Slytherin Party Pt2: Aftermath

I find myself at the Gryffindor common room, Harry is outside thankfully. He's sitting on the floor with his wand in his hands. He seems pretty out of it.
"Oh hey", He smiles as he sees me coming,
"Hi", I say.
"What are you doing out here?", I ask.
"Just thinking...", He says slowly.
"I see".
"Shouldn't you be-", He begins.
"Me and Draco got into a fight", I interrupt. "You mind if i sleep here tonight? On the couch?", I ask.
"Of course.", He says gently, easing my anxiety.
Thankfully, he doesn't ask questions.
"Come on in before someone sees".

The only time i've ventured inside the Gryffindor common room was that horrible tournament party. The room is basically empty now, everyones gone to bed. I look around, seeing memories flash before my eyes. Harry must notice my sad expression as he puts a warm hand on my shoulder, "You alright?".
"Fine", I lie.
He begins to place pillows on the biggest couch in the common room.
"Accio blanket", He waves his wand and a red Gryffindor blanket appears on the couch, nice and cosy.
"This is my blanket", He blushes. "Mrs Weasley knitted it for me in first year", He blushes.
"Cute", I laugh. "She's so sweet". He nods and plumps some off the pillows so they're nice and comfy.
"You gonna be okay down here?", Harry asks, genuine concern on his face.
"You've made it lovely for me, i'll be more then fine", I smile as i get under the blanket.
"You can sleep in my bed if you want and i'll sleep here", Harry says suddenly.
"Don't worry, i'm fine Harry", I say and he frowns as if he doesn't want to leave me down here.
"If you need anything you know where to find me", He murmurs kindly.
"Thanks Harry. So much. Goodnight", I say.
"Goodnight (Y/N)".

The next morning, i awake to Hermione's face towering over me. I almost jump out of my skin.
"Morning", She grins.
"Jesus Christ", I shout.
"Sorry", She laughs.
"I'm guessing Harry told you why i'm down here?", I ask. She nods.
"Malfoy".
"What time is it?", I ask.
"Just gone 12pm".
"For fuck sake.".
"It's fine. You needed the rest after last night".
The common room is pretty full now, people wandering around grabbing books and discussing last nights events. People give me weird stares but i understand, it's not a very common occurrence to see a Slytherin sprawled out on a Gyffrindors couch.
Ron and Harry come bounding down the staircase, full of energy.
"Morning", Harry says.
"Sleepwalking in the night again i see", Ron says.
"Please shut up", I say nursing my brewing hangover.
"You sleep alright?", Harry asks.
"Perfect, thanks to you", I smile.
He blushes and turns away.
"Did we miss breakfast?", Ron asks.
"There's probably some stuff left if you hurry", I yawn.
"Anyone hungry?", He asks.
"I'll come. I need something to drink", Hermione says.
"Harry? (Y/N)?", He asks.
"I'm good. Not hungry yet", Harry says.
"Me too. I'll probably have to go back to my dorm soon anyways", I say.
"Fair enough, See you lot in a bit then", Ron says and him and Hermione make their way to the great hall.

Harry sits next to me on the couch as i sit upright.
"So...you and Malfoy had a fight?", He begins, cautiously.
"I really don't want to talk about it Harry. It's all okay, it always is", I say gently.
"That's fine. Just let me know if i need to kick his arse, alright?", He says grinning.
I laugh, "Thanks Harry. Not hungry then?".
"Not really. I'm probably more hungover than you", He yawns.
"I think i slept through the worst of it", I say.

After a while of chatting i decide it's best to go back to my own dorm so that's what i do. On my way back, i bump into Blaise.
"Hey!", He says.
"Oh, hi", I say half heartedly, not in the mood for conversation.
"You look...".
"Ugh, don't even. I'm wrecked", I complain.
He laughs.
"Draco's been looking for you all morning".
"Tell him to fuck off".
"You're like an old married couple".
"Fuck you. He says some really hurtful stuff you know".
"So can you", He raises his eyebrows.
"Shut up".
"There you go again".
"Don't you have an appointment for...let's see, a quick snog with Luna before dinner", I tease.
"Never quick. Thanks for reminding me though", He says.
I fake getting sick, "You disgust me".
He rolls his eyes, "You should try it sometime. You know, snogging. Might help with these new mood swings".
I whack him on the shoulder and he cowers away.
"Bastard", I say.
"Yeah well, this bastard actually does have an appointment with Luna right now.", He says.
"See you later?".
"Hope not", I joke.
"Give Draco a kiss for me will you?", He says walking backwards.
I throw up the middle finger as he leaves and he sticks his tongue out at me like a little kid.

I walk into the Slytherin common room, which is mostly empty, everyone is sleeping or eating, apart from Draco who is reading, sitting peacefully on the armchair near the fire.
He looks so cosy and warm that I almost forget i'm mad at him.
"Draco", I sigh. I should probably get this over with.
He looks up from his book.
"(Y/N)".
I sit down next to him.
"I'm sorry. For everything. I'm a shit friend.", He says hurriedly.
"I don't want to hear anymore sorrys from you Draco. Can you just fucking stop doing this?", I say, my head in my hands, exhaustion hitting me full force. It comes out harsher then expected.
He stares at me, searching my face for the sympathy i will not show. I do feel bad for him, i know how hard it must be to express emotions being raised by a monster of a father, but then again so was i. I just didn't realize it.
All he can manage to say is, "I'm really sorry.".
I lean in and hug him. I'm so tired of fighting. There's not enough time.
"Thank you", He whispers.
"For what?".
"Just thank you.", He says, his head in my shoulder, perfectly fitted. His body is warm and mine feels electric beneath him. It's weird, i've never felt this sensation before.
He pulls away from the hug, but for some reason i just want to look at him. He's so beautiful, it's almost painful. I didn't know it was possible for such perfect creations to be made but here he was, in all his glory, proving me wrong as usual.
He looks worried, his brow creases and his eyes are full and round, pupils enlarged.
"What's wrong?", He asks.
"Nothing", I smile.
His lips are almost magnetic. My eyes can't pull away. It's like i've been bewitched.
We keep our eyes locked, completely still, scared to breathe...until he reaches his hand out and cups my cheek.
The silence is enchanting, filled with possibilities.
"Did i ever tell you that your eyes remind me of stars?", He whispers.
I shake my head slowly.
"Did i ever tell you about your voice?", He gulps. "What it does to me...". The hair on the back of my neck stands up.
"Did i ever tell you that your lips are shaped like a little heart at the top?", He smiles fondly.
I shake my head, my cheeks blushing under his hand. I hope he can't tell.
He takes his hand and moves one finger close to my lips, brushing against them.
"I should have...", He says.
My face is tilting forward, and his is coming closer. Something floats like magic between us and for a moment, just a moment I am completely thoughtless. Im not thinking, but i feel everything. For a moment i think...maybe....
"Anyone up for a game of chess?!", Blaise shouts, bursting through the door with Luna at his side.
We pull apart instantly.
"Sure.", Draco says and moves away instantly, getting up to sit next to Blaise.
Just like that, the moment is gone. The flame put out, and the magic destroyed.