lucas furrowed his brows. "What?"

"Nothing." Hope quickly said. "I'm just gonna focus on monster slaying."

Alaric huffed. "Well, it sounds like there could be another monster lurking around the Salvatore School. So I'll check in with Dorian, since he has access to research we don't. Any other ideas?"

Lucas smirked. "Just one. But you're both going to hate it."

And of course, they did. Lucas's brilliant plan was for them to attend the football game. Alaric could coach for Mystic Falls High, while both Hope and Lucas get to play in the game until they get more details about the monster. Except, of course, Lucas was going to have to play with the Stallions.

"What's up, ladies." Lucas smiled as he walks onto the field.

Kaleb chuckled before pulling Lucas into a brotherly hug. "Hey, man. About time you come back."

"Couldn't miss the annual game now," Lucas replied

"Hey, Cas," Landon says walking up to the boy.

Lucas's brows furrowed. "Lan? You're playing in the game?"

Landon tightly smiled. "They think the hero deserves to play QB1." he paused. "So here you go hero."

Lucas instantly caught the ball before throwing it back. "No can do. This is all you, Kirby. You wanted to feel like you belong? Now is your time. Come on, let's practice."

Landon sighed before they all got in position.

"Yellow-80, yellow—" Landon was interrupted when the ball hit him in the chest. "Sorry." he sighed.

Lucas rubbed his temples. "Damn, bird boy you're bad."

"What did I tell you? I'm a total fraud and now the whole school's gonna see it, and—this is a total disaster!" Landon panicked. "You okay QB1"

"No," Lucas replied before scanning the field in search of his girlfriend. "Jo! Come here please."

Josie made her way towards the two boys, she was confused with Lucas's presence. "You're playing for our team?" she asks

Lucas nodded. "Of course, Stallion by heart. Now, do you think you could whip up a spell and get mop head over here to throw perfectly?"

Josie nodded before taking ahold of Landon's hands and siphoning the magic from him.

"Virubus."

"What did you just do?" Landon questioned

Lucas shrugged before throwing him the ball. "Let's find out."

Landon sighed before taking ahold of the ball and throwing it up in the air, perfectly, and hitting a school bus.

"Damn," Lucas whispered before roughly smacking Landon on the back. "That's my QB."

From the corner of his eyes, he was the students of Mystic Falls High walk out of the bus. The first person he made eye contact with happened to be Hope. The two held a stare until Josie spoke up.

"Do you know that girl,"

Lucas shook his head. "Not really. But she helps fight monsters."

"Playing for the enemies I see," Ethan said walking over to his brother.

"I just wanted a chance to beat your ass like old times," Lucas smirked

Ethan snorted. "Alright, brother. We'll see about that."

With that everyone got in their positions, ready to begin the game.

"Let us begin our annual rite of American excess." A man says. "But unlike last year, I expect no unseemly violence, only for each team to play to the fullest extent of their abilities. Understood."

"Just start, old man." Lucas huffed

Landon snorted

The man rolled his eyes. "Timberwolves of Mystic Falls, you may, as I believe they say, call it in the air."

With that, the man flicked a coin into the air.

"Heads," Maya called out

Lucas's eyes landed on the coin once it fell. "Tails never fails."

"We'll take the ball," Josie adds

"So it begins. Uh, shake hands."

"You're going down, big bro," Maya smirks

Lucas chuckled. "I'll hold you on that."

The Nephilim shook his sister's hand and then went onto Hope. Hope seemed to have held onto his hand longer until Lucas pulled away.

With that, they got into their positions and got ready for the game.