Three Headed Dog

It's a Monday afternoon and I'm sitting in potions sandwiched between a very hyperactive Blaise and a snoozing Draco who's trying not to fall asleep. I've been at Hogwarts for a good few months now and I'm still not used to Blaise and Draco being idiots yet.
I roll my eyes.
"Draco!"
"Huh", his head emerges from his desk.
"Wake up! You idio~"
"Ms (L/N)!", Snape bellows from the top of the class and I sigh. I'm not in the mood for his temper tantrums today.
"Sorry sir". I say sheepishly.
He holds my gaze for a few seconds before continuing to reach the lesson as if nothing happened.
Blaise is tapping out some form of tune on his desk with his wand and with one sharp look I silence him completely.

The class drags on for what seems like forever but then again, it is the last class of the day which always seems to be an extra hour longer than the others.

I decide to go for a little stroll around the castle after dinner to clear my mind a bit and maybe even see Snape. After all I am meant to be spying on him.
I walk along and say hello to the Fred and George who have a big cheeky grin spread over their identical faces. They're holding a bag full of something and I don't even bother to ask because I know if I do I'll get dragged into one of their pranks. Trust me, it's happened before.

I continue walking until I spot a glimpse of a black cloak flapping in the air. It's Snape. He's almost running out of the potions store room. I follow slowly behind him, trying to be as quiet as possible so that he doesn't hear me.
I follow him all the way up to the forbidden corridor.  The third floor corridor.
I hide behind a stone Gargoyle just as he stops in his tracks and turns his head in my direction. He slowly turns himself back towards the door of the forbidden room and I watch him head into the room and firmly shut it behind him.  That was close.
Should I do something?
I stand still not daring to breathe as the door opens quickly again and out he steps looking more confident then before. He straightens out his black robes and with a flap he's gone again walking away slightly calmer this time.

I tiptoe across to the door and open it slightly.
I step in without thinking about whats in there and I see the three headed dog.
I clamp my hand over my mouth and let out a muffled scream.
This is something you don't see everyday.
Thankfully for me the dog is asleep. Then I hear the faint playing of an old harp. I turn to the left and see an enchanted harp playing itself. Very clever Snape. He must have come in here to put it to sleep and now tonight he's going to come back and try to steal it.
I need to stop this now before he can get the stone. I rush out of the third floor and down to the great hall searching the tables for Ron, Harry or Hermione.
"We need to go. Now", I say and all three of them get up instantly without further explanation.