22.| This Year Will Be Different

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TWENTY-TWO.
[22] . This Year Will Be Different.
【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 TWO
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

SILENCE WAS ALL THAT was heard in the room after Maya made her appearance. Alaric didn't really care much about the fact that she knew Lucas was a Nephilim. But Maya didn't know about witches, werewolves, vampires, or any other supernatural creature. And they decided to keep it like that.

Alaric huffed. "You're gonna have to—you know."

Lucas sighed. "I know."

With that the boy called MG, they were in need of his compulsion. Once the boy came to school they sent Maya out once she forgot everything that happened.

"See you, Milton," Lucas says waving the vamp goodbye.

"Thank you for coming," Alaric added

MG nodded. "Of course, you'll always be my headmaster. And bye, Lucas.—" he was about to walk out but he stopped in his place. "Oh—uh Josie wanted to know if you two were still—"

"Yeah! you can go now." Lucas said with a tight smile

Alaric glanced at Lucas. "Do I even want to know?"

Lucas shrugged

Hope cleared her throat. "So uh, why aren't you headmaster at that other school anymore."

Alaric awkwardly chuckles. "It's a uh, long story."

"Oh, ok, uh. I'll be back once school lets out so we can clean up what's probably a dead troll." Hope says

"You're really not fazed by any of this, are you?" The man said impressed

Hope hesitated. "I-I mean, I-I just think the story that you both told me, about the monsters and the scary black pit, just makes a lot of sense I guess." she paused before looking down. "Um, look. I'm really glad to hear that it stopped and stopped coming after you Lucas. I'm really sorry that it's happening again."

Lucas half-smiled. "It's not your fault. Uh, but I've got to head out to uh—Josie and check up on Raf and Landon. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Stay safe," Alaric said

Lucas nodded before making his way out the door and out the school. He began his drive towards the Salvatore school. He had a weird feeling about Hope, he felt like he knew her. He had such a weird feeling when Hope was around, and it seemed very much familiar.

Once the boy stepped foot into the school, his eyes landed on Josie. Just as he was about to walk up towards her Landon got in his way.

"Oh my, god. You have no clue how happy I am to see you." Landon said with a huge smile of relief