61.| You Can't Run From Who You Are

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
    𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 SIXTY-ONE.
   [61]. You Can't Run From Who You Are.
  【 𝐏𝐀𝐑T ONE
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ꜱᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴄᴋʏ ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴀᴜᴛᴏᴍᴀᴛɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ᴅɪᴇ

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ꜱᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴄᴋʏ ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ
ᴀʟʟ ᴀᴜᴛᴏᴍᴀᴛɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ᴅɪᴇ. ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

THE WHOLE WORLD KNEW Lucas Morningstar. They knew his first thoughts, they can read him like a book. They knew when he was upset or when he wasn't himself. They knew when he had been lying or acting differently. Or at least, that's what Lucas made them believe. One thing about Lucas was that it was incredibly easy to fool people. And another thing about him was that he never gives up on a mission he was sent to do.

Never.

The Nephilim was stuck on Cleo duty with the rest of the Super Squad. Something he hadn't been looking forward to... at all.

"Focus on your breathing... relax. Just... let the inspiration flow out of you."

The group was spread out around Cleo who had been in a circle. They were trying to get her to meditate the "inspiration" out of her so she could help with the Malivore monsters.

Cleo opens one of her eyes, then both. "Did it work?"

Hope sighs. "I don't want to speak for the rest of the group... but I feel the exact same. So..."

"Well, that was a waste of time." Lucas sighs.

Landon mirrors the sigh and walks over to the chalkboard, crossing number nine off the list which read out meditation.

"Good thing it's a big board."

Lucas hums. "So, what's next? Because I was kinda thinking we drop this since our unlucky charm Cleo over here isn't much of help."

"Be nice." Hope huffs.

"Just saying the truth."

Cleo rolls her eyes. "Although I hate agreeing with the rude man. But he is right. We should stop, this is not working."

"You two need to stop being so negative." Hope scolds both Cleo and Lucas. "When we find a way to activate your powers—"

"—If."

"When— you'll inspire us to have something we've never had  in our fight against Malivore." Hope interrupts.

Cleo's brows furrow.

"An advantage."

Alaric smiles as he stands. "That's the spirit. Now, what's next?"

Both Lucas and Landon glance at one another before turning to face the board. "Mind Meld." they both say in unison.