Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

I wake up to Harry shaking me by my shoulders and Ron smiling widely like a clown.
"You completely conked out (Y/N)", Ron exclaims unable to sit still in his seat.
"We're here!", Harry says in awe as I realize I can no longer feel the train moving and people are getting up out of their seats, clutching cages of owls and overstuffed trunks. We stand up and I grab my stuff looking over at Ron who's trying to stuff some of the leftover chocolate frogs into his pockets.
"Are you excited?", Harry turns to me.
"Yes. I'm quite nervous though", I say truthfully.
"Me too", says Ron surprisingly. "If I don't get into Gryffindor Mum will be disappointed."
"I hope we all get into the same house", Harry says.
"Yeah", I mutter but I can't help but hold a hint of doubt in my voice.
"Anyways. Even if we're not. It doesn't matter right", Harry says looking at us both one by one.
"Yes. We're friends now.", Ron says eagerly exiting the carriage first.
"Friends", Harry smiles and I can't help but smile a bit too letting the feeling of doubt sink away.

We step out of the train to see a massive man with a long black beard that goes down to his stomach wearing scruffy brown clothes. He's tall enough to touch the top of the train, even bigger then that. He's gigantic.
"Bloody hell!", Ron shouts stirring up a few giggles from some girls nearby.
"Bloody hell is right", I say nearly as shocked as Ron is.
"He's a half giant, half human", A confident voice explains and we turn to see Hermione standing beside a Ginger girl with hair almost as bushy as her own. I catch Ron rolling his eyes and shooting a look at Harry to which Harry responds with a cheeky grin.
"First years over ere! First years this way! Don' be shy, I won't bite ya!".
"That's Hagrid. He delivered my letter. Don't worry he's not as scary as he looks", Harry says waving at Hagrid.
"I wouldn't be so sure of that". Ron seems genuinely scared.
"Come on!" Says Hermione leading the way over to Hagrid.
We walk over, Harry more confidently then the others and he introduces himself to us.
"I'm Rubeus Hagrid! Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts. Welcome first years! I will be guiding you there today".

Hagrid looks down at Harry, Ron and I as we walk towards wherever Hagrid is leading us.
"Ello Harry. How'd you find the train?". His voice is warm and sincere, not matching his body at all.
"It was brilliant", Harry shouts up at him.
"These are my friends. Ron Weasley and (Y/N) (L/N)" .
"Hello!", I say confidently.
"Erm. Nice to meet you", Ron says hesitantly.
"Friends already Harry. Seems your enjoying yourself so far then."
"Nice to meet you both Ron and (Y/N), now I best go up the front and make sure no first years are causing any problems", he flashes a big toothy smile and makes his way in front of all the students.

He bring us to a lake separating us and the school. There is dozens and dozens of boats waiting for us. "Four to a boat! No more then four!", Hagrid bellows. Me, Harry, Ron and surprisingly Hermione much to Ron's dislike all clamber into one boat and sit down. We settle into a comfortable silence, each of us savoring the views. We get closer and suddenly I can see the castle in all its glory. I gaze up at it and can't help but feel a shiver down my spine. It's big and beautifully sculpted. I can just make out two bursts of light at either side of the entrance door and I can see candle flickers through each window.
"Wow", I hear Hermione say dreamily.
I look over to see Ron and Harry and most of the first years are as star struck as I am.

The boats draw into the castle grounds and slowly we each get out one by one. "It's beautiful isn't it", I whisper to Hermione. "It really is", she replies smiling.
Hagrid guides us through the massive doors and stops before an even bigger door.
"Right so I'll be leaving yeh here then. Professor McGonagall will meet you ere shortly. I'll see yehs all soon". He walks out.
"Bye Hagrid", we say together, waving as he walks off.

We stand there and I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up with anticipation. What if I'm not in the same house as Harry and Ron?
Then suddenly for the very first time today I spot Draco Malfoy, his blonde hair slicked back tightly and his robes neatly buttoned, I can barely spot a crease.
He's standing with three boys. One of them quite short and fat, the other more muscular and tall but just as ugly and then on the left side there is a dark skinned boy with black hair and dark brown eyes. He smiles at the corner of his mouth and that's when Draco sees me.
"Ah (Y/N). Good to see you. I was looking around for you on the train".
I suddenly go very stiff and lose my voice.
He looks at my friends surrounding me and then back at me.
"I see you were too busy hanging around these lot", Theres a hint of jealousy in his voice mixed with slight disgust.
"Hello Draco. These are my new friends. Ron, Harry and Hermione", I finally muster up enough confidence to speak.
He ignores me and averts his glance to Harry.
"Its true then, what they're saying on the train".
He steps closer to Harry so that they're face to face.
"Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts", he smirks.
"This is Crabbe" he points to the short fat boy.
"Goyle"  he turns to the slightly taller boy who forces a smile.
"And Blaise Zabini", he smiles charmingly at me ignoring Harry.
"And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy". Ron let's out a snigger and it's met by a piercing look from Malfoy. Draco seems a lot different to how he was when I first met him shopping for dress robes.
"Think my names funny do you?".
He looks Ron up and down.
"No need to ask for yours. Red hair and a hand me down robe. You must be a Weasley". Ron looks down at his feet sheepishly.
He turns once again to Harry.
"You'll soon find out, that some wizarding families are better then others Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there", he sticks out his pale white hand for Harry to shake and Harry stares at it.
I feel a rush of anger surge through my chest.
"Shut up Draco", I say my fists clenched.
"Well, well, well (Y/N). You of all people shouldn't be disagreeing with me".
I have no idea what he means by that and now I'm sinking in a pool of my own thoughts but before I can drown I hear Harry raise his voice.
"I think i can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks", he says smugly.
Draco removes his hand and purses his lips. He looks furious. He's about to open his mouth when a tall woman in emerald green robes and a pointy witch hat approaches behind him. Her eyes are framed with a tiny pair of circular spectacles that hang off the top of her nose. She looks quite strict at first but her eyes give her away, they are the same piercing green as Harry's and they are reassuring and bright.

Well here it goes I guess.  The moment I've been dreading. Time to get sorted.