Secrets

"Are you okay?", Hermione asks.
"I'm just tired", I lie as I throw more empty bottles into the basket.
We're all attempting to clean up, no one wanting to be the cause of more rage from Draco tomorrow morning.
"Are you sure? He's a right dick", Ron says from behind us.
"Yeah, my heads pounding though", I say trying to direct the conversation some place else.
Hermione and Ron had a kiss tonight during the game. If you ask me, it seemed a little too natural for them. Ive had my suspicions about them for a while now but that kiss just confirmed it.
"Blimey me too, It was fun though", Ron smirks, looking at Hermione.
"Mhm, I think some of us had a little too much fun", I giggle, glancing at them both.
"I don't know what you're insinuating but-", Hermione begins.
"Shush. No need. Your secrets safe with me", I grin.
They both look at each other and then at me, not knowing how to respond.
I laugh, then walk to the other side of the room to get more empty wine bottles, and dirty glasses.

In the kitchen, Mattheo and Theo are stocking up on snacks.
"Hungry?", I ask.
"We're about to smoke. You wanna join?", Mattheo asks.
"Nah, i'm tired. Thanks though", I shrug.
"You alright?", Theo asks.
"Yes I'm fine". Do I look upset or something?
"Cuntish move off Draco", Says Theo.
I don't know what to say so I say nothing.
I take the glasses to the sink.
"Right. Gonna smoke, then find somewhere to kip. If you change your mind come find us", Theo winks.
I laugh, "Thanks Theo".
"You coming mate?", He asks Mattheo, who hangs back.
"Yeah, in a minute", He says.
"I'll be outside", Theo says.
I wash the glasses with my back turned to him. I don't feel like talking.
"(Y/N), you can tell me if you're not okay.", He says, quietly.
"I'm fine. Can everyone stop fucking making assumptions", I snap.
Mattheo''s face falters.
"Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-", I say.
"It's okay. I understand. I shouldn't have said anything", He smiles lightly.
"No, you were being nice. I'm just a bitch", I sigh, drying my hands.
"You're not", He says firmly.
There's a weird silence between us.
"I should probably go", He says, finally.
"Oh, yeah of course".
He begins to walk away, then turns slightly, that classic Mattheo smirk on his face.
"For what it's worth. I enjoyed our kiss".
My cheeks flush.
Before I can respond he's gone.
What an odd fucking night.
I splash my face with water and head upstairs to my room.

I pace around in my room, thoughts racing. I think about going to Miones or Lunas room but I assume they're both occupied. Must be fucking nice. I lay on the bed and get up about a thousand times, until I finally decide to confront him. I couldn't give a shit if he's asleep. He embarrassed me in front of everyone and he can't just get away with it.
I race out of my door, the anger filling up in my body, adrenaline racing. I don't hesitate before twisting the doorknob.
I storm in and Draco is standing, wide awake, smoking out of his window. He also has no shirt on.
I did not think this through.
He turns around instantly, the cigarette still between his lips. He looks at me startled.
I don't know what to do or say now that i'm actually here.
"Is something wrong?", He asks. He appears calm
but then again you never know with Draco.
"Are you serious? Draco you embarrassed me in front of everyone", I say, my rage coming back.
I try my best not to let my eyes drop below his neck because I know i'll lose all sense of myself.
He stares at me, he looks anxious. I never usually see him like this.
"Are you gonna say something?", I shout.
"I don't know what to say", He gulps.
"Oh! Wow! That's great. Thanks a lot Malfoy. You've outdone yourself once again!", I say, words coming out like venom.
"You don't understand", He protests, running his hands through his stupidly perfect hair.
"I never do".
"(Y/N)", he looks at me helplessly.
There's a deep silence in which he seems to be elsewhere.
I stare at him during this time, wondering what's wrong with me. Am I not good enough for him? Does he find me unattractive? Why do I feel this way for him? Why didn't he just play the fucking game like everyone else? I feel a tear about to fall out of
confusion and frustration.
"Why wouldn't you kiss me Draco?", I say, desperation in my voice. It comes out in a whisper.
He walks towards me, sadness on his face.
"Oh, (Y/N), you really have no idea do you?", He says.
His hands are on my face, our eyes interlocked.
It happens so incredibly fast.
He moves in, and his lips are on mine and he feels electric, like everything good in this world. His hands are in my hair now and I feel like I need to hit myself to check if I'm dreaming. The kiss is soft and
gentle, but desperate. I feel as though I can't get enough of him. I want him. I need him.
He pulls away, breathing heavily.
"Draco I-".
He interrupts by kissing me once, softly on the forehead.
"I always wanted it to be special, If it were to ever happen", He explains.
I feel stupid .
"I never thought it would", He says sitting down.
I sit next to him.
"I knew if i was ever going to get the chance to kiss you, it would be a choice we both made. Not in some stupid game in a room full of people. (Y/N), you mean so much more to me then that", He says with his hand on mine.
I feel one hundred emotions at once.
Everything falls into place in my mind. The efforts he always went to for me, the petty fights. How long has he felt this way? How could he keep it a secret for so long?
"I never knew", I say in disbelief.
"Well, now you do".
"Draco?".
"Yes".
I don't know what to say or how to comprehend any of this, so I kiss him, and I hope that tells him all he needs to know.