Dumbledore's Army

Ever since the return to school after Christmas, things have gotten drastically worse. Professor Umbridge is becoming more powerful by the minute and Dumbledore isn't able to stop it this time as she's part of the ministry and the ministry overpowers all.
Not only has she been torturing and abusing students, there's rumour of her use of one of the unforgivable curses,  the "cruciatus curse".

It's a Friday night and i'm in the Gryffindor common room with Hermione, Harry and Ron. I was meant to be studying here with Mione but my mind is elsewhere.
Im trying to do DADA homework but Umbridge has stopped us using and learning defence spells in defence against the dark arts and I'm getting more frustrated by the minute.
Earlier today I saved a first year from her wrath. Molly Mcrawley, a slytherin first year that I know from around the common room was sitting outside her office and I asked her what she was doing there. When I found out she was awaiting punishment I placed a protection charm on Molly, which was then traced back to me. Umbridge is familiar with me by now as I've made her life a living hell over these past few weeks. She hasn't used the curse on me yet and i'm not sure why as she's had no trouble handing it out with no remorse to anyone else who gets in her way. Once she made sure I knew what a worthless piece of shit I am, she carved blood traitor into my hand. This seems to be her personal favourite form of abuse, "DIY tattoos", as the Weasley twins call them. It hurts when she does it, there's no denying that and it's embarrassing to have to carry around her mark everywhere I go. This isn't the first time i've had to bear it. Tonight for some reason, I can't get her ugly face out of my mind.
"We've got to stop this", I burst out, dropping my quill.
"Stop what?", Ron asks, barely lifting his head up from the Daily Prophet.
"Umbridge. Nobody's doing anything about it", I say.
"What can we do?", Harry says hopelessly.
"She's right. Look at this", Ron says holding up the daily prophet.
It reads, "Ministry seeks Educational reform".
"Says she's going to be reviewing all the Professors, replacing them when necessary", Ron explains.
"For fuck sake", Hermione sighs. Mione rarely curses. Harry looks taken aback.
"She's an evil bitch if i ever saw one. I don't know how Fudge can be so bloody stupid", Says Harry.
"We have to do something. Anything", I say.
"I agree, but what.", Ron says.
There's a silence as we all think.
"We need a teacher", Mione says quietly.
"If she's not going to teach us defensive spells...then we need someone who will", She eyes Harry cautiously.
"No way".
"You've got experience", She pleads.
"I can't.", He says defensively. "I don't know the first thing about teaching".
"This is a bloody brilliant idea", Ron says excitedly.
"I literally just said i'm not doing it. I don't know how to", Harry persists.
"Come on, how hard can it be?", I say.
"We've got to do this. For Dumbledore. The ministry is against him now more than ever. Do it for us. For everyone. We need to learn how to defend ourselves in some shape or form", Mione says.
Harry looks as though he doesn't know what to say.
"Please", Ron begs.
He sighs deeply as he looks at all three of our pleading faces.
"Fine", He says after a long silence.
"YES!", Ron says punching the air triumphantly.
Harry looks terrified.
"Look, we've all got experience fighting. We'll help you. You're never alone", I squeeze his hand gently.
His gaze softens. "Thank you", He says.
"Right so, we need to recruit people first. We'll hold a meeting.", Mione begins organising.
"Ron you tell as many people as possible, Mione you find somewhere where we can meet and get people to sign up, Harry you try and come up with some sort of speech to convince people to join us.", I say.
"What are you going to do?".
"I'm going to find us somewhere to hold the meetings. Somewhere we won't be found and somewhere we can practice freely.".
"You going to invite your Slytherin friends?", Ron asks.
"I'll invite as many as I can. I'm going to have to be careful who i mention it to. Don't want any baby death eaters running to Umbridge".
"Are you sure you should invite them at all?", Harry asks nervously.
I choose not to take offence to this.
"Why wouldn't I? Everybody knows we're the best at defensive spells", I grin.
Hermione chuckles. "Oh piss off", Ron says rolling his eyes but Harry just laughs. "As long as you're certain none of them will turn us in", He says.
"I will be".
"We need a name", Hermione says suddenly.
"Huh?".
"A name. So people know what we're recruiting them to".
"Harrys lessons", Ron says.
"Merlin, no that's sounds awful", I say.
"Harrys Defence?", Mione suggest.
"Why does my name have to be in it? We're not doing this for me. We're doing it for Dumbledore.", Harry protests.
"That's it!", I shout.
"What?".
"Dumbledores army", I say.
They think for a moment.
"Mhm.", Ron mutters. "I like it".
"Me too", Harry nods.
"From now on, we refer to ourselves as Dumbledores Army", Hermione smiles, looking at me with a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

Later that night I decide to head back to my own common room.
Draco, Blaise and Luna are sitting around on the couch. Luna is making a beaded bracelet while the two boys play a game of wizard chess.
"Great! You're all here", I say.
"What's up?", Draco asks.
I look around the common room. It's just us.
I begin to explain everything to them.
"I like the idea. I hate that bitch Umbridge more than anyone. She keeps fucking picking on Luna", Blaise says.
"I'm in. I'll start spreading the word in the Ravenclaw common room", Luna says, a determined look on her face.
That just leaves Draco.
"I don't think it's a good idea", He says quietly.
"What?".
"I said, I don't think it's a good idea. It's dangerous.", He looks at me with a stern face.
"The longer we sit back and do nothing the more dangerous it gets", I say, frustrated.
"You don't know what she's capable of.".
"Neither do you. Unless there's something you know that I don't".
"(Y/N), you don't know what any of these people are capable of. She's clearly working for you know who".
"No shit. We already know that. That's why we need to fight back as soon as possible.", My voice is raising now. Why is he being such a dick about this?
"Can you please just listen to me for once? This won't end well I promise you. Run to your little Gryffindor friends and tell them it's not happening. I won't allow it.", He says firmly.
"Oh christ...", Blaise whispers.
"Maybe we should talk about this t-", Luna begins.
"It's always listen to you Draco isn't it", I snap. "You don't listen to anyone else. I'm doing this with or without your help. So choose now who's side you want to be on.".
"Ours", I point to me, Blaise and Luna. "Or theirs", I say holding up my hand to his face. The scar unsettles him, I know this.
He flinches, "That is exactly why I don't want you doing this", He says pointing feebly to the scar.
"Oh stop. Don't be a martyr. This isn't just about me. It's all of us. We're all at risk. I'm asking you to help us stop it. Why don't you want that?".
"I'm not being a fucking martyr. I'm trying to make you see sense. This won't fix anything. You don't know the extent of what's happening.", He sighs.
"I never do because you never fucking tell me! What are you hiding? Is there something I should know. Is it your father? How long are you going to stay afraid of him", I ask, without thinking.
The mention of his father is enough to send him over the edge.
"FUCK YOU! I'm done with this fucking conversation". He says and he flees up the stairs.
"Just let him go", Blaise says pleadingly.
"No. He always fucking runs away. Not this time", I say and I whip out my wand, "CARPE RETRACTUM!", I shout, pulling him towards me forcefully.
"EXPELLIARMUS!", I shout as he turns towards me, his wand raised ready to fight.
"I know it's a bad time to say it but that was impressive". Luna says.
"Agreed", Blaise whispers.
"WHAT THE FUCK (Y/N)!".
He stands there, unarmed and defenceless.
"I'm not going to fight you Draco. We're going to talk this out. Luna and Blaise, I love you but-"
"Message received", Blaise says as he and Luna exit immediately.
Its just me and Draco now, and I'm going to find out whats going on...one way or another.