42.| Life Was So Much Easier When I Only Cared About Myself

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 FORTY-TWO.
[42] . Life Was So Much Easier When I Only Cared About Myself.
【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 ONE
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ɪꜱ ꜱʜᴇ ᴡɪɴɴɪɴɢ? ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ɪꜱ ꜱʜᴇ ᴡɪɴɴɪɴɢ? ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

THE SCHOOL HAD BEEN worried sick about Josie and Lucas who had been gone for a couple of days. But little did they know the two were about to make their grand special appearance.

Lucas waved his hands and burst the door down with his telekinesis. "Hello, we're home. Did you miss us?"

Hope's breath hitched when her eyes fell on Lucas who hadn't looked like himself anymore.

It wasn't a matter of time until Josie walked up behind as well with a smirk. The two walked down the stairs, completely ignoring the shocked faces.

"Oh, guys. Don't look so shocked. Did you think that I would miss my birthday?" Josie says eyeing her father before turning towards Lizzie and pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Oh, I'm sorry, our birthday. So! What did we miss?"

The group gave the two a weird look. Hope was quick to grab Lucas and pull him to the side.

"Lucas, what are you doing?"

The Nephilim brows furrowed. "Oh, come on, Hope. You knew the magic was bound to take over the second I got near Josie."

"This isn't you."

"This has always been me. But trust me, I'd be more focused on saving Josie." Lucas says as he pointed over at Josie who was now siphoning MG dead. But luckily Kaleb got there on time to save him. "Guess this is one of those times you have to choose between me and Josie again," he says before walking away.

Lucas made his way towards the Gym where he was helping Josie set up for her big birthday reveal. As they worked he noticed Lizzie and Hope talking.

"I don't want her to hear we're up to anything," Hope says.

Lucas furrowed his brows. "Up to what, exactly?"

Both Hope and Lizzie jumped up startled.

"Come on, guys, this is all so unnecessary. This sneaky thing will only make things worse for you two." Lucas continued. "If you have a question, ask away."

"Then I will. Where's Josie? More importantly, why are you playing for both sides?" Hope questions.

Lucas sighed. "Josie is right there setting up. And secondly, I'm not fully—you know crazy because my weakest side—aka loving you—is trying to fight its way through. Which explains why I hadn't killed you in those cells."