The Yule Ball (pt.2)

Cedric has a tight grip on my hand as we follow McGonagall through the crowd.
"You okay?", He whispers.
Before i can respond McGonagall is shouting at all of the couples. "Come along, this way!", She shouts.
I steal a glance at Harry who is nervously fidgeting with his tie and Hermione who is blushing at something Krum has just whispered in her ear.
Harry sees me looking around and winks awkwardly at me. It's cute in a weird sort of way.
"Form a line please!", McGonagall instructs.
Fleur and her date Roger Davies from Ravenclaw go first, Krum and Mione follow, then me and Cedric and Harry and Parvati.
I breathe in deeply.
"You will walk onto the dance floor before everyone else and have the first dance of the night. After that you are free to do as you wish. Good luck.", She says, a grin tugging at her lips.
Cedric notices the tension in my body and squeezes my hand reassuringly.
"It'll be over soon", He whispers.
Suddenly, a trumpet is heard and traditional music begins as we are being shooed by Mcgonagall onto the floor.
"GO!", She shouts impatiently.
We walk, one by one through the pathway created by our fellow students.
The music sends shivers up my spine as people begin to clap for us.
"GO ON (Y/N)!", Blaise shouts. Mattheo and Theo whistle immaturely as i walk by and i can't help but grin.
We end up walking one by one onto the dance floor in our couples. The music has stopped now and Professor Flitwick is orchestrating the choir.
Within a few seconds a new piece of music is playing and i get the impression this is when we are supposed to start dancing.
"Take my waist!", I hear Parvati whisper to Harry frustratedly.
"You what?", He whispers back. I look at Cedric who has now got into dancing position, his hand on my waist and my hands on his shoulders, and we both laugh.
I follow his lead and unexpectedly, he's actually really good.
We move swiftly to the music and he twirls me around elegantly, keeping a firm grip on my waist.
Before i know it, teachers and students are joining the dance floor and the attention is no longer on us. I let out a sigh of relief as we dance slower.
"See? That wasn't so bad", Cedric says.
"It was actually kind of fun", I smile.
He kisses me gently and we dance over to the side to get drinks.
I pick up a glass of what looks like pumpkin juice.
"Do you want something a bit stronger?", Cedric asks, a mischievous look in his eye.
"Why not?", I say. The night feels hopeful, like anything could happen.
"I'll go and see if Fred and George can sort something. Will you be alright here on your own? I could be a while. You know how Fred and George get once they start drinking", he says.
"Don't worry. Go, Have fun. I'll be around here when you come back", I smile.
He kisses my forehead and off he goes. Once again, I'm alone.

I sit down on the side of the great hall and discard my pumpkin juice.
Harry and Ron walk over to me looking defeated. They slump into a chair on either side of me.
"Merlin, not having a good night?", I ask.
"I'm just tired and bored", Harry sighs.
"Where's your dates?", I ask.
Harry shrugs, unbothered.
"Did you know about this?", Ron asks, pointing to where Hermione and Viktor are dancing.
"Excuse me?".
"Krum and Mione?".
"I might have", I admit.
"I can't believe she didn't tell me", He says.
"I'm pretty sure she had her reasons", I say.
"Like what?", He asks.
"Why do you care anyway?", I raise my eyebrows at him.
"He's way too old for her!", He protests.
"He's the same age as Cedric", I argue.
"Well, that's different", Ron says.
"How on earth is that different?", I ask.
"Because Ron has a crush on Hermione and it's painfully obvious", Harry rolls his eyes.
"WHAT?", Ron screams.
"It is quite suspicious", I say.
"I'm just worried about her! Like any normal friend would be!", He says angrily.
"Keep telling yourself that", Harry laughs.
"I can't believe this!", Ron shouts.
"Man up and talk to her about how you feel or say nothing at all", I say.
"I don't have feelings for her!", He says.
"Right", I say.
Hermione begins to walk toward us, clearly oblivious of the whole situation.
She looks like she's having a great night.
"Hey guys", She grins.
"Hello gorgeous", I smile.
"Isn't the ball wonderful? Viktors just gone to get us some punch.", She says.
"Care to join us?".
"No", Ron says suddenly. "We would not care to join you and Viktor".
"What's gotten your wand in a knot?", She asks.
"He's a Durmstrang! You're fraternising with the enemy!", Ron says.
Harry looks entirely amused by this comment.
"The enemy? Are you for real? Who was it wanting his autograph?", She says, shocked.
Ron rolls his eyes.
"The whole point of the tournament is International, Magical, Cooperation. To make friends", Hermione says matter of factly.
"I think he's got a bit more than friendship on his mind", Ron laughs.
"Fuck you Ronald", Hermione says and she storms off.
"Mione!", I shout following her.
"I'm fine!", She says, brushing me off.
"Talk to me!", I say.
"I don't want to talk! Just leave me alone", She shouts.
I stand there startled. Hermione has never shouted at me before.
I return to Harry and Ron.
"What the fuck was that?", I ask.
"Think Ron had a bit of a meltdown", Harry grins.
"You're not helping Harry!", I snap.
He sits up in his seat.
"You had no right talking to her like that.", I turn to Ron.
He stares at me, about to open his mouth to argue.
"No you listen to me. I don't know what this is really about. If you're just being a prick tonight or if you do have feelings for Hermione. But either way you have right to take it out on her! Sort your shit out and then talk to her like a normal human being", I say.
Ron looks at me, dumbfounded.
"And as for you Harry", I begin. "Have some human decency and go and find your date. Apologise and ask her to fucking dance with you even though she'll probably say no now that you've been a complete dick and ditched her on Christmas fucking day to go and sulk in the corner with your boyfriend". He looks at me as if lost for words.
I sigh and turn away to go and sit somewhere else.

