40.| There's a Place Where The Lost Things Go

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 FORTY.
[40] . There's a Place Where The Lost Things Go.
【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 ONE
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ꜱᴏ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴀᴍᴇ? ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ꜱᴏ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴀᴍᴇ? ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

LUCAS HAD BEEN COMPLETELY off for the past few days. Ever since the dark magic transferred into him he's had these random moments where he'd lash out at people. But weirdly it was everyone but Hope. He seemed to have controlled himself when she was around, but once she was gone. Hell was let loose.

Morning came, and Emma decided to call in half of the super squad for who knows what.

"As supernaturals, we all carry a burden." Emma starts off. "Our eyes are open to evil. And recently you've had to face it. Some of us process these traumas by suppressing what happened. For others, it's easier to bury it deep inside and pretend as nothing happened at all. Still, others may take a different route, such as—"

"Oh, I know, Pushing people away in an attempt to self-isolate?" Hope says glancing at Lucas

Lucas sighed.

The couple had been very distant lately, but Lucas was to blame for that. He was afraid he would lash out on her, or worse—he was afraid he would hurt her.

Emma sighed as well. "This is why Dr. Saltzman has asked me to conduct a special group lesson today."

Lucas and MG's heads both shot up, they were quick to shake their heads rapidly.

While everyone else in the group sighed or groaned.

Lizzie glanced at them all with a disappointed face on. "I, for one, could really use this, and I would appreciate everyone's support."

"Honestly, I don't know why I'm here, but I'm down to help." MG he says smiling at the group.

Lucas huffed. "Not sure why I'm here either, I could quite literally be doing anything but this right now."

"Because, Lucas, you will all have an important role to play in this simulation," Emma informs the group who seemed uninterested. "Oh, stop looking at me like that. It'll be fun."

"I've never met a witch who with an actual sense of fun." Lucas shrugs before standing from his seat, going to walk out the door. "I'm out."

Just as Lucas was about to walk out Emma used a spell to trap the Nephilim into his seat.

Lucas bitterly laughed. "Ha Ha Ha. Very funny. God, I despise witches." he whispers.

Emma rolled her eyes before taking a sheet off an object revealing an old-looking box.

"This device was created by Professor Rupert Vardemus," Emma says

"Ew."

"Oh great."

"The real Professor Vardemus." Emma chuckles correcting herself. "He's quite famous in mystical therapeutic circles. It's his variation on a Chambre de Chasse. All your psychological concerns will be transferred inside to form a shared narrative. Now, the world you create together can be anything, from pirates on the high seas to spies in the Cold war. But no matter what it ends up looking like, it will be designed specifically to help you. Out here, you're unconscious. You'll have no awareness that you're in a simulation."

"So, it's like a game?" MG questions

Emma nodded

"Uh, how do I win?" Lizzie asked with furrowed brows.

"Simply reach at the end of your story and you'll be given an escape word," Emma explained with a smile. "Say it aloud and you'll become self-aware again, then wake up here, having discovered something valuable in the process. Any questions?"

Lucas nodded. "Uh, yeah. Who the hell is Daphne doing here?"

All eyes fell on Jade who now walked into the room. Lucas seemed to have noticed the way Josie looked at her which caused a small smirk to appear on his lips.

"Hi. Uh, sorry I'm late." Jade says softly. "Uh, weird dreams."

"You're just in time, Jade." Emma pauses as she waits for Jade to take a seat. Once she did, the woman continued speaking. "Don't worry. what we're about to do here is merely a simulation. And I'll be in it as well, and self-aware the whole time. I promise to keep a careful eye on all of you."

"Alright, Ladies. It's nap time." Lucas smirks before shutting his eyes.

————————- Simulation. ————————
Lucas's POV- It was a very cold night, I was with my wife who was currently working at our diner. I told her I'll be waiting for her until she gets off work. Things have been weird around town people have gone missing, robberies, to make things even worse, there was plenty of murders. No one was sure Who had been in charge of all these bad things. but on the bright side, there's a place where the lost things go, and that happened to be HAL's, Aka the diner.

The music was loud but calm. Everyone was at a table having drinks and chatting. Hope and Lucas had been arguing as normal married couples did now n' days. But when Milton walked through the door, Lucas's mood completely changed. Because he knew something else had happened.

"Are you listening to me?" Hope huffed as she dried off the cups. "I'm closing early."

Lucas hummed. "That's fine. I don't care, we just need to get you home."

"What are you so afraid of? That little vigilante going out and killing people?" Hope chuckled.

"Trust me, he's the least of my worries," Lucas says with a small smile.

The man's smile faded when his eyes fell on Milton who had been checking out one of the girls.

"Hey, man. This ain't a peep show." Lucas says with a glare.

"Can you blame me?" Milton says in awe. "Elizabeth Saltzman's a start. I've seen all of her movies."

Hope sighed. "Who? I'm bad with faces."

"I'm hoping that's not the case," Milton says before reaching into his pocket. "I'm looking for my boss, the best P.I. this towns ever known."

"Like the lady said, she's bad with faces. Now run along." Lucas says before placing his cigar between his lips.

Milton rolled his eyes. "He's in danger, Miss Mikaelson, and Mister Morningstar."

Hope stilled. "How do you know who we are?"

"The same way I know your liquor license is expired." Milton shrugs. "So, let's help each other out."

Hope glanced at Lucas who sighed. The man took the cigar out of his mouth and placed it on the table.

"He looks like the kind of guy who comes here for the music," Lucas informed. "If I were you, I'd ask the dame who sings, because I don't. Now, if you'll excuse us, my wife and I were talking."

Milton nodded before standing from his seat and walking away. He found Lucas suspicious, but he couldn't figure out what it was.