Tension

We arrive at Hogwarts for another year. I wish i could say i was still as excited as i used to be but with everything that's happened i find it hard to look forward to another daunting year. I aim to stay out of any trouble...If i can.

The sorting gets worse each year in my opinion. If you're not the one actually being sorted it's quite boring.
I glance over at Blaise whose eyes are shut, i laugh and then realise i look like an insane person so i stop immediately. "I hope no one saw that", i think to myself.

Dracos POV:
When does this bloody sorting ceremony end?
You'd think after all these years Hogwarts would've come up with a faster process.
Blaise has gone out like a light and i don't blame him. I hear a familiar laugh from our table. It's (Y/N). I smile to myself as i watch her. Her laugh is so beautiful. It's so unfair how mesmerising she is. I hope she doesn't see me looking. She stops laughing suddenly.
"Fuck", i think to myself.
I hope she didn't see me.

(Y/N)s POV:
Dinner begins and i've never been happier to see food in my life.
I look up at the staff table and Dumbledore winks at me. I smile back. I hope we get a chance to talk this year.
"Fucking hell i feel like death", Blaise yawns.
"At least you slept", says Draco.
"Oh christ", i say keeping my head down.
"What?", Draco asks.
"Fuck fuck fuck", i say.
"Why are you cursing so much fucking hell", Blaise says.
From the corner of my eye i see Cedric making his way over to me. Maybe if i ignore him he'll go away.
"(Y/N)!", Cedric says cheerfully.
I almost choke on my chicken.
"Cedric! What are you doing here?",i say stupidly.
"I go to school here you know", he laughs.
"I mean...what are you doing at the slytherin table?", i say quickly.
"Yes, what are you doing at the slytherin table?", Draco interrupts.
I shoot him an angry look.
"Cedric this is Draco and Blaise, my best friends", i smile.
"Malfoy. Draco Malfoy", Draco forces a smile.
"Oh i know", Cedric says eyeing him up.
"Hufflepuff right?", Blaise says shaking his hand vigorously.
"Indeed", Cedric responds but his eyes are still on Draco.
"I just wanted to welcome you to Hogwarts again", He turns to me.
"That's so nice of you", i say, flattered.
"I know you're not a first year, but if you need help with anything, any work or anything at all i'm happy to help", says Cedric. My heart skips a beat.
"I'll definitely take you up on that offer. How about we meet up later in the library?", I suggest.
"Perfect. I'll send you an owl", he grins.
"See you later", i smile.

Dracos POV:
Of course smug little Cedric had to come along and interrupt.
I know him well, he's been crowned best looking boy in the school since he stepped foot in Hogwarts. Personally i don't see it.
So now there's three boys after (Y/N) if you don't include Potter and Weasley. Idiots.
I don't like the way she was smiling at him, the same way she smiles at me.
What the fuck is wrong with me? She's my friend.
Exactly she's my friend...so as a good friend must protect her from these boys. I mean what kind of ulterior motives do they have?
What kind of friend would i be if i didn't?

Blaises POV:
The tables gone incredibly quiet since that Cedric boy came over. He sounded really nice but he seems to have struck a nerve with Draco whose fork is now
piercing his chicken like a murder victim.
"You alright mate?", i ask.
"Of course", he says hastily.
"Anyone want to come with me tonight to meet Cedric?", (Y/N) asks.
"Pft. I don't think he would appreciate that", Draco laughs.
"What?", says (Y/N).
I don't know how she hasn't realised it yet. It's so painfully obvious.
"Oh you know, he wants some alone time", Draco rolls his eyes.
"Excuse me? Why do you assume every boy whose nice to me wants to seduce me or something?", she stares at him angrily.
"Because that's exactly what Draco wants to do", I say in my head and accidentally let out a laugh.
"You think this is funny Blaise?", Draco turns to me.
For fuck sake.
"Will you both just shut up so we can enjoy our meal? Argue later when i'm in bed for fuck sake", i say a little louder then i intended.
The table goes quiet for a moment.
"Sorry Blaise", (Y/N) mumbles.
"Sorry", Draco says reluctantly.
Peace at last.

(Y/N)s POV:
Still no owl from Cedric and it's getting later and later. I feel a tinge of disappointment as i sit in the common room with Draco and Blaise.
"Why the sad face?", Blaise asks. He always notices i'm upset even when no one else does.
"It's nothing", i grin weakly.
"No it's not", he says.
I sigh, "I just thought Cedric would have written by now", I admit.
"Maybe he's just busy. Don't stress it too much love if he doesn't want to hang out with you he's bloody stupid", Blaise says squeezing my arm.
"Thanks Blaise", i say gratefully.
"You're right. I don't know why i even care".
"I know why", Draco rolls his eyes for the millionth time today.
"Draco why are you being such a little bitch today?", I say in a serious tone.
Blaise bursts out laughing. "Fuck you", he responds as Blaise continues to laugh.
"Both of you", Draco snarls getting up and leaving to go to his dorm.
"Merlins beard, why is he so sensitive all of a sudden?", i ask Blaise who thinks for a moment.
"I'm sure he'll let us know soon", Blaise sighs.
What does that even mean?
I get back to reading my book but i can barely concentrate. So far today i've gotten stood up by Cedric and then pissed off Draco.
I can tell this year is going to be great.

A/N:
Hey! So i started putting in POVS to spice things up a bit let me know if i should keep doing them or stop. They're really fun to do but i'm not sure if you guys will like them. Anyways, thank you so much to everyone for reading and supporting it means so much and i'm so glad you enjoy this fanfic.
P.S: next chapter will be...let's just say interesting...