The Beginning of the End

One by one we entered, Tonks gracefully tripping over the doorstep.
The house contained a narrow hall which we walked down in single file.
At the end of the hall stood a tall black door. Behind it voices could be heard. They were muffled but it wasn't hard to identify shouting.
"Sounds like there's a meeting going on", Arthur said as Moody slammed the door open without a care.
Snape and Sirius stood inside and they turned to face the open door with shock.
"Merlin, it's like fourth year all over again", Lupin teased.
Sirius looked like he was about to retaliate but as Lupin walked into the room, the rest of us were revealed. His gaze drew on me. He stared as if i wasn't really there.
"(Y/N)", He smiled.
I reached out to shake his hand but he yanked me into a massive hug. "Thank fuck you're okay", He sighed.
"Sirius!", Molly scolded.
"I think after what these children have seen, a little swearing will do them no harm", He said calmly. Molly had nothing to say back to that.
Sirius looked at Harry, who immediately hugged him without second thought.
"Harry my boy, how are you?", He asked as they both pulled away.
Once again i felt that stupid pang of jealousy.
"As good as i can be", Harry answered.
Sirius then greeted Hermione, Ron and the rest of the order while Snape stood gingerly in the corner watching with disgust.
Everyone was confused as to why he was here. It was unusual, Snape to me did not seem the heroic type. I knew what the others were thinking, "A Slytherin in the order?". I am a Slytherin of course but many of them forget that on a daily basis as i don't conform to the silly stereotypes of evil, scaly witches and wizards.
"Good evening Professor", I put my hand out politely.
He looked at my hand as if i were offering him a poisonous beverage and flicked his cape to the side as he sat down.
"Just what we need", He began. "More idiotic children in the order".
"Don't you dare talk about my niece like that!", Sirius shouted.
"I was talking about all of them actually", Snape said, no flicker of expression on his face.
"You stuck up little-", Sirius began to shout.
"Enough!", Arthur interrupted. "We don't have time for anymore childhood rivalry".
"Rivalry?", Sirius scoffed. "Rivalry has nothing to do with the fact that Snivellus has his wand shoved so far up his-", Sirius started again.
"Right! Who's hungry?", Molly said in a high pitched voice.
"Me", Ron said immediately and Hermione nodded politely. "That would be lovely Mrs. Weasley".
"Marvellous. I'll see what i can rustle up", She said and off she went into the kitchen.
Snape left the room with a harsh look on his face.
"What's his problem?", Harry asked as we sat down across from Sirius and Lupin.
"Long story", Sirius chuckled beside Lupin who rolled his eyes disapprovingly.
We talked for a while until dinner was ready.
We all agreed we wanted to fight in the war if it happened. Molly unfortunately overheard and went ballistic.
"NO! Absolutely not!", She shouted.
"Molly, please let me speak. You know who is after something, something he didn't have last time and it's only-", Sirius tried to get his words out but she cut him off.
"STOP IT! THERE WILL BE NO FIGHTING!", She screamed and stormed out of the room.
"Bloody hell", Ron muttered.
"Is she alright?", Hermione said and got up to go after her.
"It's alright. I'll go", Arthur insisted.
I sat there next to the trio, shocked.
"What was that about?". Harry asked.
"Things have been hard for Molly. She has these nightmares about the war", Lupin explained softly.
I knew at once the dreams included us, the kids she saw as her own.
"Poor Molly", I said.
"She's a strong woman, but she can't keep you all safe forever", Sirius added.
"No one can", I said.
They looked at me.
"You didn't write at all this Summer (Y/N)", Sirius said plainly.
I wasn't sure how to respond.
"I'm sorry", Is all i could muster.
There was a short yet painful silence.
"Were you with the Malfoy boy?", Sirius asked, very stern for the first time since i'd met him.
"What? No, not at all", I say.
"Good. I'd advise you keep it that way", He said.
"What? Why?", I said.
"(Y/N). He's a Malfoy. Sooner or later he'll become a death eater...it's in his blood.", He said quietly.
"Draco is different. He is not his father", I said, growing angry.
"I'm not here to convince you. But if i didn't warn you i'd never forgive myself. If you know what's good for you, you will stay away from that boy and anyone who associates with him", He said solemnly.
"Piss off Sirius.", I get up out of my chair.
"Excuse me? How dare you talk to me that way!", He shouted.
Lupin looked around awkwardly.
"Who are you? I barely know you. We've met once. You think because my dads a shitbag you can take his place. You can't. I have no mother and no father and as far as i'm concerned no uncles either. In more simple words in case you didn't get that, Fuck you".
I stormed off, up the stairs.
There was several big black doors lining the upstairs hall and i opened one, not knowing what i would find. To my surprise, Fred and George were sitting on the bed.
"Hello", Fred said, shocked.
"Why is there so many fucking doors in this place?", I sighed.
"It's a bit confusing isn't it?", George laughed.
"Just a bit".
With no warning, Hermione, Ron and Harry came crashing through the door.
"Are you okay?", Hermione reached in to hug me.
"I'm fine. Just pissed off", I say.
"Yeah, you made that clear", Ron laughs.
Hermione elbows him and he yelps.
"He can be a right dick sometimes", Harry said sitting down next to me.
"Not to you", I said coldly.
"You'd be surprised".
Everything is silent for a moment.
"We're going to diagon alley tomorrow to get our school stuff", Hermione says.
The idea of going back to school hadn't plagued me until now.
I flop onto the bed.
"Can't wait", i say sarcastically.
"Imagine having to use the floo network to get to Diagon alley", George teased.
"Must be rough", Fred said.
"Oh piss off", Ron said angrily.
"Language Ronald", Said Hermione.
"Yes, language Ronald!", Fred and George said in unison.
"Come on", Harry says grabbing my arm.
"I'm comfy".
Ron grabs my other arm and they drag me unwillingly into the room we are staying in.
I look at them one by one. I think of Draco and Blaise. This is my family now. And i won't lose them. I won't lose another person i love to Voldemort.
"I don't care what Molly says. I'm going to fight", I say, interrupting the conversation they were having while i was lost in thought.  They turn to me, a look of curiosity and yet understanding on their faces.
"We all are", Hermione says, squeezing my hand tight.

As i sleep that night i don't dream of Cedric, i dream of Draco. I dream of deatheaters and war, and silver eyes and green. I dream of death and murder. I dream of Voldemort.