"Bloody hell", Blaise says as i explain to him what happened.
"They're acting like 10 year olds", I sigh.
"You're quite scary sometimes you know.", He says.
I roll my eyes.
"Where's Draco?", I ask.
"Probably with Pansy".
My stomach churns.
"Why the fuck is he with Pansy?".
"Well, he did take her as his date. He told you this", Blaise explains.
"I didn't think he'd actually go with her", I say angrily.
"Come on (Y/N). You can't expect him to come alone. What did you want him to do? Stay in his dorm room all night sulking?", Blaise says.
My cheeks flush red and i feel a pang of guilt.
"No...I just don't like Pansy, you know this", I defend myself weakly.
"Neither do i. Especially after all she's done to both of you. But he deserves to have fun tonight of all nights", Blaise sighs.
"What do you mean?", I ask.
"Nothing. I just think he deserves it", Blaise says sipping his drink nervously.
"Blaise...", I begin but i'm interrupted by a shrill voice that can only belong to one person.
"(Y/N)!", Pansy says in the most fake voice i have ever heard.
Draco tails along behind her.
I ignore her. I haven't forgotten that she is the cause of what happened to me that night in the bathroom. Although Blaise reminds me she never meant for that to happen, she just wanted to scare me, I will never forgive her for putting me in that situation. Right now, as i stare at them, i have an overflowing hatred for both of them. Does Pansy even know what happened to me? Does she know how badly her colossal plan failed? I bet she doesn't.
"Pansy", Blaise nods his head formally.
Pansy stumbles over to sit beside us.
"Have you been drinking?", Blaise asks.
"Just a smidge", She grins. She has red lipstick on her two front teeth. I let out a laugh. She looks at me with daggers for eyes.
"Amused, are we?", She asks, trying to be intimidating but it's hard when she looks so stupid.
I stare at her blankly. "You've got shit on your teeth", I say, emotionless. Blaise chuckles loudly and Draco tries to hide his grin.
"Maybe red lipstick wasn't the way to go?", I say.
"For fuck sake", Blaise whispers.
Pansy looks horrified. "Who the fuck do you think you are?", She spits.
"Pansy", Draco begins.
"No, you shut up", She interrupts, snapping her fingers at him.
Blaise snorts.
"You take me here as your fucking date and then practically ignore me all night", She slurs her words.
"Pansy, I told you i was taking you here with no strings attached", Draco explains.
"You're full of shit!", She raises her voice.
"You put a fucking love spell on me Pansy. Do you expect me to just forget that?", Draco shouts.
Pansy begins to tear up. "You're a fucking arsehole", She sobs.
I smile to myself. I don't feel an ounce of pity for her.
"Remember what i told you Pansy. At the after party?", I begin.
She wipes her face.
I get up slowly and whisper in her ear.
"Do you believe me now?".
She runs off crying and cursing to herself.
"Holy fuck", Draco puts his head in his hands.
"What did you say?", Blaise asks.
"Nothing", I say, innocently.
"I warned you", Blaise says to Draco.
"Mate this night has been shocking so far", He sighs.
He doesn't even acknowledge my presence. Now that my other source of anger is gone, it hits me suddenly full force how enraged i am at Draco.
"After everything she's done", I say.
"What?".
"I mean...", I choke.
I won't cry. I will not cry.
"Everything that happened to me, happened because of her. And you bring her here for what? Just so you don't have to go alone? Are you that fucking insecure?", I shout.
"Where the fuck is this coming from?", He asks.
"Fuck you Malfoy", I say.
I'm so angry that i could scream.
I take off my stupid fucking heels and carry them in my hands as i walk away.

I end up leaning against the wall of the great hall steps.
I'd give anything to be 11 again.
The day i got that Hogwarts letter, i was so excited.
I don't think i'll ever be that happy again.
And now, i barely speak to my parents, I have nightmares every night, my friendships are fucked and my boyfriend has to look after me like a little child. 
As if he can read my mind he appears in front of me.
"I'm so sorry", He says, out of breath.
"Fred and George were really drunk and George was getting sick so we had to bring him back to his dorm and get him changed and give him water and-", I interrupt him by giving him a kiss.
"You're not mad at me?", He asks.
I stare into his beautiful bright eyes, an overwhelming feeling of love inside me.
"Never", I smile gently.
"I love you so much", He says.
"I love you too. Truly", I say as i lean my head on his shoulder. He makes me feel so safe. He's the only person who never makes me angry, or upset.
"Fuck. I completely forgot about the drinks", He curses.
"Don't worry about it. I'm actually kind of tired", I yawn.
"Shall we go to my dorm for a bit?", He asks.
"Yes, i'd like that", I say.
"Come on then love", He says, helping me up.
My life might be pretty shit at the moment, but with Cedric by my side, I feel infinite.