The Chamber

Suddenly, I could see the hut in the distance and for a moment everything felt okay again.
I knocked on the door and Hagrid opened it with a look of horror on his face.
"What are you doing ere?", He cries.
All three of us barge our way in.
"We have to warn you", Ron blurts out.
"From what? You shouldn't be ere", He says.
"Hagrid their going to frame you again. We know about the chamber of secrets", Harry says.
"What the? How do you lot know abou that eh? Bloody hell you shouldn't be here", Hagrid says In a fluster.
"Hagrid you need to listen to us", I say.
Out of nowhere, someone knocks aggressively on Hagrids door.
"Get under that cloak! And don't say a word!", He whispers.

We pull the cloak over us and back away to the exit door.
Hagrid opens the door smiling, "Ello minister, Dumbledore", he pauses, "Lucius", he says reluctantly.
Lucius Malfoy? What the hell Is he doing here? And the minister of magic? My stomach does a backflip.
"Bloody hell", Ron whispers.
"I expect you know why we're here Hagrid", the minister says gloomily.
"Listen Minister, I ain't done nothing and you need to know that", He pleads.
"So you say", Lucius spits.
"I can say wholeheartedly that I believe Rubeus Hagrid to be innocent. He is no more guilty than I am.", Dumbledore says calmly.
"Thank you for that contribution Dumbledore but we have no choice. Considering Hagrid's past allegations..", he begins.
"But that wasn't me! I was framed! And you know it!", Hagrid shouts.
"We have no choice but to send you to Azkaban.", The minister sighs.
Lucius looks over at where we are standing under the cloak suddenly. He steps closer, a suspicious look on his face and I hold my breath under the cloak. To my relief he walks back slowly.
"Now I must ask you to come with me Hagrid", the minister says.
"Right. I'll go", Hagrid says defiantly.
He coughs slightly, "someone's going to have to feed the dog while I'm away. And uh, if anyone be needing anything they should retrace their steps...try looking in the bathroom for instance", he says looking directly at us.
Lucius looks down at Fang disgusted.
"Right then. I'll be off", he says and finally they leave the hut one by one, Lucius taking a final glance inside and slamming the door shut.

"This is ridiculous", i say finally.
"What are we going to do?".
"I know where it is", Harry says.
"What?", Ron says.
"The girl that died. It's moaning Myrtle. The chamber is in the bathroom where she died.", Harry says.
"Wait. That makes sense. You speak parseltongue don't you Harry?", I ask.
"Bloody hell we've gotta go", Ron says.

We run back up to the castle disregarding the noise we're making until we see Professor Mcgonagall and Dumbledore talking behind one of hallways.
"Sshh!", Harry whispers.
We lean against the wall, trying our best to listen in to their conversation.

"Who is it the monster has taken Minerva?", Dumbledore asks.
"Ginny Weasley", She says gravely.
We turn to look at Ron who is pale as a ghost.

Ron begins to run and we chase after him frantically until we reach the girls bathroom.
"Right. Let's do this", he says.
"Are you okay Ron", I begin.
"No time for that. We've got to save her", he says.
I nod as Harry begins to speak parseltongue.
The sink and taps begin to open until we are standing over a black hole.
"Blimey", Ron says.
"I'll go first", I say.
"Are you sure you wanna do this (Y/N)", Ron says.
"I'm sure. We've got to save her", I smile.
Ron smiles back at me weakly.
"Shout us when you're down there okay?", Harry says but I've already jumped down without wasting any time.
"OW!", I shout as I land on some rocks.
"Come down!", I shout.
One by one the boys land with a thud in front of me.

Harry looks around, thinking.
"Right one of us should stay here and keep a lookout", he says.
The boys instantly look at me.
"Not a chance. I'm coming with. I'm the only Slytherin here and we're in the chamber of secrets, home to the heir of Slytherin", I roll my eyes.
Harry glances at Ron.
"I'm not going to pretend to be annoyed because I'm quite glad", Ron says.
Harry laughs, "just keep a lookout mate alright?", he says.
"Will do. Be careful guys."

We carry on through the chamber until we reach a circular shaped door with snakes twisting around it.
"This has to be uR", Harry says.
"Try and open it", I say.
Harry begins to speak parseltongue and surely enough the door begins to open, each snake releasing itself from the door.
"Brilliant", he says.

"Harry", I say quietly.
"Yes?", he asks.
"I'm scared", I admit.
"Me too", he says.
"Really?"
"Really", He squeezes my hand tight.
"I won't let anything bad happen to you okay? You're safe with me", he smiles.
I turn to hug him and I squeeze his hand back.

We walk into the chamber slowly, nervous and cautious until we see Ginny Weasley lying on the damp floor, lifeless.
"GINNY!", Harry shouts.
We kneel to the ground and begin to try and wake her but she's cold and not moving.

"Harry is she...is she..", I say the word on the tip of my tongue.

"Dead?", a familiar charming voice says.
I turn to see Tom Riddle, the boy from the diary standing before me and Harry.
"No, not yet", he says.
"Who are you?", Harry snaps.
"He's the boy from the diary!", I say.
"Please Tom can you help us she's not moving!", I plead.

"I've been waiting to meet you, (Y/N), (L/N)", he smirks, sending a shiver down my spine.
"What? What do you mean?", I ask, taking a step back.
"You possess the same magic I do. You crave the same things. You are destined to be a dark witch and you know it", he murmurs.
"Dark witch? Tom? What are you..", I look down at Ginny and the pieces begin to fit together.
"You did this to her. How?", i say, my voice trembling.
"Oh no darling, she did this to herself", he says,
"She took the diary and she herself opened the chamber. She did all the writings on the walls and she awakened me", he says.
"No. Ginny would never!", Harry shouts.
"Why would she do that?", I ask.
"Because I told her to", he says plainly.
"You'll find I can be very persuasive.", he half smiles.
"You bewitched her! You sick freak!", Harry shouts.
"BE QUIET BOY!", Tom snaps causing me to flinch.
"I am here to talk to her", he looks at me.
"Please Tom. Whatever this is just let Ginny go. She doesn't deserve this", I plead.
"Ah but you see, as Ginny here grows weaker, I grow stronger. Once her heart ceases to beat mine will begin again". he says.
"Tom", I beg.
"We could be great together you know. Two powerful pureblood..", he starts.
"STOP IT! I AM NOTHING LIKE YOU!", I scream.
"Oh but you are. You think by defending mudbloods and befriending gryffindors you can hide that part of yourself but you can't. I can see it. I can smell it", he reaches out to touch my face.
"NO! I WONT LET YOU DO THIS TO HER", I grab for my wand but he's too fast for me.
"PERTIFCUS TOTALUS!".
Suddenly I'm on the ground and no matter how hard I strain myself I can't move or talk.
"I'm sorry but I had to", he whispers as he stands above me.
He kneels down and strokes my face, "as soon as this is over you'll see how perfect we really are together", he says and I try with all my strength to scream but I can't.
He takes a step back and all I can hear is that spell ringing in my ears.
"STUPEFY".
Damp.
Cold.
Black.