01.| ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴀʟ

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 ONE.
   [0𝟏]. Hope is Not the Goal.
PART ONE
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ɪꜱ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʟᴏꜱᴇʀ ʙᴏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴏᴛʜ? ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
ɪ ᴛʜɪ ʟᴏꜱᴇʀ ʙᴏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ
ʙᴏᴛʜ?
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

THE NEXT MORNING WAS nothing but stressful. The sound of the loud bells ringing through the school waking up every teen as Alaric called in all students on the PA to head to what they called the grand hall where he and a sheriff had some news to share with everyone.

Right now all students were seated with each other and Lucas was late to the meeting since he didn't care much about the townies. Eventually, he ended up going to the meeting so he could try finding the Tribrid.

"Now I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to Mystic Falls High under the guise of an exchange program," Alaric announced before turning his head and noticing Lucas. "Your second day here and you can't make it to a school meeting on time?"

"It didn't seem important." Lucas shrugged

Alaric sighed. "Just take a seat."

Lucas huffed before walking towards an empty seat that was opened right by Hope.

"Hey," Lucas whispered as he took a seat next to the witch.

"Hi," Hope said with a small smile.

"Now, I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells, because any information we can get will make a difference." Alaric continued with his speech.

"Well, I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day because that is what heroes do," Lizzie announced as she stood from her seat and buttoned up her blazer, turning towards her father who seemed done with her. "So, I volunteer as tribute."

"She battles one gargoyle, and suddenly, she's Mother Teresa." Hope whispers with an unamused look on her face.

Lucas snorted.

"I'm in." A boy called out.

"I'm in too." Another said.

"We'd like to help," Hope says as she grabs Lucas and pulls him up with her.

Lucas furrowed his brows. "We would?"