55.| The Red Door

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 FIFTY-FIVE.
[55] . The Red Door.
𝐏𝐀𝐑T TWO
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

FIVE HOURS HAVE PASSED, Josie and Lucas had still been looking for the exact moment that he fell in love with her. They've knocked out almost every memory yet nothing seemed right to him. And it was stressful because they were running out of time to bring Lucas back.

"You pick this time," Lucas huffs.

And so she did.

MEMORY STARTS.

Past Lucas was seated outside, drowning his pain in a bottle of wine, which was taken out of his grasp by Penelope.

"Mm. This is not bad." Past Penelope says taking a sip from the bottle and handing it back.

Lucas hummed in response.

"What's got you out here?" Penelope asks

"Hope Mikaelson and my very confused brain," Lucas admits

Penelope scoffed. "I'm not sure that's your only problem."

"What are you talking about?"

"I know you have or had feelings for Josie," Penelope says. "And I know you still do."

"W-what?"

"I saw the way you looked at her the night of the talent show. And how you cared for her when we were slug drunk." The witch admits. "I also know that she's hesitant with me because she gained feeling for you as well."

Lucas sighed. "Penelope, I'm—"

"Don't be sorry." Penelope chuckled taking a sip out of the bottle. "I know you're a good man. Well except for wanting to kill Hope. But other than that, I know that you're good. But I also know that you're going to have to choose who it is you want."

"I know," Lucas says. "But it's hard. Josie knows about everything, what I've done, who I was, and she accepts me. But then with Hope, there are times I can tell she's scared to be around me."

"I know your decision will be right, Luc. You've got to get your shit together though." Penelope says. "Promise me that no matter who you choose, you will take care of Jo."

Lucas nodded. "I will, I promise."

MEMORY COMES TO AN END.

With that, they disappeared once again and Lucas closed the door, walking back into the hall.