56.| Do All Malivore Monsters Provide This Level of Emotional Insight?

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
    𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 FIFTY-SIX.
   [56] . Do All Malivore Monsters Provide This Level of Emotional Insight?
  【 𝐏𝐀𝐑T ONE
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

 Do All Malivore Monsters Provide This Level of Emotional Insight?  【 𝐏𝐀𝐑T ONE】    ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴍɪꜱꜱᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏᴏ, ʙᴜᴅᴅʏ. ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

A HUGE DECISION WAS made the night Lucas came back. He decided that until his mind was back in the right place he'd be attending Mystic Falls High with Josie. It was a good break from everyone and everything supernatural-related— which he needed. Of course, Hope wasn't fond of the idea, but Alaric convinced her to just see how things went.

Since Lucas left, he and Josie have gotten closer, just as they were when he first came to the school. They both missed one another and the friendship they shared before things got so... messy.

Josie scrunched up her nose. "I can't even look at you right now. I mean what kind of mystery meat is that."

"I'm gonna be honest I'm not sure—" Lucas says with a shrug. "—but I've been extremely hungry since I've come back."

"Yeah, I know. You've cleared out Aunt Elena's fridge." Josie says with a laugh. "By the way, we're in charge of grocery shopping this weekend."

"Oh great. Weekend grocery shopping— average normal human things." Lucas snorts, he looks around and his eyes fell onto a blonde girl. "So who is that?"

"Over there is where the jocks sit with the mean girl cheerleaders," Josie says. "That's Tori Thompson. I mean you'd fit in with them well since you're well... you."

"No thanks." Lucas snorts, he uses his super-hearing to eavesdrop on the cheerleader's conversation causing him to smirk. "Tori Thompson is totally into me." he laughs. "She just told her friend."

"Kick it off, no Nephilim powers!" Josie scolds.

Lucas rolls his eyes. "Relax, Jo. They don't even know."

"Yeah and we need to keep it that way or my dad's gonna yank us out of this school so fast our heads are gonna spin," Josie huffs. "He's probably lurking in the parking lot right now."

Lucas smirks. "I've gotta admit it's pretty cute when you ramble."

"Lucas."

The Nephilim rolls his eyes. "You're being paranoid, Jo."

Josie sighs. "Please, Luc. Just try being human with me."

"Okay, fine. No powers." Lucas softly says. "But if this place is so important to you, why are we sitting out here alone—"

"Mind if I join you g—Lucas!?" Ethan exclaims, excitedly.

Lucas smiles and stands to his feet. "Hello, brother."