65.| I Was Made to Love You

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
    𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 SIXTY-FIVE.
   [65]. I Was Made to Love You.
𝐏𝐀𝐑T ONE; FINALE]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

gif not available.

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇꜱꜱ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ʜᴇʀᴇ
ʟɪꜰᴛꜱ ᴛᴏᴏ. ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

IT WAS ABOUT 3 in the morning. Lucas couldn't sleep. So the Nephilim snuck out of bed and made his way back to the gym where he heard both Jed and Landon. The Nephilim walks in and sees Landon who had been lifting weights. Lucas narrows his eyes as he watches Landon oddly lift hundreds of pounds.

"Come on Landon, imagine you're having a baby," Jed says.

"A baby?" Landon groans as he struggles to lift the weights.

Lucas smirks. "Come on, Kirby. Lift the damn weight."

"Ahhh! Yes!" Landon shouts, he sets the weights down on the pole. "Yes! Let's go!"

"Holy shit!?" Lucas laughs, as he high-fives the boy.

The trio cheers in excitement like a bunch of frat boys.

"I know this isn't what I expected..." Hope starts off, her arms crossed over her chest. "But this is totally unexpected."

Lucas laughs. "Yeah tell me about it. Sorry, I left early, I haven't been sleeping well since the whole red door shit."

"Yeah... why didn't you tell me?" Hope softly questions.

"Because I found a perfectly fine coping mechanism with Jed—" Lucas shrugs before looking at Landon with a smirk. "And now princess over here lifts too. And I kind of didn't want you to worry like you're doing now."

Hope's smiles faded a bit. "I'm fine with it. I just thought— actually it doesn't matter what I thought I'm just happy you're not doing what I assumed."

Lucas's brows furrow, he nods. "Okay? Well, I was about to go on a run. Do you want to join?"

Hope shakes her head. "No... I'm going to just head back to bed."

"I'll join." Jed chirps with excitement.

"Me too." Landon shrugs.

Lucas glances at Hope who nods. "Okay boys, let's go." he kisses Hope on the cheek. "I love you, I'll be back in a few."

And so the trio left the room. They ran a few miles which lasted about an hour and a half. Eventually, morning came. Lucas was showered and in the kitchen with Hope who made him a sandwich.

"I was starving but you really didn't have to," Lucas says as he takes a bite out of his sandwich.

"Oh I did— you know with all the calories you've been burning." Hope shrugs. "Which speaking of, do you have any idea how much weight Landon lifted?"

Lucas shakes his head. "Nope."

"300 pounds, Lucas."

Lucas chokes on his food in shock. "Holy shit. Are you serious? That's amazing."

Hope narrows her eyes, a forced smile falls on her lips. "That doesn't strike you as odd? I mean he's human. And not only that, but for someone who just lost his human side— you seem pretty... normal."

"Look, Hope. I wish I had a good explanation on all this but, maybe Landon's cardio has been getting better." Lucas's brows furrow. "Like I said, things have been weird since I came back from the whole evil phase so—"

"Yeah, and I wanted you back so bad that I didn't notice any differences," Hope says, she begins to walk closer to the Nephilim. "Wade once again was the one who noticed you and Landon who had been acting weird. Wade has this crazy theory you've changed."

Lucas snorts. "Wade doesn't know me like you do."

"I should hope not."

"Come on Hope. Stop stressing it." Lucas sighs. "I am fine."

Hope looks up. "Yeah— but you shouldn't be. You should be throwing up right now. Lucas is disgusted by mayo and that sandwich you've been eating... it's all mayo."

Lucas glances at the sandwich with a confused expression.

"See? The Lucas I remember would be throwing up. His throat would be closing up." Hope begins to explain. "You'd be running to the nearest bathroom holding onto your stomach dramatically. I even brought you sparkling water since it helps, but by the looks of it you won't be needing it since you're clearly not Lucas."

Lucas awkwardly laughs. "Let me explain—"

"Ad Somnum."

Lucas fell onto the ground unconsciously. Where he later woke up in the old mill. He groans while holding onto his hand, he looks up and sees Landon had been in the room with him.

"Why the hell are you here?"

Landon shrugs. "Hope just fed me and then knocked me out and here I am."

"Good, you're both awake," Hope says, she walks towards the two with Cleo behind her.

Lucas rolls his eyes. "There's nothing good about what you just did to us."

"Relax it was just a sleep spell."

"I see you brought a friend." Lucas huffs as he eyes down Cleo.

Cleo sighs. "I'm only here to help."

Landon huffs. "I'm guessing we're not going to like what's in the bag, will we?"

"We need to run some tests on you both," Hope announces. "Cooperation would be appreciated, but it isn't required."

Landon rolls his eyes. "Okay, well I would appreciate it if you two would get out of my way," he says as he tries walking out of the building he was stopped by a boundary spell. "Why am I always getting spelled into places!?"

"This is different, I usually only do it to protect you and Lucas from Malivore monsters not because you are one." Hope snarks.

Lucas glances at Landon with a questioning look. "I don't understand?"

"You can't be serious." Landon laughs. "I'm not a monster. I'm Landon— his Landon!" he says as he points at Lucas. "The Landon you all hated at first and that writes dumb songs. His brother Landon!"

Cleo shakes her head. "Hope, I believe him. You just imprisoned him and your boyfriend and that feels pretty wr—"

"Like I said, you don't know them." Hope interrupts with a cold look. "And I don't know why that barrier stopped him considering it only works on supernatural creatures."

This time, Lucas stands to his feet. "What the hell?"

"She's lying."

Lucas walks towards the barrier spell and places his finger on it which shocks him. "You aren't Landon."

"I'm Landon."

"No, you're not."

This wasn't part of the plan.

Landon sighs. "I'll prove it! Go ahead Hope test away."

Hope reached into her bag and pulls out a syringe, she throws it at Lucas. "Both of you use it." she throws another one.

Lucas rolls his eyes, he sticks the needle into his arm and his grace comes out. "See? Still me."

Hope hesitates but undoes the spell and allows Lucas to get out. She quickly puts the spell back up and now the attention was on Landon.

"Do it."

Landon sighs, he sticks the needle into his arm. But what comes out of it is shocking. It was black— it was mud.

"What is that?"

"It's Malivore mud," Lucas says with wide eyes. "He isn't Landon," he says as he looks over at Cleo.

Okay, maybe things don't go according to plan.