The Killing Curse

"Where the bloody hell are we?", Ron groans, getting up from the floor.
I look around. In the middle of the dark room there's a doorway, with a see through veil in the center.
It appears to be whispering something. I step
closer to it.
"Those voices...what are they saying?", Harry murmurs, staring at the whispering veil.
"There aren't any voices Harry. Can we just get out of here?", Mione says.
"No, I can hear them too", I say, confused but mesmerised.
She looks at us both, a concerned look on her face.
"It's just an empty archway (Y/N)", Draco says, taking a hold of my hand.
"Can we please leave?", Mione persists.
Before any of us can answer, a gust of black wind cuts through the air.
"GET BEHIND ME!", Harry shouts.
Suddenly everything goes dark and I feel a hand grab me from behind.
A death eater holds his wand firmly against my neck.
When the air is clear again I see Harry standing in the middle of all of us. Neville, Luna, Ginny, Hermione, Ron, Blaise and Draco are also being held captive.
I try and wriggle my way out of his grip but I cant do anything.
Lucius Malfoy begins to step towards Harry, laughing evilly.
"Did you actually believe, or were you truly naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us?", He begins.
I look over at Draco, who seems to be frozen, not even trying to break free from the death eaters grip as he watches his Father interrogate Harry.
Lucius holds his hand out.
"I'll make this simple for you Potter. Give me the prophecy now...or watch your friends die".
"Don't give it to him Harry!", Neville shouts out as Bellatrix restrains him.
I shake my head at him as he stares at us, motionless.
The silence seems to go on forever until Harry reluctantly hands over the prophecy.
Lucius grins as thunder rumbles in the distance.
Sirius appears behind Lucius. I gasp in shock.
Lucius turns around, looking frightened for the first time as he faces Sirius Black.
"Get away from my godson", He utters and with one fatal punch, Lucius hits the floor and the battle begins as other members of the Order of the Phoenix begin to appear. Tonks and Shackebolt appear in the corner of the room and then Professor Lupin.
The death eaters suddenly begin to evaporate from behind us.
I rush up to Sirius who pulls me behind a piece of rock.
"(Y/N)", He says frantically, "You should not be here."
"I know I'm sorry. For everything Sirius", I begin.
"I know (Y/N), I know. But we can talk about that later. Right now you lot need to leave", He says.
Harry, whose been firing shots at death eaters overhears and interrupts.
"What? We're not leaving. We're going to fight with you!", He protests.
"We can't leave now Sirius", I agree.
"Listen to me. You must take the others and get out of here now. You've both done beautifully. Let us take it from here", Sirius says and before I can respond Lucius is back firing shots at him.
"BOMBARDA!", I shout at the death eater beside Lucius.
"DIFFINDO!", I hear Harry scream.
Sirius continues to fire at Lucius until he's too weak to fight. "Nice one!", Harry shouts and for a moment I think we've won.
I freeze and out of the corner of my eye I see Bellatrix and then my vision begins to blur as I see the flash of green light heading out of her wand and towards Sirius.
"AVADA KEDAVRA!", She screams and I feel it echo inside me as he collapses to the ground.
This isn't happening. Sirius can't die. He can't.
I see him falling in slow motion, being sucked into the veil, a sad smile on his face as he stares at me and then he's gone. Just like that.
Lupin grabs Harry who is screaming now. I can feel his screams inside my head bouncing off the walls.
I step backwards, ready to fall but Draco steps out from the other side of the room and catches me in his arms. I can hear him trying to talk to me but it sounds muffled and quiet.
There's nothing he can say or do that will make me feel okay.
I spot Bellatrix creeping away in the corner. I won't let her get away.
I break free from Dracos grips and run after Bellatrix who is chanting proudly, "I killed Sirius Black!".
I fire at her and she hits the ground.
"YOU EVIL BITCH!", I shout and I fire expelliarmus at her, instantly disarming her and leaving her vulnerable.
I could kill her right now if I wanted to.
"Do it", A voice whispers in my ear.
I turn around and see Harry on the floor, in pain, Voldemort standing over him.
He looks even more terrifying then before. "We meet again (Y/N)".
"Step away from the student", A voice booms.
It's Dumbledore.
"It was foolish of you to come here tonight Tom", He says calmly.
"The Orders are on their way".
"By which time I shall be gone and you...shall be dead", Voldemort says, raising his wand and preparing to fight.
The others rush over to Harry who is shaking on the floor and I turn around to see Bellatrix trying to escape through the ministry floo powder network.
"I won't let her get away", repeats in my head.
I hear Draco call out after me but I keep running towards her and I manage to grab hold of her as she passes through the fireplace.
She screams as I hold onto her tightly.
Suddenly we stand outside of the Ministry, in the cold London air. It's dark and deserted.
"I won't let you get away with this", I say, pointing my wand at her.
"What are you gonna do darling? You gonna kill me?", She trembles like a mad woman.
"I'm going to make sure you never harm anyone I love ever again".
For the first time ever I see fear in her face.
She laughs weakly, and I see her turn to try and run.
I feel the anger rise inside of me and I feel how overpowering it is. I think of Sirius, my Uncle who i'll never get to know because of her. I think of Neville's parents, brutally tortured into insanity.
I think of everything unfair that's happened this year and I think back to Cedric, who was murdered for no reason.
I look at her and she becomes all of my worst thoughts.
I raise my wand.
My hand doesn't tremble.
My mind doesn't hesitate.
I shout those forbidden words as clear as I possibly can.
"Avada Kedavra!".