The Stone

It was finally the weekend at Hogwarts and I had survived my first week. I was settling in quite well and enjoying my classes so far, especially MgConagalls class, she was quite a badass really.
I woke up early around 8 am on Saturday morning, my body still used to waking up for school.
I threw on some grey sweatpants and a big blue hoodie and made my way down to the common room, tying my hair back as I walked.

I look around and see four students already up and sitting down. Marcus Flint and Millicent Bullstrode are sitting on one side of the room talking amongst each other while trying to do some sort of homework. On the other side of the room Draco and Blaise are sitting down across from each other arguing over wizards chess. I smile to myself and make my way over.

"Morning (Y/N)", Draco beams at me.
"Sleep well?"
"Pretty well".
Blaise yawns loudly.
"Better then Blaise anyways", Blaise laughs and scratches the back of his head.
"I was up late trying to do the bloody potions homework. It's impossible", he moaned.
I take a seat down next to Draco who makes room for me.
"I'll help you with it later if you want", I offer.
"Would you really?", Blaise said in awe.
"Your the best (Y/N).", he grins widely.
Draco shuffles in his seat.
"How was dinner with the Gryffinbores", Draco said raising his eyebrows. It seems he has found a new name for them.
"Don't call them that. And it was lovely thank you for asking", I say triumphantly and Draco grunts.
"Gryffinbores? I don't get it", Blaise says puzzled.
"No surprise there Blaise", Draco scowls.
"Ooo what's got your wand in a twist", he says laughing.
Draco rolls his eyes and leans back against the leather couch
"So you coming to the study sesh tonight Draco?, I ask trying to diffuse the tension.
He thinks about it for a little while.
"Yeah sure. You might need some help tutoring Blaise.", he grins.
"Hey! What's all this abuse for", Blaise shouts.
"Blaise! Treat your professors with respect please", I say mimicking Professor McGonagall's shrill voice.
They burst into a fit of laughs and I relax on the sofa as they continue to play their game of wizards chess.

I decide to go for a little walk and bump into Ron, Harry and Hermione in the corridor.
"Hey (Y/N), we're about to go down to Hagrid's, you wanna come?", Hermione asks.
I have time before I have to meet Draco and Blaise so why not.
"Yeah sure", I smile and we make our way down to Hagrid's hut.
It's small and circular but everything inside it is double sized to match Hagrid.
He welcomes us in and shuts the door behind us.
"Ello guys how are we all doing today", Hagrid says as he shuffles around making tea for us.

While Hagrid is distracted making tea they lean over and whisper to me.
"(Y/N) you know that third floor were not meant to be on?", Harry starts.
"Well we kind of accidentally went up there and we found out why students aren't meant to be up there"
My eyes widen in shock.
"There's a bloody three headed dog up there", Ron says dramatically.
"What!", I shout startling Hagrid.
"Everything all right (Y/N)?, He says concerned.
"Erm. Yes", I lie.
"It's guarding something (Y/N). And we think we know what", Hermione says.
"What is it ?", I ask intrigued.
"Well we think it's the", she lowers her voice and leans in closer.
"The philosophers stone", she whispers.
"Am I meant to know what that is?", I ask feeling rather stupid.
"Well I was doing some light reading", Ron snorts at this.
"And I discovered the stone and the creator of the stone, Nicholas Flamel who is happens to be an old partner of Dumbledore. The stone is capable of granting you eternal life and unlimited wealth".
"But why would the stone be hidden here at Hogwarts. Who is Dumbledore hiding it from?", I ask.
"That's what we're trying to find out", Harry says. "And we need your help".
"My help?", I whisper.
"Yes. We think Snape might be trying to steal the stone. He has a limp, have you noticed? And it seems like it came from the three headed dog".
I think to myself. Snape's a creepy guy and he definitely is mean but I don't think he would want to steal the stone.
"I really don't think it's him guys", I say and Hermione agrees with me.
"Neither do I, but we've got to watch him anyways. If this stone gets into the wrong hands.." she starts but Ron interrupts.
"It would be very very bad", he finishes.
"So you want me to keep an eye on Snape?", I say looking at each of them.
"Yes. It should be easier for you since he's your head of house. You don't have to if you don't.." Harry starts.
"No I want to help. Your right if this stone gets into the wrong hands"... I think of what Ron said about Voldemort on the train.
"It would be bad".

They smile at me relived and before they can speak Hagrid is placing tea and rock cakes in front of each of us. The rock cakes do not look very appealing but we thank him nevertheless.
"Any news for me then", Hagrid says taking a bite of his rock cake.
"Harry made the quidditch team!", Hermione exclaims.
Harry blushes slightly and sips his tea.
"Congratulations Harry! I had no idea. I didn't even know first years were allowed on the quidditch team", I say astonished.
"They're not. Harry's the youngest seeker for decades", Ron takes a bite of his Rock cake and screams in pain.
"Blimey Harry! That's amazing. Whens the first game?". Hagrid seems so proud it's rather heart warming.
"Next week". Harry says nervously.
"You coming with us (Y/N)?", Ron asks.
"I wouldn't miss it" I say and Harry smiles in my direction.
"You lot make a good friend group. Odd but good", Hagrid beams and we laugh.
"The three Gryffindors and one sneaky Slytherin who somehow slithered her way into the group", Hermione jokes and I nudge her.
"You know you love me", I say laughing.
"Well, we tolerate you", Ron says sassily and my mouth drops open. We all burst into a fit of laughter and we sit and drink tea for a while longer while Hagrid talks about dragons and Hermione quizzes him about magical beasts.

We thank Hagrid for the tea and Rock cakes ( that are still sitting untouched on their plates ) and walk back up to the grounds.
I make my way back to my common room and then realize I promised to help Blaise study. Ugh merlins beard, I think to myself. I'd rather just curl up on the couch and sleep. But nevertheless I keep my promise and make my way to the library keeping an eye out for Snape as I do.