Boyfriend

After last class that day I went to the common room, half hoping to find Draco, half hoping not to.
Blaise is sitting alone as I walk in, attempting to do some homework.
"Hey".
"Oh, Hello", He smiles. "You alright?".
I sigh and sit down next to him. "I don't know. Still angry".
"Quite a scene last night", Blaise chuckles.
"Don't even. Has he said anything to you?", I ask.
"I haven't seen him much and he's not in a very talkative mood today", He explains.
"Makes sense. Do you think I was too harsh on him?", I ask.
He puts his quill down and looks at me, thinking.
"I don't know. You two never seem to go easy on each other do you.".
I laugh at that, "I suppose not, no. But me disarming him was that too far?".
"It was quite a sight. You probably should apologize for that. I think you damaged his ego more than anything. Still, I agree with you. I want to fight just as much as you do and he can't stop you from doing that just because he's afraid.", Blaise says leaning back in his chair like an old wise man.
"Thanks. I suppose i'll have to apologize for that. I refuse to apologize for anything else though. I spoke my mind and I stand by what I said", I say, reassuring myself.
As if on queue, Draco comes strutting in. I get up to greet him out of instinct but to my surprise, someone is trailing behind him. Pansy fucking Parkinson.
I don't know what to say. Maybe they just happened to walk in together. I shouldn't jump to conclusions. Though it's so hard not to when i see her smug little face.
"Oh Hi", Pansy giggles sweetly, sickening me to my core.
"What the fuck do you want?", I ask, clutching my wand without realizing.
"Just passing through", She says happily.
Draco stares at me cautiously as if i'm a bomb that he suspects will explode any minute.
"It was fun hanging out with you Draco", She says, more loudly than she needs to, making sure I hear every word.
I start to laugh, "Really Pansy? That's low even for you. Did you sneak him another love potion you insidious bitch".
"No. I did not. That was a mistake and Draco knows that so i suggest you keep your nose out of our business", She spits.
Draco seems to back away and become a sort of shadow.
"Your business? I can assure you that anything that happens between you and Draco is not private business considering he's my boyfriend you silly cow".
She seems taken aback by this.
"Boyfriend?", She looks at Draco.
"Boyfriend?", He grins at me.
"Oh don't look so pleased. You have some explaining to do", I say to him.
"But...I thought...", Pansy seems at a loss for words.
"You thought what you frog faced slut. Fuck off before I curse you", I say, getting angrier by the minute.
"You'll pay for this", She says, looking at Draco this time not me. She runs upstairs to her dorm.
"Care to explain?", I say, pointing at a chair for Draco to sit in.
"There's nothing to explain", He rubs his forehead. "She needed to talk to someone about her parents. That's all".
"Oh, so you're giving out free therapy now? How courteous!".
"Should I go...", Blaise says.
"No you stay", Draco says quickly, probably worried ill try to fight him again.
"Look.", He lowers his voice.
"Her parents are death eaters. She needed someone to confide in. That's all".
"So why did she come strutting in here acting like you were shagging in the library or something?", I scoff.
Blaise snorts and Draco shoots him a dangerous look.
"Because she's Pansy. She hates you, you hate her. She was trying to get on your nerves which evidently worked", He explains.
"What so you're best buddies now?".
"Not at all. I still hate her. But I know what it's like, having parents like hers".
I think for a moment. Pieces of information are whizzing around on my mind like tiny quidditch players.
"What did she mean by "you'll pay"?", I ask.
"I'm sure i'll find out", He wipes his brow and sighs.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have overreacted", I say through gritted teeth.
He's silent for a moment.
"And i'm sorry for attacking you yesterday".
"Thank you", He smiles gently.
"I really am sorry. But i'm not going to stop fighting for what i believe in.", I say, looking him dead in the eye.
He takes a breath. "I know. That's one of the things i love about you.".
The room seems very quiet all of a sudden. Other people are spread around but they might as well be in a different universe altogether.
I don't know what to say or do.
"How secret do you think you can keep this thing?", Draco asks a smile tugging at his lips.
Blaise looks at me and then back at Draco.
"You'll join?", He asks.
"I'll try. But no one can know", He says sternly.
I feel ecstatic.
I practically jump on top of Draco so that i'm now on his lap.
I kiss him all over and squeeze him tightly.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you", I kiss him again.
"Alright, christ. Do you have to?", Blaise groans.
"Piss off", Draco says.
He kisses me back passionately.
"You have no idea how much this means to me", I say out of breath.
"Well, I am your boyfriend", He says grinning.
I try to hide my face. "I shouldn't have said that. I know we haven't discussed it but..", I begin.
"Hey, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'd be honored to be your boyfriend (Y/N).", His eyes light up and sparkle as he stares into mine.
I kiss him again.
"You do know i'm still here right", Blaise complains.
"This is revenge for us having to watch you and Luna going at it 24/7", I say.
"We aren't like this!", He protests.
"You're right. You're far worse", Draco says.
"Bullshit", Blaise says.
I sit down next to Draco on a separate chair.
"Better?", I ask.
"Much better", Blaise says.

If only I knew then, that this would be one of many arguments with Draco. All of which would end the same way. Kisses and hugs and all forgiven mainly because we find it impossible to stay away from one another. If only I knew then, this would be one of the easiest to come back from. Our circumstances would change faster than we could have ever imagined. If only we realized sooner how much the outside world would effect the little bubble we had created for ourselves.