43.| Facing Darkness is Kinda My Thing

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
    𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 FORTY-THREE.
   [43] . Facing Darkness is Kinda My Thing.
  【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 ONE
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ʙʀᴏᴏᴋʟʏɴ ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ʙʀᴏᴏᴋʟʏɴ ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

THE NEPHILIM HAD WOKEN up back in the Salvatore crypt/tomb, right by the Malivore Pit. Lucas had felt completely back to normal, but more energetic than ever. Once he was on his feet his eyes landed on The Necromancer.

"What the hell did you do!?" Lucas shouts throwing the man onto the wall.

"I got rid of your other weakness! The Phoenix is now no longer a problem." The Necromancer smirks

Lucas's eyes furrowed. "What do you mean he's no longer a problem?"

"He's dead."

The Nephilim's eyes widened. "You killed Landon?"

"Yes—wait!" The Necromancer shouts backing up and pointing his finger. "Before you kick my ass, do you feel that built-up anger? Imagine all the damage you could do with that. The Tribrid would finally let you be, and you'd be able to be powerful and ruthless."

"You know that's not possible."

"Why not?" Josie huffed

"Because, Josette, I need your power." The Nephilim snarks. "Including Lizzie's."

"So what's your plan?" Alyssa questioned

"My plan?" Lucas says as he glanced at Josie. "I'm going to kill you."

With that, the Nephilim took ahold of Josie by the neck. "This just brings me everything I want. The school will hate me, I get my power. Everything will be set." he says gripping her tighter.

Josie snapped her fingers and sent him across the room. "You'd also be setting yourself up for the school's most wanted man. Now, why don't you go act like you're grieving over Landon and win the school back over?"

Lucas huffed. "I have a better idea. But it'll take some time."

"We don't have time."

"No. You don't have time. I do." Lucas smiles as he walks out of the room. "I am going to kill the students of the Salvatore School. Starting off Hope Mikaelson."

"You think you're capable of doing that?"

"He should be, he was willing to let Josie kill her at the fight." Alyssa shrugs.

Lucas smirked. "I like you. You have faith in me. Now you three stay out of my way. Do you understand?"

The Necromancer tightly smiled. "Oh, don't worry. They will."

With that Lucas walked out of the room. He made his way back to the school where they were now holding a funeral for Lizzie. It all seemed off, he was sure that Lizzie was still alive. But that didn't seem to stop him from what he was about to do.

Hours passed by and the Nephilim had been waiting for his cue. He needed the halls to clear out, and once they did. That's when he was going to make his way to Hope's unconscious body and end her once and for all.

But that's when the school's alarm went off.

"Lucas, stop," Alaric said softly.

The Nephilim turned around slowly and noticed all the students who had been around him. "What is this?" he asks.

"The Necromancer told us about your plan. I can't let you kill Hope." Alaric says. "Not only is it wrong. But you'll hate yourself for it."

Lucas scoffed before walking away.

That's when Alaric shot an arrow into Lucas's back.

"I'm warning you."

The Nephilim eyes glowed gold and his veins appeared throughout his neck. "And I'm wanting you to tell me where Hope is."

"Can't let you do that. Witches, chain him down."

With that, the witches used their powers to quickly lift up the chains in an attempt to wrap them around Lucas. But the Nephilim was quicker, he raised his hands and used his telekinesis to send the witches flying across the room. That's when Kaleb tried to take Lucas down, but Lucas picked Kaleb up by the neck and snapped his neck.

"Who's next?" Lucas smirked.

The wolves all charged at Lucas. Some in human form and the others in full wolf form. One of the wolves bit Lucas on the next causing him to yell out in pain. Lucas growled and in anger ripped off the wolf's head.

And from there the entire school charged at him, and within seconds most of them had been dead or unconscious. By now, the Nephilim had blood on his hands and face.

"Lucas, stop! This isn't you." Josie shouts running into the room.

Lucas snorted. "I see you're back to normal. Josette, how could you possibly know me when you don't even know yourself?"

"Because I did this to you. I remember, I-I spelled you to be this way." Josie admitted

The Nephilim tilted his head in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"I'll explain it all if you just stop," Josie says as she slowly walked towards him. "Please, calm down. Let us take you to the cells."

"Josie stay away," Alaric warned

But, by now she was fully in front of Lucas.

Lucas's golden eyes disappeared for a moment but he quickly regained his posture. He then grabbed Josie and held her tightly by the neck. "Where is she!?"

Josie was now barely able to breathe,

"Lucas let go of her!" Alaric shouted.

But the Nephilim didn't listen, he was completely power-hungry. No longer himself. Just as the witch was running out of breath, Lucas was swept off his feet, and pinned to the ground.

"Hey, buddy."

"Brooklyn," Lucas growled.

"This is going to hurt," Brooklyn says softly before injecting a syringe into Lucas's neck. She watched as his head dropped onto the floor and his breathing relaxed.

"Help me take him to the cells." Brooklyn orders

Alaric nodded before dragging Lucas's body to the cells. Once he was inside, Brooklyn took the same syringe out of her pocket and began to extract the grace from the Nephilim.

"What are you doing?" Alaric questions

"Saving your asses. The only way you get Lucas back is having him back to human form." Brooklyn says as she continued to extract the Grace.

Alaric furrowed his brows. "Is this safe?"

"I'm not sure."

But before Alaric had a chance to stop her, the Grace was now fully extracted.

He then brought one of the witches in and got them to take the remaining dark magic out of him.