The Goblet of Fire

Cedric is sitting at the end of my bed, his hand resting on my cheek and i can feel his breath on my skin.
"You're perfect (Y/N)", he whispers softly.
He leans in closer, moving his hands through my hair and with no warning his soft lips crash into mine..
"(Y/N)!", a voice shouts.
I jolt up out of bed.
"CEDRIC!", i shout, half asleep.
"Um, no. Sorry to disappoint but this is Blaise here", Blaise says sitting on the edge of my bed in the exact place Cedric was in my dream.
Why the fuck am i dreaming about Cedric?
"God since when do you have a debilitating crush on Diggory", Blaise laughs.
"I don't! I just had a stupid dream that's all", i sigh, sinking back into my bed.
"Bullshit! I've had a lot of stupid dreams but none of them include Cedric Diggory", he rolls his eyes.
"Why are you in here anyway you perv", i question.
"To wake you up moody pants. You're going to miss breakfast", he grabs my hand and drags me out of bed.
"Give me five minutes i'll be down", i say.
"Okay Ms.Diggory", he laughs.
"Blaise. Please don't tell Draco about this", i plead.
"You're secrets safe with me. Besides he'd just get all jealous and then take it out on me", Blaise rolls his eyes and leaves.
Jealous?
Why would Draco Malfoy be jealous over me?

I sit at the breakfast table to see not only Blaise and Draco but Theodore and Mattheo too.
"Morning gorgeous", Mattheo chimes.
"Hey", i smile, sitting down.
"How did you sleep?", Theo asks.
"Good", i say.
"More then good id say", Blaise snorts.
"Blaise please shut up", i say.
I glance at Draco who seems unbothered.
"You're feisty this morning", Theo says.
"Not just this morning", i grin.
Draco rolls his eyes.
"Look who it is", Blaise says pointing to behind me.
"Oh no".
"(Y/N)", Cedrics voice appears.
"Hi Cedric", I grin.
"You guys don't mind if i steal her for a moment do you?", he asks the table.
"Only if i'm next", Mattheo jokes and Blaise kicks him under the table.
"Disgusting", Draco mutters.

I walk off with Cedric into the corridor.
"I just wanted to ask you why you never showed last night?", he says shuffling his feet backwards and forwards.
"What do you mean? I assumed you didn't want to meet anymore?", i say confused.
"Why did you think that?".
"Well, you didn't send me an owl so i...", i begin.
"What? (Y/N) i can assure you i most definitely did send you an owl. I was really looking forward to meeting you", he says.
"Me too, i was quite disappointed actually", i blush.  He smiles as he looks me up and down.
"You really are adorable you know?", He laughs.
"Am i?", i question.
I can feel warmth spreading through my body like wildfire.
"Would i lie to you?", he smirks.
"I don't think you're capable of lying", i admit.
"Exactly. So what do you think happened to the owl then? I addressed it to your common room", Cedric says.
"I'm not sure. I hope no one took it", i say.
"How about this? Meet tonight at 7pm at the library. That way i don't have to send you an owl and it can't get lost again.", he says.
"Sounds perfect", I smile.
"I look forward to it", he winks.

I sit back down at my tables, an absent minded smile spread across my face.
"Is he a good shagger then?", Theo laughs.
Blaise kicks him under the table again.
"OW!".
"Don't talk to her like that mate", he says firmly.
"Alright, alright. Just a bit of banter", he says.
"So what did lovely Cedric want?", Mattheo asks.
"Just wanted to talk. He sent me an owl last night but someone must have taken it so we're just going to meet tonight instead", i say.
"Someone took it?", Blaise asks.
"Must've. Owls never deliver to the wrong place unless they're bewitched", I explain.
"Smart creatures, owls", Mattheo says.
"True", i nod.
"Who do you think took it?", Draco asks. He's been incredibly quiet all morning.
"Probably some first year who has a crush on Cedric", i roll my eyes.
"It's me! I'm the one with the crush on Cedric!", Theo exclaims.
"Thought so", i laugh.

"Good morning students!", Dumbledore bellows.
"Christ", Blaise jumps.
"I have exciting news", He says his eyes travelling the hall.
"As some of you may be aware, this castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well!", he begins.
Confused looks and whispers travel the room.
"You see, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event! The Triwizard tournament!", he shouts excitedly.
"Sounds wicked", The boys whisper.
"For those of you who don't know, the Triwizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. For each school a single student is chosen to compete".
"Only one?", Someone shouts.
"Now let me be clear", his tone changes. "If chosen, you stand alone...and trust me when i say these contests are not for the faint hearted", he looks around the room.
"But more of that later! For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons academy of magic!". The door to the great hall swings open.
"And the headmistress Madame Maxine!".
A swarm of the most beautiful, elegant girls i have ever seen fly through the doors. They move with inexplicable grace and wear silky blue dresses that sway as they walk. Some of the boys whistle at them and some ( including Harry and Ron ) almost fall out of their chairs.
"Bloody hell", I hear Ron shout.
"Sweet lord", Mattheo gasps.
"It's going to be a wonderful year i can tell", Theo grins.
"Draco, are you seeing this?", Says Blaise.
Draco seems entirely uninterested but he claps along with the other students.
Madame Maxine follows behind the girls. She is even taller then Hagrid and i assume she is a giant of some sort.
"Jesus Christ", Seamus Finnegan shouts.
The girls bow as we cheer and Dumbledore welcomes the headmistress.
"Now our friends from the North! Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang! And the Headmaster Igor Karkaroff!", Dumbledore shouts and once again the doors slam open, this time with more force.
A crowd of boys storm in, all tall and muscular wearing brown uniforms and some holding walking sticks of some sort and bashing them against the floor as they walk.
The whole room goes silent, intimidated by the boys and also transfixed at the same time.
"Wow", I whisper as the Headmaster walks in with none other then Viktor Krum beside him.
"BLIMEY ITS HIM!", Ron screams, waving towards me and pointing at Krum in awe.
"Albus!", Headmaster Igor chuckles and hugs Professor Dumbledore.

