58.| All's Well That Ends Well

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
    𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 FIFTY-EIGHT.
   [58]. All's Well That Ends Well.
  【 𝐏𝐀𝐑T ONE
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ᴀʜ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴄᴜᴛᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ᴀʜ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴄᴜᴛᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ. ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

A DAY OR SO has passed by since Lucas and Ethan had their brother time. They've been hanging out a lot since then— they've also helped stop robberies and other criminal stuff. The two got extremely close as they were when they were kids, and Lucas has never felt happier before. Things were finally starting to feel normal.

But of course that all comes to an end when Lizzie Saltzman decides to make an appearance.

"What do you want, Elizabeth?" Lucas groans.

"Things are going bad at school. Hope misses you and the Muppet isn't much of help." Lizzie responds.

Lucas leans on his locker and shrugs. "That school is no longer my problem."

"Just come back, everyone misses you." Lizzie huffs.

Lucas hums and he eyes Lizzie. "Well... do you miss me, Elizabeth?"

Lizzie inhales deeply. "Stay in your lane, boy king. I'm not interested."

"You definitely were two years ago," Lucas snorts.

"That was until I got to know you for who you really are." Lizzie snarks, she makes a disgusted face. "I just want to know what Hope and Josie see in you."

Lucas shrugs. "Whatever you saw in me— or did you just see sex?"

"Lucas!" Lizzie scolds in annoyance. "Never mind you can stay here—"

"Lizzie, what are you doing here?" Josie questions, walking towards the two.

"You forgot your sweater, you might need it after the ice-cold way you violated girl code." Lizzie huffs, looking away from Lucas.

Both Josie and Lucas roll their eyes. "Oh, here we go with this."

"You two obviously like each other and you're being completely selfish for not telling me." Lizzie huffs, she follows behind the two. "And you're also hurting Hope but that doesn't really matter."

Josie sighs. "Don't make things weird, things finally just got unweird."

Lucas nods in agreement. "Jo and I have everything under control. We're just taking things slow—"

"Oh please, you guys need my help it's clearly obvious." Lizzie scoffs

Lucas tightly smiles at Lizzie before wrapping his arms around Josie. "Did you hear that? Was that the bell? I think that was the bell."