The Aftermath

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."

The maze is endless. No matter where i turn i'm stuck and there's no way out. I turn around. I see light. I follow it. Maybe this is the way out.
I run towards it but my feet are stuck on something. I fall over.
I look to see what tripped me.
A body lies on the floor.
Cedrics body.
"Cedric", I whisper.
I'm shaking him, shouting at him.
His eyes flash open.
"Ced".
"Why", He whispers.
"What?".
"Why? Why did you do this to me", He cries.
"Cedric. I didn't. I'm sorry", I sob.
"You let me die", He says.
"No. Cedric I promise I didn't".
He raises his wand.
A flash of green.

I wake up in bed, sweating and tears streaking my face. I must've screamed during the dream because my dad runs into my room anxiously.
"Pumpkin? Are you okay?", He says holding me while i cry.
"I'm fine Dad. Get off me", I say shoving him away.
I haven't forgotten my suspicions about him and my Mother.
"You can talk to me. I know how hard this must be".
"No you don't. You don't know", I say and I turn on my side in the bed.
Without warning, my Dad begins to cry.
I turn over hastily. I've never seen my Dad cry before and I don't like it.
"I'm sorry", He cries harder.
"Sorry for what?".
"We never intended for you to get mixed up in this. Your Mother and I, we never knew this would happen".
"Dad", I say softly despite the fact that I am two minutes away from a mental breakdown.
"Are you saying what i think you're saying?".
"It pains me to see you like this", He continues.
"Dad. Answer me", I say sternly, sitting up now.
"We should've told you a long time ago. We thought we were keeping you safe but all it's done is danger you even more", He whispers shakily, with a madness in his eyes like he's just murdered somebody.
And to be honest, i feel like i have just been stabbed.
My mother comes into the room.
"Everything alright? I heard your Dad get up", She asks, oblivious to everything.
"How dare you lie to my face for all these years. Support a monster and not even have the decency to tell your own daughter!", I shout.
She immediately looks at my Dad.
"You told her", She says quietly.
"I figured it out a long fucking time ago.", I say getting out of my bed and grabbing some clothes, throwing them into my trunk.
"What are you doing Pumpkin. Please sit down, we can talk about this", My dad pleads.
"Talk about what? There is no redemption here. He killed...Voldemort killed my Cedric. The only person who truly loved me and you sat here all Summer comforting me as if it wasn't as much your fault as his! How could you?", I cry. My voice is shaking and my hands tremble as i grab my wand.
"That's not fair. We love you too, more then some boy", My Mom insists.
"More then some boy? More then some boy you helped to kill", I shout.
My Dad tries to approach me.
I point my wand at him.
"Come any closer and I will use it", I say.
"You'll get expelled", Mom says.
"Try me", I say.
I grab my trunk and my owl and head down the stairs.
"You don't have to do this.", Dad says as i open the door.
"Where are you even going to go?", Mom asks, seemingly amused.
I stare at them both. It's like watching two ghosts in front of me. Shells of people who i once believed could do no harm.
"Home", I say, slamming the door shut.

As i walk the streets of my neighbourhood i wonder where i can go.
I have two options, the Manor or the Burrow.
My instinct is to head to the manor, but i think of Lucius and Narcissa. More deatheaters.
Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
My heart burns for Blaise and Draco but i cant put myself at risk. If my parents communicate with Lucius and Narcissa I'm done for. They'll know i'm against them.
I'd like to think they wouldn't do that to their own daughter, but here we are.
The Burrow seems the only option I have.
Now i just have to get there.
I recall Harry telling us about a bus that he had taken when he ran away from the Dursley's in third year.
What was it? The Knight bus! That was it. Now i just have to wait.
As i'm sitting on the sidewalk my mind wanders back and forth.
Something comes to my mind instantly. Sirius. I've been so caught up with everything i'd completely forgotten about him. I make a mental note to write to him soon. As i do that the Knight bus appears out of nowhere in front of me. My fate is sealed. I shall spend the rest of my summer at The Weasleys.

I stand in the entryway to the Burrow and start to feel a bit stupid. I cant just show up at someone's house with no notice. I stand silently for a moment, thinking about what the hell i'm supposed to do now when i notice the front door handle twisting open.
Harry steps out.
"Hi", He says, clearly confused.
"Long time no see", I smile awkwardly.
"I saw you from the window upstairs, I thought i was hallucinating for a bit. You never told us you planned on coming.", Harry explains.
"Yeah well...that's the thing...I didn't really plan this", I stutter.
"(Y/N). Are you alright?", He asks.
"I'm fine I just...don't really have a home anymore", I laugh.
He smiles sympathetically at me, "I'm so sorry (Y/N). Molly and Arthur welcomed me into this house as if i was one of their own. I'm sure they'll do the same for you. And as for me, Ron and Hermione...we're always here for you.".
I run up to Harry and hug him tightly. He stands there, clearly quite shocked but after a few seconds he hugs me back.
"Thanks Harry", I say.
"Come on in. You can explain everything to us over a nice mug of hot chocolate", He says.
"Hot chocolate?".
"It's Arthur's latest muggle obsession", He laughs.
"Oh how i've missed Arthur Weasley", I chuckle.
I follow him inside, tugging the trunk that now contains all my belongings behind me.
Isn't it strange how much a persons life can change in the space of a day?