Breakfast

"What the fuck is wrong with you?", He shouts.
"What's wrong with me? I could ask you the same thing.", I shout back.
"Look (Y/N). You do what you want, I couldn't give two shits".
"From where i'm standing it seems like you do. You can't stop me from forming this army Draco".
"You're right, I can't. But Umbridge can".
"Your point?", I say, frustration building rapidly.
"You're so clueless", He sighs.
"It's not my fault you tell me fucking nothing!", I cry.
"I've told you it's dangerous. Is that not enough for you?".
"You won't explain why it's dangerous, so no. It's not. I'm sick of you keeping secrets from me. It's not healthy".
"(Y/N)", He says, taking a deep breath in. "There are some things I can't tell you. But i'm telling you this, this little army of yours is not a good idea. It will NOT end well.", He says sternly.
"Don't you want to fight back? After everything she's done? It's not just her Draco, there's hundreds of death eaters out there and...", I pause. "Voldemort himself is growing stronger by the minute, I can feel it. I will not stand back and do nothing!".
"(Y/N), i'm not asking you to do nothing. I'm asking you to take a step back and think about this. Please".
I look at him.
I cant fight the rage inside of me. It's rising and rising and flooding my mind like hot lava.
"You're a coward Draco Malfoy", I say fierce fully.
I wait for him to retaliate. I want him to. I want him to shout at me and tell me he's not but he remains quiet.
He says nothing. His face is blank.
"Goodnight", I say after an uncomfortable silence, and head up to my dorm room, where i sink under the sheets and cry myself to sleep.

Draco's POV:
She's right.
I am a coward, always have been. But fuck did it hurt to hear her say it. If only she knew what I knew. If my father found me participating in anti death eater organisations he'd murder me instantly, or better yet have the Dark Lord do it for him. I know Umbridge is a death eater, she knows it too. What she doesn't know is what will happen if Dumbledores army is discovered. I don't want her involved, my father will forbid me to see her and never allow her into his house again. I cant let my parents image of me falter or else i'm better off dead. I know what is yet to come and it pains me that I can't fight with her, by her side. The worst is yet to come for Hogwarts and for me, it's already started. Ever since I was born my names been down on that list. I'm not naive, I know what will happen and no matter how much I try to drown the thought out, it's always there, waiting for me in the back of my mind, making sure i'm never truly happy.

(Y/N)'s POV:
Awakening the next morning is painful. My eyes are tired from crying and my head is pounding. I avoid Draco at breakfast and head straight to the trio.
"Morning", I mumble.
"You look dreadful", Ron says without a second thought.
"Blimey. Thanks Ronald", I sigh.
Hermione elbows him hard in his ribs.
"OW! Sorry I didn't mean to say it out loud", He apologises. Hermione elbows him again.
"OW! Can you piss off please!".
"You're such a dick. You look fine (Y/N). Just tired", Mione says.
"I feel tired", I say.
"Everything alright?", Harry asks, looking up from his newspaper.
"Got into a fight with Draco about Dumbledores Army", I shrug. "On the up side, Blaise and Luna are happy to join and help recruit".
"Shit. Is he planning on snitching?", Ron asks.
"Doubt it. He knows I'd cut his balls off if he did. I already disarmed him in the common room last night and shouted at him for half an hour", I chuckle half heartedly.
"Bloody hell", Ron laughs.
"I don't know if I should be impressed or scared.", Harry grins.
"Both.", I joke.
"So what? He won't join?", Mione asks.
"Yes, and he's determined I won't either.".
"Bollocks", Ron says suddenly.
"Ronald!", Mione tuts.
"Of course you're joining. I mean you helped found it", Ron says.
"I agree", Harry nods. "You've got to join. That was part of the deal remember. You've got to help me teach".
"I know. Im a woman of my word. Plus, i want to fight. We need to. I won't let him tell me what to do regardless if we're snogging or not-", I say without a second thought.
I look at them, three stunned faces staring at me, mouths wide open in shock.
"Shit", I clap my hand over my mouth.
"SNOGGING?", Ron shouts.
"I knew it!", Mione says triumphantly.
"You and Malfoy?", Harry says quietly.
"I'm so stupid. We were trying to keep it quiet. I'm such a fucking idiot", I hang my head in shame.
"Bloody hell. You sneaky bitch", Ron grins.
"You seriously didn't see that one coming? Aren't you the one who's been abusing her with snogging jokes for the past five years", Hermione snorts.
"I always had my suspicions but you know, it was always something i never thought would actually happen, despite bullying her about it for years", Ron explains.
"Woah, woah, woah. So you're telling me all of that was just for fun?", I say, astonished.
"Yep. But hey! I was right. Im going to tell Professor Trelwaney one of my visions came true, bet she'll mark me up next exam. See Mione? It all works out in the end.", He laughs.
Hermione kicks him under the table.
"MERLINS SAGGY TITS OW! This hitting and kicking has got to stop. Bloody abuse!", He says cradling his knee like it's a newborn baby.
"How long?", Harrys asks, not laughing at Ron or seeming amused in the slightest.
"It happened at the party. You know, at Christmas".
"What? I thought he refused to kiss you", Harry says, confused.
"He did. But afterwards, he explained to me he wanted our first kiss to be special, not in some childish game", I explain, not noticing the smile tugging at my lips.
"That's so sweet!", Hermione squeals.
"Who would have known that insufferable git had a heart of gold", Ron sniffs.
"So you're saying our kiss was childish?", Harry says out of nowhere.
I stare at him.
"What?", I say, not sure what else I can say.
"Forget it", He says, throwing his paper on the table and getting up to leave.
I sit there in stunned silence.
"(Y/N), i'm not sure if you're aware of the monstrous crush Harry has on you but that's probably what caused him to act like such a wanker just then", Ron explains matter of factly.
"She knows", Hermione says.
"You do?".
"He told me himself. I'm such a bitch", I groan.
"When was this? And how come I wasn't informed. You", Ron says pointing at Hermione menacingly with a fork.
"It wasn't a big deal. I knew nothing would come of it", She shrugs.
"You did?", I ask.
"Yes", She laughs, making me feel silly. "I love Harry and i want him to be happy, i truly do. But it's always been you and Draco. Everyone with a brain knows that. He should've too.", She says.
"Now that i think about, she's right. You and him were always inseparable", Ron says thoughtfully, then continues munching away on his toast.
"Im not sure I know what you mean", I say.
"Come on (Y/N). I think if it was going to be anyone, it was always going to be Draco. Always", Hermione says, a mysterious smile on her face. I ignore her and begin eating my breakfast but her words ring through my head for the rest of the day.