Dumbledore waits for things to settle down.
"I would like to establish some ground rules. No one under the age of 17 will be allowed to participate", he says quietly.
The crowd boos at him.
"THATS NOR FAIR!", people shout.
"RUBBISH!".
He reveals a smoking goblet, with blue smoke spilling out of it.
"This is the goblet of fire. Should you wish to submit your name into the tournament, you must write your name and school on a piece of paper and slip it into into the goblet".
"I'm 100 percent trying that", Blaise says.
"Won't work idiot", i sigh.
"The winner will receive the Triwizard Cup!", He smiles and brings out a shimmering blue cup that appears to sparkle and shine like a magical diamond of some sort.
"Its so pretty", I say, mesmerised.
"When i win i'll give it to you", Blaise whispers.
I roll my eyes.
"For now, that will be all. Be friendly to our guests and i wish you all a good day!", he sits back down to eat his breakfast.
"This is so exciting", I say.
"I'll be back, i'm gonna introduce myself to the ladies", Theo winks.
"Wait for me!", Mattheo shouts and gets up too.
"They truly are desperate", Blaise says.
"I'll let you in on a secret. Neither of them has ever even kissed a girl", Draco chuckles.
"The way they carry on i thought they had five kids each", I laugh.
"Wonder who's gonna be our Triwizard champion then eh?", Blaise says tucking into his food.
"Cedrics 17 isn't he?", i say, half talking to myself.
"Pft, Cedric wouldn't last two minutes in the tournament", Draco says.
"And you would?", I say.
"I wouldn't take part in such a stupid event", Draco snarls.
"You're far too sophisticated for that, i forgot", Blaise says.
"Couldn't have put it better myself", he grins.
"I'm gonna go find Cedric", i murmur getting up.
"Tell him Dracos madly in love with him and wants to have his Hufflepuff babies", Blaise says.
"Piss off Blaise".
I leave them alone to bicker amongst themselves and go find Cedric at the Hufflepuff table.

"Hey".
"(Y/N)", he says, breaking away from his friends.
"So, how do you feel about the tournament?", I ask.
"Excited", he smiles widely.
"I think i'm gonna put my name in".
"Really?", i ask.
"Yes. It'll be fun. Plus i know Dad will want me to", he grins.
"Are you sure?", i say getting worried.
"What do you mean?".
"It seems...dangerous", i mutter, feeling stupid.
"Worrying about me now are you?", he smirks.
"Shut up", i smile.
"I'll be fine darling, trust me. It's sweet though...that you care", He takes his hand and sweeps my loose hair behind my ear. I feel butterflies appearing one by one in my stomach.
"Of course i care".
"If i do get to compete, i'll definitely feel a lot more confident if i have you cheering me on".
"I plan to", I laugh.
"I'll be extra safe for you (Y/N), now that i know you're madly in love with me", He chuckles.
"Stop! I just don't want you to get hurt" , i say.
"I'll be fine, i promise. Are we still meeting tonight?", he asks.
"Yes. Don't be late". i joke.
"I'll be extra early actually", he smiles sweetly and i make my way back to my table.

I sit for a few minutes, thinking about the encounter we just had two minutes ago, the way he pushed my hair behind my ear and...
"So is he going to do it?", Blaise interrupts my thoughts, startling me.
"What? Oh. Yes, he's going to put his name in", I say dreamily.
"Good, at least then he won't be hanging around our table as much anymore", Draco complains.
"What is your problem Draco? Why are you in such a foul mood", I snap.
"I'm not! Blaise back me up here!", he says.
"Sorry mate but i'm with (Y/N) on this one. You've said about three words today and anything that
does come out of your mouth is a dig at (Y/N).", Blaise says.
"Right, gang up on me the both of you", he says.
"Draco no one is ganging up on you", i say.
"Could've fooled me!", He shouts.
"I'm sorry, i didn't mean it like...", I begin but he interrupts.
"Fuck this. I'm gonna go find the boys. Have fun bitching about me", He spits and gets up from the table.
Why does he always have to ruin my mood?