41.| There's a Place Where The Lost Things Go

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
    𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 FORTY-ONE.
   [41] . There's a Place Where The Lost Things Go.
  【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 TWO
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ᴅᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ᴅᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

AS SOON AS MILTON left the couple went back to discussing their things. The entire time Lucas had been distracted, but luckily it was now time to close up. Lucas claimed he'd be waiting out back but when Hope went to go look for him, instead he had followed the Saltzman Twins to Lizzie movie directing.

"And cut!" Bob shouted

Lucas turned towards Josie as her sister spoke to the man. "Find it funny how you follow her like a lost puppy."

Josie jumped slightly startled. "Lucas—you're here early."

"Of course, just finished working," Lucas replied before snatching Lizzie's jacket from Josie's hand and throwing it at Lizzie who had walked towards them. "You have arms, why don't you put it on yourself."

"Ugh. You're back." Lizzie groans

"It's nice to see you too, Elizabeth," Lucas smirked.

"This horror-flic is trash," Lizzie huffed before walking away, the two followed behind. "I get murdered by a merman. A merman! Honestly, no one gonna watch this crap." she paused before running into someone. "Ooh. Out of my way, you trollops. Where is my flask."

Lucas's eyes trailed behind Lizzie. "Never mind that, the photographic creep is back."

The photographer known as Rafael had now had his camera faced at Lizzie.

"How do I look?" Lizzie said adjusting herself.

"Doesn't matter, 'cause these photos are never seeing the light of day." Lucas shrugs before walking off to the man scaring him off.

By the time James was done his eyes wandered around the building in search of Lizzie and Josie. As soon as his eyes landed on then he walked back to the two.

"I found out who that photographer works for—what are you doing here, Detective?" Lucas said narrowing his eyes at the man.

Milton's brows furrowed. "Your wife had been looking for you. Now I see where you've wandered off."

"Why don't you leave, Milton," Lucas says with an aggressive tone.

The Detective hummed before walking away leaving the three alone. But Lucas was quick to follow behind. Once they were outside Lucas roughly pinned Milton to the wall.

"Detective, I don't appreciate how you seem to be everywhere I am. First, you harass my wife and me with an awful amount of questions. Then you were with on the way to the singer who happened to be the same time she died. Instead of keeping an eye out on me—why don't you focus on yourself? 'Cause trust me, I ain't no killer."

Lucas' unamused face was washed off with a tight smile. "Now have a good day, Detective," he says before fixing the man's suit and walking away.

Milton's eyes lingered on Lucas as he walked away. The confusion grew, second by second. Luckily the man had now been out of sight. He had now been with Hope.

"Hope, we need to leave, like now," Lucas says packing her bags.

Before Hope could even argue there was a loud banging on the door.

"We're closed!"

"Hope Andrea Mikaelson! And Lucas God damn Morningstar! Open this door." A voice shouted from outside.

Lucas' brows furrowed, he quickly walked to the door and opened it up revealing Lizzie.

"What are you doing here?"

"Let me in, you bitch!"

Lucas hummed before closing the door shut and locking Lizzie out of the room.

"Are you ready, love?"

Hope nodded. "Let's go."

The two ran towards the Ally where they'd be catching their bus. As they were talking Hope could tell Lucas had been hiding something.

"What's going on?" Hope says stopping in her place and grabbing Lucas's arms. "Why are we even leaving?"

"Hope let's go—"

Lucas was interrupted when he heard shouting coming from the Ally. Hope's worried eyes fell on Josie who had a gun. And Lucas knew Hope was about to do.

"Hope! No, stay!" Lucas shouts as he tries to grab her arm before she could run away.

But he didn't get to her on time, Hope ran towards Josie and took the gun that had been in her hand. And completely shooting her.

"Josie," Lucas whispered

Once he looked up Hope and Lizzie had now been gone. His eyes fell on a sign that seemed to have a bad battery since the lights blinked on and off.

"Love," Lucas whispered, and with that, he was now back into the real world gasping for air. "Holy, shit."

"Oh, good. You're okay." Emma sighed in relief

Hope ran towards Lucas and pulled him into a hug.

Once they pulled away, Lucas's eyes fell on Josie's unconscious body. "What are you guys going to do with her?"

"What we need to do," Emma says.

The group carried Josie away to the cells, leaving behind Lucas who claimed he was tired. They had been in the cells waiting for Josie to wake up for about an hour.

But luckily she had woken up. "Looks like the gangs all here—except one," Josie says sitting up from the bed. "Why am I locked up, exactly?"

Alaric took a deep breath in. "Well, you've been through a lot. How are you feeling?"

"Never better," Josie says smiling as she crosses her arms over her chest. "I think the therapy was really good for me."

The group all glanced at each other with horror.

Lizzie frowned. "You're full of black magic. I was too selfish to see it before, but I can feel it. This isn't you, Jo." she says facing her sister.

Josie had a sinister look on her face as her eyes went black. "It is now. So get used to it." she paused before snapping her fingers, causing her clothes to change to all black. " 'Cause this look is here to stay. But I'm not the one you should worry about."

Hope shook her head. "Josie it's okay. I'm just gonna put you back to sleep."

"Oh, now that won't be necessary," Lucas says making an appearance, right before he lifts his hands and sends a telepathic force of energy hitting Hope and knocking her out.

"What are you doing?" Alaric questioned in worry

Josie smirked. "Like I said, I'm not the one you should be worried about."

The Nephilim chuckled. "Bet you didn't see that coming."

With that, he snapped his fingers causing the entire group to fall unconscious. He then broke Josie out of the cell. And the two walked out of the school as if nothing.

And the students watched, not knowing Hell was about to hit them, soon.