Diagon Alley

It's been a month since I got my letter. My mother and father were absolutely ecstatic about it but not surprised. I come from a line of pureblood witches and wizards all who have received their letters to Hogwarts at age eleven.

My mother Astoria (Y/L/N) and my father Nicolas (Y/L/N) are taking me to Diagon alley today to shop for schools supplies. I'm an only child so my parents are very excited to finally have a daughter in Hogwarts.

I sit on our velvet green couch excited about being able to learn how to do magic. I see Mum and Dad do it all the time but I can't wait to be able to do it myself. I've already read a lot of books on magic and charms so I can be a good bit ahead.

My mum emerges from the black staircase and grabs her wand from the kitchen table, my dad following after her. They are both dressed and ready to go.
"Come along now dear we're going to go to Diagon Alley", mum says in her soft voice.
"Yes! Better be quick or all the good owls will have gone", dad chimes in chuckling. I giggle as mum frowns at the both of us. "Are we using the floo network mum?" I say.
"Yes (Y/N). You know what to do darling just grab a handful of floo powder, step inside the fireplace and say clearly: Diagon alley"
"Yes mum"
"Okay you go first love we'll be as fast as we can"
I step into the black brick fireplace and take a handful powder. "DIAGON ALLEY" I say loud and clearly whilst dropping the powder.

I arrive in flourish and blotts and shortly after mum and dad appear. Dad ruffles my black hair and says "well done kiddo". I've only used the floo network a few times before.
"Right then Nicolas will you go and get the books and stuff",she hands him a list,"here you go. I'm going to go with (Y/N) to get her robes"
"What am I? A house elf", he chuckles.
He plants a kiss on both of our heads.
"I'll see you two ladies in about an hour in Ollivanders".

We made our way into Madam Malkins robes for all occasions and I got measured for my uniform robes. Mum decided to browse around a bit for some dress robes. Dad works at the ministry of magic as head of department for magical law enforcement and is always getting invited to important meetings and gatherings with his co workers. Mum always goes with him and usually wears her finest clothes. I'm not sure why. I asked if I could come with them to the meetings once and they got quite mad so I didn't ask again.
I decide to have a look at the traveling cloaks. They're down at the back of the store. I walk down and see a flash of blonde hair. A boy about my age turns around swiftly and grins. He's very pale, with eyes grey like smoke and cold but his cheeky smile makes him look friendly.
"Hello. Are you shopping for robes too?"
I smile. "Yes. Are you a first year too?"
"I am. I'm very excited. Do you have any idea what house you want to be in?".
"Well. My mother and father were both in Slytherin. I know a lot of people think badly about that house for some reason but I suspect that's where I will be"
He raises his brow, impressed.
"Same with my parents. Hopefully I will be in Slytherin too. After all it's the best house".
"Are you pureblood?", he asks hesitantly.
"Yes I am. What about you".
"Yes. I'd be ashamed to be anything else," he says his face full of disgust.
I open my mouth to ask him why but I'm interrupted by my mum calling me from across the shop.
"I've got to go sorry. I'll see you at Hogwarts".
"Hopefully yes. Wait. I never asked for your name"
"I'm (Y/N) (Y/L/N)" I say putting my hand out for him to shake.
He greets my hand with a cold grasp but his skin is soft and supple.
"I'm Draco. Draco Malfoy".
"(Y/N)!", I hear mum shout.
"See you soon" he winks at me and I turn on my heel hiding my blushing cheeks.

"What took you so long?" Mum questions.
"I made a new friend. He's starting Hogwarts too!" I say excitedly.
"He?" Mum raises her eyebrows and giggles.
"Mummmm stop".
We approach Dad who is holding a stack of books, an emerald quill and a pot of ink.
"Hello lovelies. How was your shopping extravaganza?".
Mum takes half the load of the books in her arms.
"(Y/N)'s got herself a boyfriend" she grins.
Dad almost drops his books.
"A what?"
"Mum stop it!"
"Sorry love. I'm just glad you made a friend.".
"Ah that's better. A friend" Dad sighs a sigh of relief making me laugh.
"Yes. A male friend", Mum winks at me.
"Oi Astoria don't go putting ideas in her head!", he jokes.
"Stop both of you! I'm too hungry to deal with this".
They both laugh.
They bring me to Florean Fortescues ice cream parlour and buy me some ice cream. I choose my favourite which is strawberry peanut butter.

We travel home using floo network. I crawl into bed extremely tired from my excursions. Mum tucks me in and dad kisses me goodnight.
"Goodnight lil pumpkin"
"Night dummy". He laughs and leaves the room.
I sink into my silk sheets and dream of Hogwarts, potions, spells and a pale blonde boy named Draco Malfoy.