Dumbledore's Escape

The Dumbledores army meetings have been going well for weeks now. Everyone is learning a lot and spirits are high despite the crippling conditions of life at Hogwarts.
Draco and I make our way to the room of requirement for another lesson. They've become a part of regular life at this point. Lessons, homework study and DA meetings is what life consists of at the moment. Currently we're learning how to cast a patronus. We've been doing this for a few lessons now as it's a particularly hard spell to master. I cast mine on the second week, meaning I was one of the first. I'm not sure who was more shocked, me or the rest of the class. I discovered my patronus is a little owl. It was a weird experience casting it, it felt like something fierce and warm was being pulled out of me. Draco discovered that his patronus is a dragon and Blaise discovered his was a jungle cat much to his delight. Lunas is hare, Hermione's is an otter, Ron's is a jack russell terrier and Harry's is a stag. It was particularly entertaining watching everyones patronuses flying around the room together happily.

This lesson takes place as usual. Everyone is having fun and laughing as Dracos dragon patronus shoots fire at Blaises jungle cat patronus. I'm just about to cast mine when I hear a loud thumping noise coming from outside the walls.
"What the fuck is that?", I ask as everyone stops what they're doing to listen.
"What's going on?", Blaise says.
It's loud and aggressive and it seems to be getting closer. A scared first year hides behind me as it continues.
No one dares to speak or move. No one seems to know what to do.
"Everyone get back", Harry says quickly and we all move towards the back of the room.
I clasp Dracos hand and within what seems like a millisecond, the wall of the room is blown apart, a massive gaping hole appearing in the middle.
Professor Umbridge's face stares through the crumbling brick hole with a manic smile on her face.
Her minions stand by her side, one of them holding someone hostage. It's Cho Chang, a fellow member of the DA.
Everyone gasps. Harry can't seem to believe his eyes. We've been betrayed.
Umbridge grins like a mad woman and says in her high pitched voice which now appears to be getting higher with anger, "I'll make short work of this".
I feel myself being pushed away by Draco as she shouts, "BOMBARDA MAXIMA!".
The entire wall comes crumbling down with a loud crash, bits of brick flying everywhere and hitting people as they attempt to duck out of the way. Everyone screams as dust clouds the room and Unbridge's footsteps are heard entering. I feel Dracos hand on mine and his voice in my ear. "Are you okay? (Y/N) are you okay?".
"I'm fine", I say into the dust. We're still at the back of the room.
"Draco listen to me. You need to leave now. You can get past her while she can't see.", I explain urgently.
"Why aren't you coming?", He asks, searching my eyes for answers.
"I can't. JUST GO PLEASE", I shout.
"I'm not leaving you", He protests.
"DRACO! LEAVE NOW!", I scream but it's too late. The dust has settled and Umbridge is standing above us, a glimmering look in her eye.
"One thing, Miss (L/N). I asked one thing of you.", She hisses.
"What is she talking about?", Harry asks, one of Umbridges Inquisitorial Squad members holding his hands behind his back.
"QUIET YOU!", She snaps at him.
One of her minions approaches her.
"I found this professor".
He hands her a rolled up piece of parchment and I immediately know what it is. It's the list we all signed at the orientation. It has everyone's name on it. Fuck. I resist the urge to scream and cry out of frustration. Umbridge lets out a little squeal of horror as she looks at the parchment.
She motions to the Inquisitorial squad members and says, "Take them with you and follow me, NOW!". She points at me and Harry.
A tall, rugged looking boy grabs me by my shoulders tightly. I don't even bother trying to fight him off.
For a moment I feel relieved that Draco is safe from Umbridge's wrath but then I remember what will happen now that i've betrayed her.
"Where are you taking her? Don't you dare hurt her", Draco rushes after us as we're guided out of the room and up the hall.
Umbridge turns on her heel swiftly. She looks amused.
"Oh don't worry dear, you'll be with her very soon", She grins. My heart drops. If she touches a hair on his head I will murder her and go to Azkaban happily.
"(Y/N)!", He calls after me as i'm pushed away.
I try and turn around to shout back at him but the boys grip on my shoulders is too strong.
"I'm sorry", I whisper as i'm dragged further and further away.

We reach Dumbledores office and for a moment i'm hopeful. Surely Dumbledore will be able to do something. Harry and I and the two boys holding us walk in with Umbridge. I almost faint when I enter the room. Cornelius Fudge is standing across from Dumbledore, two men at each side. I recognise them as Kingsley Shacklebolt and John Dawlish. They're both working for him at the ministry. Shacklebolt was at the Order of the Phoenix meeting in the summer.
I make eye contact with Dumbledore who appears to be remaining calm as always, despite the annoying screech filling the air. Umbridge's voice.
"Look at this!", She exclaims. She reveals the piece of parchment to Fudge and points to the writing at the top.
"Dumbledore's army! Proof of what i've been telling you right from the beginning Cornelius!", She squeaks.
"Don't listen to her! She's a death eater! She practically admitted it to me herself!", I shout, receiving a painful shove in the back from the boy holding me.
Umbridge looks at me innocently, a fake look of pity on her face. "You poor thing. You don't know what you're saying dear". She grabs the parchment off Fudge and shakes it at him, pointing to the list of names, "You see how he has brainwashed these kids Cornelius! He's programming them against us! Against the ministry!".
She turns to Dumbledore. "All your fear mongering about you know who never fooled us for a minute! We saw your lies for what they were, a smokescreen for your plan to seize control of the ministry!".
Dumbledore's face expresses no emotion.
"Naturally", He says blankly.
"No! He had nothing to do with it, it was me.", Harry explains.
"Most noble of you Harry to shield me, but as it has been pointed out, the parchment clearly states Dumbledore's army...not Potters", He says earnestly.
"I instructed the students to form this organization and I and I alone am responsible for its activities".
"Dawlish, Shacklebolt! You will escort Dumbledore to Azkaban to await trial for conspiracy and-"
"Ah, I thought we might hit this little snag.", Dumbledore interrupts.
"You seem to be laboring under the illusion that i'm going to, what was the phrase? Come quietly?".
They all move forward towards him.
"Well I can tell you this. I have no intention of going to Azkaban", He smiles.
"ENOUGH OF THIS! TAKE HIM!", Umbridge yells, losing her patience.
Suddenly the sound of an animal crying and a flutter of wings is heard, and in a brief moment, Fawkes the Phoenix, Dumbledore's bird comes flying in through the window.
He raises his arms up to the bird and appears to connect with it as they both burst into flames and disappear gracefully.