29.| That's Nothing I Had to Remeber

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TWENTY-NINE.
[29] . That's Nothing I Had to Remember
【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 TWO
━━━━━━━━━━━━

 That's Nothing I Had to Remember  【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 TWO】    ━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ᴊᴏꜱɪᴇ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

AFTER STANDING IN TOTAL shock for less than a minute, Lucas took ahold of a knife and ran towards the two. He then cut down in the middle of the arm of the monster and pulled the witch as they started to run away.

"I thought the candle was supposed to keep the monsters out." Lucas huffed once they were in a locked room.

"Me, too. It was supposed to keep them from getting to you." Lizzie panted out

"Lizzie, it didn't go after me," Lucas replied with narrowed eyes. "It's after you."

The monster began to thud on the door loudly, nearly breaking through. Lucas tried to block the door with his body, since he was the only one in the room he couldn't exactly be easily killed.

Unexpectedly the Nephilim gasped and his eyes turned a light gold.

"Uh, W-what's wrong?" Lizzie stutters out worriedly

The Nephilim's eyes were still gold, and he seemed zoned out. That's when he began to remember the Croatoan and the history behind it.

"Lizzie, what the hell are you hiding?" Lucas exclaimed as he was snapped back to reality.

"W-what are you talking about?" Lizzie said nervously.

"The Croatoan only hunts those who keep secrets. I remember I was there." Lucas explained. "An old witch friend created the monster, and then put my friend in a deep slumber and hid the location from me—That's not the point. What are you hiding?"

Before Lizzie had a chance to come up with some excuse the phone began to ring. The witch answered the phone and was instantly hit with the same news Lucas informed him about.

"Lucas already knows about this! He told me. Do you have anything more useful?" Lizzie says interrupting the Vamp. "How do we kill it?"

"That's working progress."

"Work faster. The damn thing waltzed through my barrier like it was." Lizzie paused before noticing the situation. "Immune—Because only the witch who summoned it can destroy it."

"That's a problem because Cassandra has been dead for over 500 years!" Lucas huffs

That's when the Croatoan broke down the door causing Lucas to fall onto the floor. The Nephilim was stunned but quickly stood up and dragged Lizzie to another room, but not before grabbing the candle.