Triwizard Champions

We sit anxiously at dinner the next day, awaiting the goblet of fire results.
"Can he hurry up?", I whisper to Blaise.
"I think he heard you", he whispers back as Dumbledore walks toward the center of the great hall.
"Good evening students!", he bellows across the hall, emitting instant silence from us.
He talks about courage and bravery and all that stuff but it goes right over my head as i stare at Cedric across the hall whose hands are clasped together tightly, waiting to see if he'll be chosen.
Dumbledore raises his hand above the goblet and it overflows with blue fire. A piece of blue, frilly paper shoots into his hand.
"Fleur Delcacour!", He shouts and cheering begins coming from all sides of the room. Some boys whistle as she makes her way to Dumbledore, shakes his hand and heads to the back with the teachers.
Next, a brown, fiery piece of paper comes out without hesitation.
"Viktor Krum!", he shouts. The hall roars out and the Durmstrang boys bang their sticks against the floor.
Once again, he shakes his hand and congratulates him.
Dumbledore now scans the room. We all know the next champion will be the Hogwarts one. He seems to take his time with this one knowing we are all on the edge of our seats.
A white piece of paper, clean and plain, bounces into Dumbledore hand.
I stare at Cedric, then Dumbledore, then Cedric.
Dumbledore grins widely.
"Our very own Hogwarts Champion....".
My hearts going to explode if he doesn't hurry up.
"CEDRIC DIGGORY!".
Cedric.
I clap my hands aggressively and cheer as i watcu him walk up to Dumbledore. He catches my eye. He's smiling and he looks so innocently happy. He winks at me before shaking Dumbledore hand.
"I knew he'd get it", Blaise whispers.
I turn to look at Draco whose clapping slowly with a solemn expression on his face. Once he sees me he forces a smile and claps more enthusiastically.
"And there we have it! Our three Triwizard champions-!", Dumbledore stops suddenly.
The goblet begins to shake.
"What's happening?", Whispers Draco.
The clapping stops as if on queue.
A folded up piece of paper jumps out. A fourth piece of paper.
Dumbledore looks positively shocked.
Everyone watches as he opens it. His eyes widen slightly but he remains calm.
"Harry Potter", he almost whispers.
Silence once again.
"Harry Potter".
Harry seems as though he has been hit across the head with a broomstick and has just woken up from a five year coma.
"HARRY POTTER!", he shouts this time.
Hermione pushes him forward gently. Even her and Ron look dumbfounded.
"CHEAT!", People shout.
"THATS NOT FAIR!".
"BOO! THATS RUBBISH!".
The champions all follow Dumbledore into the room next to the hall.
The whispering begins.

"What the fuck is going on?", Draco says.
"How did he do it?", Blaise asks.
"He didn't", I say quietly.
"You what?", Draco says, astounded.
"Not a chance would Dumbledore let something like this happen".
"So you think he got someone older to do it?", Blaise questions.
"No. You saw the look on his face. He had no idea", i say in a state of limbo.
"How else would it have happened then?", Draco asks.
"I don't know. But someone's trying to set him up. I can feel it", i whisper.
"Like who?", Blaise says.
"Oh i don't know Blaise, maybe you know fucking who", i snap.
"You think he did it?", He asks.
"Obviously not. He got someone to do it, idiot.".
"You could be right", says Draco.
"I am right", I roll my eyes.
"So what now?", Blaise says.
"I guess we just have to see what Dumbledore says about it", i shrug helplessly.
"This year just gets more and more interesting", Draco sighs.
He looks at me as he says it and i know what he's referring to me.

"(Y/N)", A familiar voice sings happily.
"Cedric", I get up and he tries to kiss me on the lips which i dodge out of instinct because i'm in front of Draco.
"Sorry I-", Cedric begins but Draco has already gotten out of his seat and is holding him by the tie.
"How dare you put your filthy hands on her!", He shouts.
Silence in the hall again.
"Draco! Stop!", I push him away.
"He just tried to kiss you!", Draco argues.
"I know! We're...I meant to tell you", I say quietly.
Draco's face drops. He looks at me and then Cedric and then around the staring hall and he rushes out, his cheeks flooding red, an unusual occurrence for Draco.
"Sorry (Y/N) but i better check on him", Blaise says getting up. I nod understandingly.
"Congrats mate", Blaise murmurs to Cedric as he marches out after Draco.

"Maybe we should go somewhere more private", Cedric whispers.
"Good idea".
We end up in the room of requirement.
A coffee table and some seats appear in the room, next to a blazing fireplace.
"Just what i wanted", Cedric says sinking into one of the chairs, sitting me down beside him.
"Now, tell me. What was that about?", Cedric asks.
"I...I don't know", i mutter.
"Come on (Y/N), give me something", he says.
"Draco's my best friend. I didn't tell him we were you know, official. He gets really overprotective so he was just being a good friend really", i explain.
Cedric looks confused, "(Y/N), do you have feelings for Draco?", he asks, a solemn look now spread upon his face. An unfamiliar look.
"NO!", i say very suddenly.
Me and Draco together is absurd. Absolutely absurd. I mean we grew up together. It's just weird. Right?
"I promise Cedric. We've just been friends since first year.", I say.
"I trust you. Does Draco have feelings for you?", he asks, stroking my hair.
"No. As far as i know, no", I say truthfully.
"Mhm", he thinks.
"Are you mad at me?", i ask.
He smiles softly. "Of course not. I'm never mad at you", he looks at me sincerely.
For the first time ever, i initiate the kiss.
I can feel him smiling into my lips as i press them against his.
I pull away quickly. "I forgot to congratulate you!", I clap my hands over my mouth.
"You can congratulate me like this I don't mind", He says pulling me in again.
I laugh, "Stop! I'm serious! Congratulations Cedric.", I hug him tight. He smells comforting and his sweatshirt is soft and feels nice against my face.
"The best congratulations I could get", He grins.
I rest my head on his shoulder.
"What the hell happened with Harry?", i ask.
"No idea. Some of the teachers were shouting all sorts but he just seemed in shock. Fudge said he has to compete, the contracts binding", he explains.
"Poor Harry", My good mood alters.
"I should go talk to him", I say getting up.
"Not yet", Cedric pulls me back.
I roll my eyes in defiance.
He tucks my hair behind my ears. I love it when he does that. It makes me feel so safe.
"Cedric", i whisper.
"Yes".
"You'll stay safe won't you, in the tournament", i ask.
He smiles, that beautiful smile i know so well.
"For you, always".
For a split second i'm reminded of me and Draco up at the astronomy tower. "Always", he had said. I shake it away.
"Always".
I lean into his kiss.